Texas Marijuana Penalties

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lets just get it over with and legalize it.

Fewer people in jail.

Mexican dope smugglers out of business. Maybe.

More money in the Government tax coffers. For sure.

Less police, DA, and court time wasted on this BS. A lot less.

I'd rather have a dope smoker approaching the intersection I'm about to drive through than a drunken boozed out driver, but booze is legal. And I bet booze damages more lives than dope.

And no, I don't smoke it. Not in the last 30 years.

But when I did 4oz would just be enough to get the party started.:banana:

oldmodman for President!

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Great! All we need is more dope head pot smoking retard zombies roaming the planet. In case you didn't get my message, I despise all dealer/dopers as worthless pos's!

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
One of my best friends called me this morning in a panic... her 21 year old son was arrested last night with weed, in what the police are calling "an undisclosed amount, greater than 4oz"

She's beside herself, and you guys are the only LEO's I know of, so maybe you can shed some light on what he's up against?

A quick google search shows me that in Texas 4oz to 1lb is a state felony, punishable by 180 days - 2 years in jail and a $10,000 fine, however, it goes on to say:

"With no prior felony convictions, if convicted of possession of less than one pound of marijuana a judge must impose a sentence of probation with mandatory drug treatment. If no treatment center exists within the jurisdiction, the judge may waive the treatment requirement. The judge can also waive all fines."

This is the kids first brush with the law, can any of you give me an idea of what fate is awaiting his dumb ass and how likely he is to be getting actual jail time?

Thanks guys.

i did something stupid along time ago...i evaded.in a truck..this was in NJ right after the law changed...
I had gotten 81 tickets and 2 green sheets(state charge) ..

i was found guilty on 4 tickets of the 81,,and was sentanced to 4yrs in prison...i spent 7months in the county and was released on a program for 2yrs....

after all was said and done i learned a good lesson...

1 ..dont evade

2,,if i would have said i had a drinking problem and went on my own to a rehab for 30days...the odds were they would have slapped me on the back of my hand and sent me home...

this guy did wrong,,but can get out of trouble,,just has to amit he has a problem...our legal system is messed up...

example..that thing i did was during a divorce with kid issues,,i lost all my rights and went to the state for help,,,they more or less said get lost,,

funny the day i was released from jail i was giving all my rights back,,go figure

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Great! All we need is more dope head pot smoking retard zombies roaming the planet. In case you didn't get my message, I despise all dealer/dopers as worthless pos's!

Agree. I cannot believe this. There is actually a pro dope conversation in DS.

4a7191a

Established Member
i cant smoke due to work, but an old saying is An alcoholic brings home an ass whipping, a pot head brings home a pizza and video game. im all for legalizing it and taxing the shit out of it like they do cigs, maybe more tax, people will buy it. alot money could be made for the gov. and state if done right.

Last edited:

neatofrito1618

Established Member
5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

majorownage

yep
Established Member
This kid should have known what to do during interaction with the police.

He allowed them to search the house. Even if a cop smells weed that doesn't allow him to search the house.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

He allowed them to search the house. Even if a cop smells weed that doesn't allow him to search the house.

so we have another that doesn't know the law and yet thinks he is qualified to give legal advice.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member

Probable cause mean anything to you?

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Just a random question out of cusiosity.

A cop smells weed from a house but contact with occupants is never made. Being that someone's home is protected to the greatest degree under the 4th amendment, would a LEO have enough PC to break their door down?

Futhermore, would the scenario change if he witnessed drugs/paraphernalia through a window?

I've heard "knowledge of a crime being comitted" gives LEOs their PC, but I can't imagine someone playing music too loud/'disturbing the peace' or something of the like would be seen as acceptable rationale by the courts.

Where does case law weigh in on this? Any personal experiences?

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Lol you are in the top 5 of the dumbest people to ever to post on this forum since I've been here. Anything you advocate should immediately be punishable by execution.
Top 5 dumbest to post because I hold a Pro-Marijuana stance? Throw the duncecap on me and give me a stool to sit in the corner with DICKHEAD!!
It's OK for beer companies to FORCEFEED ad's down our throats and equate drinking cold one's with a perfect Utopia that all breathing humans need to be a part of:bs:
I love the guys that hold weed in the same regard as heroin,cocaine,and crystal meth made in someone's bathtub! Those substance are Evil Crap and should be policed.

Monster Mach

Established Member
You offering for sale?

Looks like enough for a ban. :poke:

Yep all over the internet.. haven't smoked weed since highschool lol.. sucks when everyone around in ny sells shit and walks up to you begging you to buy

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Yep all over the internet.. haven't smoked weed since highschool lol.. sucks when everyone around in ny sells shit and walks up to you begging you to buy

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Wishful thinking after your failed dickhead thread. :lol1:

Maybe you just look like a doper?

I don't get solicited to buy marijuana. Hang out in front of convenience stores often? Which one were you, the fat guy in the overcoat or the tall loud skinny guy who cant rap? :rolling:

cohhbra

Established Member
so we have another that doesn't know the law and yet thinks he is qualified to give legal advice.
Those guys I told you about, this is one of their things. Cops smelled pot, knocked on their apartment door, asked if there was weed, guy said yes and they had to wait in the living room for 2 hours before a proper search warrant came through. Peoples houses are different than their cars. Ways he could have avoided it you ask? Well since its an apartment building there's no way you can prove that smells coming from the apartment considering there's 2 other apartments with a 15ft radius. Also could have told them to get out while that search warrant comes through, if they're waiting on one it means they NEED one to go through the house and therefore even be there. Tell them to get out and dispose of any evidence via the toilet. This is why I said they're dumb, they totally could've walked away free and clear.

Like I said before, I would enjoy watching you take it from the police because you would lay down and let them do whatever to you without a single word. You should expand your mind and realize you are not bound by the laws of man and that right and wrong is not real, they are opinions that people have. According to nature there is no right or wrong, only what I do and don't do. You are bound by what nature allows such as consuming marijuana or not, it is not right or wrong, its purely, yes I can light marijuana on fire and inhale the smoke if I want.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Those guys I told you about, this is one of their things. Cops smelled pot, knocked on their apartment door, asked if there was weed, guy said yes and they had to wait in the living room for 2 hours before a proper search warrant came through. Peoples houses are different than their cars. Ways he could have avoided it you ask? Well since its an apartment building there's no way you can prove that smells coming from the apartment considering there's 2 other apartments with a 15ft radius. Also could have told them to get out while that search warrant comes through, if they're waiting on one it means they NEED one to go through the house and therefore even be there. Tell them to get out and dispose of any evidence via the toilet. This is why I said they're dumb, they totally could've walked away free and clear.

You are so full of shit. It's pretty easy to tell which apartment the odor is coming from. The doors are NOT 100% sealed. Stand outside the door close enough and take a big sniff. You'll find out EXACTLY where the marijuana is. That doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. Secondly, a search warrant is needed to SEARCH. Not needed when PC for the warrant is evident and the area is being SECURED prior to it being obtained. Again, please stop spewing your ignorant bullshit in Donut Shop.

Users who are viewing this thread