The 6 speed re-invented...

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
So after staring at the T-56 in the corner of the garage for over a year I SLOWLY re-installed it over the past 10 months working on it when I wasn't traveling or fabbing parts for other people. It felt really good to work on my own truck for once. Didn't really do anything different from the previous installation other than spent a lot of time on the interior making it look the way I really wanted including getting the throw of the shifter to a short, tight shift. No more bus driving here:banana:

The throw is similar to a stock mustang now. I absolutely love it. DMP's original tune is working great but there are a few small issues that I have temporarilly fixed with jumper wires and un-plugged sensors. These will be fixed when a new tune is made. No idle issues like before either.
hqq8ruckxz.jpg

This is only a first run at the console top. I am having MMCUSTOMWORKS mould in 2 gauges and a Blackberry/iPod area. I just quickly glassed and wrapped this so it looked good till funds start flowing again.
mf8bhpa1fa.jpg

That said, I have a few more things to do. I still need to fab a cover plate for the top of the sub/amp boxes and finding some floor matts.
rvju4axsip.jpg

3s6uvjfput.jpg

And don't bust my balls about the seats. They look WAY better in person than they show up in pictures. They actually look like butt in these pictures. I think the glare from the leather is making them look to red. Whatever.

Scotty

FordFanStan

Established Member
Scott that is really great to here. I have always been one of the biggest fans of this this mod on your truck. Can I get you to re-write your post about the original install and make it into a how-to for me. I am going to help 02SilverBullet do this same thing, hope you don't mind lol.

If you want adjustments on the original tune I'm pretty sure Dante still has it and can send a new file over whenever you need man. Hope all is well and when am I going to see you again? I owe you some :beer: :thumbsup: FFS

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Thanks all.

The throw was a trial and error process that drove my CNC guy at work insane. I started with a B&M shifter for a SRT-10 RAM and moved the pivot point up about 4" and slightly elongating the bottom of the pivot ball. We have to put in shifter stops to prevent trans damage. I ended up having a guy at work mill me an all new body on the 5 axis CNC because of the excessive mods I did to the B&M piece. I found out after all this that there is a company the SRT guys use call X-Metal Engineering and they already built what I had made. I couldn't be to mad. I got mine made for free. X-Metal's shifter is about 400 bucks. X-metal engineering product catalog | Billet short throw shifter You would have to bend the stick a bit to get it to a comfortable position.

I would love to write a how to but there is no time at the moment. I am moving to the US shortly and I have 2 projects I promised to have completed a while ago for a few members so I am balls to the wall. On top of that, I fly out again next week. I you want to go to my original thread, 90% of it is there and I can answer most questions via email.

I will see if I can get a vid later today. I got some bombing around to do.

And Stan, I am in LA next week. Shoot me your cell again and I will text you when I am done with meetings. I can probably swing down to your "hood". Anything for beer and tilted kilts!

Oh yeah... and Kyro, thats actually coffee. Damn starbucks always fills them to full... Excuses, excuses... I will clean the truck today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread