the alignment shop scratched my calipers

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
So after driving on my sportlines for a few weeks I went to my favorite alignment shop. The tech used bungee cords as a secondary way to secure the alignment base to my rim. As he spun the wheel it gouged and scratched the shit out of my calipers. The owner is going to "paint" them to match. If it doesnt work he will replace them. Im hopping he doesnt dick around wednesday and he gets it right the first time. Rant over.. ill post picks in the morning

Nuar

Established Member
Paint?!
Are they brembos?
If so FIGHT for replacements! People pay premium for brembos and they want to PAINT them?

Fun4me

Established Member
I knew someone was going to have a problem with that tight clearance between the rim and caliper that ford put on these cars. I think replacement calipers are a little too much, but a professional powdercoating would be nice if you can handle the downtime.
Pics?

kingnut

Established Member
sucks to hear but i would just get the alignment for free. and have him give you some money for paint and labor. then do it yourself. a nice gloss black or red high temp paint looks great. there's a couple of threads on here.

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
New calipers cost 311.00 each from ford. If he would give me a rental i would be more than happy to let him powdercoat them. I showed him the window sticker and what the brake upgrade costs.

grnenvy

Established Member
When ever I take my car in for an alignment I make sure they know I'm super fussy. I make sure I get to talk to the tech working on my car and explain to them what they need to becareful with. I have been super lucky and I also tip $$ the tech for dealing with me and my car. Fortunately I do all my own work except if I don't have the machine needed to do it.

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
When I was younger I was hard to deal with but now ive relaxed lot. The same shop aligned my gt500 with ccw wheels and 5 fox bodys. Ill take my 88 coupe that has race stars to him when its running. I do most my own work or a buddy lends a hand.

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
The son wasnt very helpful at first. Once the old man got involved he remembered me for "bastardizing a mustang". He isnt a fan LS swapped fords. We will see how they act once the 600.00 bill comes in

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well that sucks man sorry to hear touch up paint should fix it easy. No way should a caliper be replaced. It doesnt effect the way it functions

1bad03snake