Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Some draggy results:

Colorado, stockish, untuned
Image1686863830.334587.jpg

Florida, current mods, PBD TUNE 93octane, Computer Shifting at 7500rpms
Image1686863874.044890.jpg

Side note: Car probably has about 200lbs worth of shit still in it from the move.

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Great numbers. Looks like you have some slip and or timing pulled? Still 825 if you follow the curve.

Is that torque curve normal? The early peak and decline seems weird but I am ignorant of these motors.

Tezz500

Established Member
Great numbers. Looks like you have some slip and or timing pulled? Still 825 if you follow the curve.

Is that torque curve normal? The early peak and decline seems weird but I am ignorant of these motors.

I’m thinking Belt slip as well. I mentioned this to them and they agreed. As I mentioned before, I have the whipple tensioner and a new belt to match that I plan on installing later to try and cure this.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Car is done! Heading down to grab it and get the scoop but here’s the numbers.

I’m thinking belt slip and octane fighting boost/timing are an issue with the 2.6 upper (not to mention stupid southern florida heat and humidity.)

(Still have the stock tensioner with the stock belt and the SPE adjustable idler pulley.)

Gonna enjoy this for awhile and then May do an E85 tune in the fall.

View attachment 1797264
Nice numbers with the power upgrades completed @Tezz500 Belt slip correction and a E85 tune......850 RWHP easy.......(y)

Torchy

Established Member
Good stuff man. I have just about the exact same set up. Getting on the rolllers on 21st.

Did PBD think it was belt slip? FYI I do have a whipple tensioner and you'll need a shorter belt, especially if you get the 2.5" Whipple tensioner, which is now their new standard. Factory tensioner pulley diameter is 3".

K080670HD is prob going to be perfect. 67.5" OD

Im running the K080675HD 68". It started at 33-34 on the tensioner, looks like it's stretched to 30-31 after 100 miles soo I have a K080670HD laying around and might put it on and see where it lands on the tensioner.

Tezz500

Established Member
Good stuff man. I have just about the exact same set up. Getting on the rolllers on 21st.

Did PBD think it was belt slip? FYI I do have a whipple tensioner and you'll need a shorter belt, especially if you get the 2.5" Whipple tensioner, which is now their new standard. Factory tensioner pulley diameter is 3".

K080670HD is prob going to be perfect. 67.5" OD

Im running the K080675HD 68". It started at 33-34 on the tensioner, looks like it's stretched to 30-31 after 100 miles soo I have a K080670HD laying around and might put it on and see where it lands on the tensioner.

Yep I have the belt and tensioner ready to go. Just need to slap them on.

I just ordered Headers. Probably won’t slap them on till This winter.

Torchy

Established Member
Yep I have the belt and tensioner ready to go. Just need to slap them on.

I just ordered Headers. Probably won’t slap them on till This winter.
Which ones did you go with? I have heard the 2" ARH can rub and not sure about kooks.

Kinda weird drama when you buy direct from Kooks if going catless. They want your year, make model and VIN and I don't like that. Stay out my biz gubberment.

Tezz500

Established Member
Which ones did you go with? I have heard the 2" ARH can rub and not sure about kooks.

Kinda weird drama when you buy direct from Kooks if going catless. They want your year, make model and VIN and I don't like that. Stay out my biz gubberment.

Kooks baby… the answer for which headers is ALWAYS KOOKS.

Torchy

Established Member
Manual shifting yes. If I let it shift it shifts at the factory setting. FYI the draggy pull was factory shifting. NOT all the way out to 8250.
Ahhh that anwsers another one of my questions.

Did you get green catted? If so, drama free?

Torchy

Established Member
OP so had this set up on the car for a monthish now. Does yours make this very slight marble/dry bearing noise? It's at like 1500rpm and above and you can barely hear it. Almost like a bearing in a pulley is dry.

A buddy of mine said all 2650's make it when you change the pulley and it's the supercharger and not a pulley.

dan1982

Established Member
soooooooooo... how much power do you figure ure gonna need to get it in the 2 second range 60-130? whats the goal here? I mean... are u gonna be racing GTPs? Does it gotta be GTP fast?

Tezz500

Established Member
OP so had this set up on the car for a monthish now. Does yours make this very slight marble/dry bearing noise? It's at like 1500rpm and above and you can barely hear it. Almost like a bearing in a pulley is dry.

A buddy of mine said all 2650's make it when you change the pulley and it's the supercharger and not a pulley.
I have not heard anything like this and I have been under the hood extensively going over my work to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Currently dealing with either FORD or the Previous owner boogering up the Exhausts to the point where I have to drop the catback to get the Selective Exhaust Valve harness out.. its rubbing the frame and causing a short.

Torchy

Established Member
I have not heard anything like this and I have been under the hood extensively going over my work to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Currently dealing with either FORD or the Previous owner boogering up the Exhausts to the point where I have to drop the catback to get the Selective Exhaust Valve harness out.. its rubbing the frame and causing a short.
Interesting. Common issue on the wire harness thing. Hopefully Ford should cover it under warranty. Might depend on the dealer. If it was stock or close to it, it would 100% be covered. Seen it personally covered multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread