The big DAY!!

bransharksfan

2006 ST Class AutoX CHAMP
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
That sucks bro. I hope you find your gremlins. In 93* weather, stock fuel system, M.powers, 6lb lower, she made 458/551. Maybe you should take it to another tuner. Good luck.

Well I just bought some pumps from LL and looking for the injectors now!

WIll have this done in the next week or so and take it back!

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
I have 60# now. Stock pumps, Sct mass air, 77*, 11.8-11.9 a/f, she pulled 488/576. They aren't gonna charge you for the retune are they? With the fuel mods there shouldn't be a problem unless they don't know what they're doing. Good luck Brandon.

bransharksfan

Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
I have 60# now. Stock pumps, Sct mass air, 77*, 11.8-11.9 a/f, she pulled 488/576. They aren't gonna charge you for the retune are they? With the fuel mods there shouldn't be a problem unless they don't know what they're doing. Good luck Brandon.

Nah NO CHARGE they are sponsoring my truck. I will do what they tell me. I hope they can get the bugs out!

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
this is the relay. mine was bad , so it made my AFR at 17.1. i burned 2-3 plugs on the dyno on every pull trying to find out what was wrong. it was the supid relay. i think this relay controls the fuel pumps. it cost's $12.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
luv2drum1 said:
Did you check to make sure the hi/low relay is not bad? I have heard those go bad sometimes causing lean conditions at WOT. Good luck man.

He's been told to check that multiple times.

No offense to Apex, but I don't think they're COMPLETELY familiar with Lightnings. I understand they're ok with Mustangs, but they're still on the learning curve with L's. I don't know how they concluded the injectors were close to maxing out, when he wasn't close to the threshold they can handle.

B, according to the dyno results, is having fuel related issues, but in my opinion he should be smart with his money, solving the problem, and not just throw cash at it by throwing in new injectors. Yes, they might be a bit clogged, not flowing 100%...something. But that doesn't make them maxed out.

Plus he needs to look at other fuel related issues and see if that solves his problem. Regulator? Hi/low relay? Resistor? So many other things that can be checked before he drops a lot of money on new injectors that probably aren't needed. He needs to have his problem diagnosed properly before it can be adjusted to run correctly.

Stewart

Last edited:

luv2drum1

Established Member
Stewart_H said:

No offense to Apex, but I don't think they're COMPLETELY familiar with Lightnings. I understand they're ok with Mustangs, but they're still on the learning curve with L's. I don't know how they concluded the injectors were close to maxing out, when he wasn't close to the threshold they can handle.

B, according to the dyno results, is having fuel related issues, but in my opinion he should be smart with his money, solving the problem, and not just throw cash at it by throwing in new injectors. Yes, they might be a bit clogged, not flowing 100%...something. But that doesn't make them maxed out.

Plus he needs to look at other fuel related issues and see if that solves his problem. Regulator? Hi/low relay? Resistor? So many other things that can be checked before he drops a lot of money on new injectors that probably aren't needed. He needs to have his problem diagnosed properly before it can be adjusted to run correctly.

Stewart

Amen Brother! It really sounds like it is tune related, but it is his truck and he will do what he feels is right. It is always a learning experience and sometimes those learning experiences are expensive. Eventually, he will want to upgrade to a KB or Whipple, so he will need the upgraded pumps and injectors.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
Stewart_H said:

Stewart

:thumbsup:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Your stock pumps/injectors aren't the problem. It's the tuner. You should easily be able to make 460+ with your current combo. Verify your fuel pressure first to make sure that isn't suspect. Until you replace the Eaton changing pumps and injectors isn't really going to help you. I know you are being sponsored but getting bad tuning for free isn't really a benifit in my eyes. Furthermore the tuner not being able to tell you EXACTLY why your power is so low reinforces my belief that your L is in less than capable hands. I hope you get it sorted soon so you can enjoy driving it.

bransharksfan

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Your stock pumps/injectors aren't the problem. It's the tuner. You should easily be able to make 460+ with your current combo. Verify your fuel pressure first to make sure that isn't suspect. Until you replace the Eaton changing pumps and injectors isn't really going to help you. I know you are being sponsored but getting bad tuning for free isn't really a benifit in my eyes. Furthermore the tuner not being able to tell you EXACTLY why your power is so low reinforces my belief that your L is in less than capable hands. I hope you get it sorted soon so you can enjoy driving it.

Fade I just bought the pumps from LL and will be installing them soon. I was told that I should do that as a percautionary messure by I'D WIN. Better safe than sorry!

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I'm not arguing that they can't hurt in the long run just that you need to diagnose the current problem instead of changing parts to eliminate them. It sounds to me like your Maf transfer is all jacked up but of course I don't know for sure. Can you post the latest dyno graph with a/f? How about a quick run and log maf counts? I'm just trying to help out and get your L running the way I KNOW it can with what you already have in it. I wish I could do more.

bransharksfan

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
I'm not arguing that they can't hurt in the long run just that you need to diagnose the current problem instead of changing parts to eliminate them. It sounds to me like your Maf transfer is all jacked up but of course I don't know for sure. Can you post the latest dyno graph with a/f? How about a quick run and log maf counts? I'm just trying to help out and get your L running the way I KNOW it can with what you already have in it. I wish I could do more.

Fade I am only in Cali. ROAD TRIP!! LOL MAybe I can have Stewy do some data logging with me. I can figure out that XCAL2 to save my life! Stewy has a Preditor and we have logged with it before! I will have APEX send me the last graph!

I'D WIN

Established Member
B~

I have been telling you all along to upgrade your pumps! I told you to get them in there before the engine build as well. Anyways, now is better than never or too late! Its good/cheap insurance before fuel delivery problems become an issue.

I also told you to hold off on buying all these other parts (other than pumps) that Apex wants you to...they (or a GOOD "reputable" tuner) should help diagnose the problem at hand before having you go off and spend all of this money on parts that may or may not solve the problem. AND if they do, you want to know which one worked so you would know what the problem really was...one step at a time though! Baby steps! Diagnose! Just one of many keywords all tuners know (well, should know).

BTW, do they not carry aftermarket L parts to switch out just in case problems arise??

Another thing to note, I also said the same stuff Fade talked about in his post above (#90).

Remember what I said a LONG TIME AGO, FREE IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER! Well...are you seeing the light yet?

I understand they are sponsoring you but c'mon B...think about it!

Your just a test baby for them...if they get it right, they do ... if not, buy more parts to gain them more time and until they can figure it out! Good...hmm! Not so good in my book! There is a lot more but I will not post it here...good luck!

Next time, if you dare to do so, go to Apex for a dyno tune ... HAVE THEM DATALOG EVERYTHING and TELL THEM YOU WANT TO SEE THE NUMBERS SO YOU CAN POST THEM HERE...

One last thing before I hit the hay...if I am correct, they visit SVTP right? IF so, why don't they post up in defense of their reputation and tuning abilities??

Last edited:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
bransharksfan said:
HAHA BLOW ME!! :nono:

Pssst...B...you're response should have been, "Learn to punctuate, Marek!"

learn to spell brandon
Learn to spell, Brandon.

;-) :D

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread