The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Given the source, that number was buffed up and still only 19%.

The only question is when do EV's start stacking up on lots so badly and consumer screams of anguish become political, and shit becomes real for the politicians. Of course, at that point, it might be a moot point with all ICE gone.

According to CNBC “Only 19% of respondents to the poll, by the Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago and the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, said it’s 'very' or 'extremely' likely they would buy an EV as their next car.” Most car companies assume that the figure is astronomically higher, or they would not make their current level of investment.
That is interesting and not surprising. Wonder where are all the people that were claiming these auto execs are geniuses and are so much more in tune with what people will want. Perhaps the auto execs come from the same place the Budweiser execs came from. LMAO.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The Green expert advocates literally don't know what the **** they are talking about, not that it stops them from spewing the Green Insanity. What a ****ing joke.

They are fools,
CE518FE4-AC91-4B26-853D-FC85AA6C182F.jpeg
9EC0D36A-BCC3-4D31-BD20-FD17EE5E885D.jpeg

used as tools.
180A5BAF-D14C-431F-94F7-FB9E4F5F4951.jpeg

586E591C-9280-45F7-B8CA-88E14864839A.jpeg

TORQUERULES

Established Member
New EPA tailpipe emission standards that the Biden admin wants implemented were introduced today. They come out and basically say that they are so stringent as to push people into EVs as quickly as possible. In other words, you will either afford to by and EV if you want a new car, or if you can't afford one you will be SOL.

Now I understand the recent trend towards making premium fuel excessively expensive compared to other grades.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
The Biden administration unveiled the most aggressive tailpipe emissions ever crafted as part of its sweeping climate agenda and efforts to push Americans to buy electric vehicles (EV).

The vehicle pollution standards, proposed Wednesday by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and announced by the White House, will impact car model years 2027 through 2032. The White House said the regulations would "protect public health" by achieving carbon emission reductions of nearly 10 billion tons by 2055 and would save consumers an average of $12,000 over the lifetime of vehicles.

"Cars and truck manufacturers have made clear that the future of transportation is electric," the White House stated in a fact sheet. "The market is moving."

"As a car enthusiast and self-proclaimed car guy, President Biden is seizing the moment," it continued. "His Investing in America agenda is expanding domestic manufacturing and accelerating adoption of zero-emission vehicles, including battery electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and fuel cell electric vehicles."

The administration also projected the sweeping measures would "accelerate the clean vehicle transition" and reduce oil imports by 20 billion barrels. Critics have argued tougher tailpipe emissions standards for traditional gas-powered cars mainly serve to increase prices to ensure they are cost competitive with expensive electric alternatives.

Overall, if the regulations are finalized, a staggering 67% of new sedan, crossover, SUV and light truck purchases could be electric by 2032, the White House projected. In addition, up to 50% of bus and garbage truck, 35% of short-haul freight tractor and 25% of long-haul freight tractor purchases could be electric by then.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The Biden administration unveiled the most aggressive tailpipe emissions ever crafted as part of its sweeping climate agenda and efforts to push Americans to buy electric vehicles (EV).

The vehicle pollution standards, proposed Wednesday by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and announced by the White House, will impact car model years 2027 through 2032. The White House said the regulations would "protect public health" by achieving carbon emission reductions of nearly 10 billion tons by 2055 and would save consumers an average of $12,000 over the lifetime of vehicles.

"Cars and truck manufacturers have made clear that the future of transportation is electric," the White House stated in a fact sheet. "The market is moving."

"As a car enthusiast and self-proclaimed car guy, President Biden is seizing the moment," it continued. "His Investing in America agenda is expanding domestic manufacturing and accelerating adoption of zero-emission vehicles, including battery electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and fuel cell electric vehicles."

The administration also projected the sweeping measures would "accelerate the clean vehicle transition" and reduce oil imports by 20 billion barrels. Critics have argued tougher tailpipe emissions standards for traditional gas-powered cars mainly serve to increase prices to ensure they are cost competitive with expensive electric alternatives.

Overall, if the regulations are finalized, a staggering 67% of new sedan, crossover, SUV and light truck purchases could be electric by 2032, the White House projected. In addition, up to 50% of bus and garbage truck, 35% of short-haul freight tractor and 25% of long-haul freight tractor purchases could be electric by then.

Only 20% of Americans want to buy electric, what a cluster it is going to be.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My logical brain at work:

Those who want an EV and can afford an EV already have an EV. What ratio of ICE:EV do you see on your daily commute? It's obvious what the majority wants which makes this brute force move to EV all so curious. Electricity doesn't come from thin air so the climate change/pollution approach doesn't add up. Combine all this with unnecessarily jacked up gas prices and emissions standards. At this point, maybe .gov should just come right out and tell us they're trying to corral us under their thumb. I mean, look how many people ran out and got a series of shots without flinching or asking a single critical question. A staggering percentage of the population has full trust in politicians and elites so even if they're told to jump off a cliff, they'll probably still do it. So why can't we just cut the shit already?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Based on how Ford is all in on EV's and the new EPA regulations, it is hard to see how 2026 isn't the last year for ICE Mustang, bummer.

blk02edge

Established Member
My logical brain at work:

Those who want an EV and can afford an EV already have an EV. What ratio of ICE:EV do you see on your daily commute? It's obvious what the majority wants which makes this brute force move to EV all so curious. Electricity doesn't come from thin air so the climate change/pollution approach doesn't add up. Combine all this with unnecessarily jacked up gas prices and emissions standards. At this point, maybe .gov should just come right out and tell us they're trying to corral us under their thumb. I mean, look how many people ran out and got a series of shots without flinching or asking a single critical question. A staggering percentage of the population has full trust in politicians and elites so even if they're told to jump off a cliff, they'll probably still do it. So why can't we just cut the shit already?
Why can't we cut the shit? I think you answered your own question.. before you asked it

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Take away all the subsidies and free charging locations and watch how fast people drop EV's all together. Just imagine how onboard people would be with ICE if there were places you could fuel up for free like EV's currently, the freebies are the only thing EV's have going for them.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
"Cars and truck manufacturers have made clear that the future of transportation is electric,"

of FFS, they're only balls deep into EVs because ya'll said ICE would be banned.

I'd love to see the math on how this will save people 12k on a car when you factor in higher purchase price etc.

****ing clown world

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
of FFS, they're only balls deep into EVs because ya'll said ICE would be banned.

I'd love to see the math on how this will save people 12k on a car when you factor in higher purchase price etc.

****ing clown world
Also how many batteries would be needed in a 20year old car? My guess is five times the cost of $12k.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Battery is about $15k/10years at current rates.
Something tells me that the real issue is going to be finding a replacement battery for your 10 year old EV piece of shit. I mean how long do you really think OEM's will maintain a stock of or means of manufacturing a 10 year old component as complex and expensive as an EV battery when they are already 10 model years down the road. Now do the math when they dont even produce that particular model anymore, also dont forget that in todays "lean manufacturing/just in time supply" world stock is waste.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Battery is about $15k/10years at current rates.

Yup.

Kinda apples to apples...
So instead of my 2012 Escape, 2.3L, 4 cylinder, 130k miles on the clock, runs perfect, costing me ~$300 this year for 3 oil changes and random engine maintenance, I'd be spending $15,000 dollars for a new battery if it was an electric lady shaver?

Bwahahaha...

Joe
Biden
And
His
Regime

Kevinbonds

Established Member
If the tech was there, battery tech and production was clean and the infrastructure was in place, and all it took was a push to get people to switch, I would be inclined to say let's do it.

The issue is, based on all my research there exists no clean cobalt or lithium, the entire supply chain is a disaster, and anyone who tells you it's not coming from the Congo, and refined in China is lying to you. EV's using current battery technology are not capable of being mass produced the way ICE cars are today, new technology needs to be invented.

Also, there are only a few places that can recycle the minerals in the batteries, one of them is a former partner of Elon musk with Tesla, and he started a battery Recyling company. It's very successful however the amount of money and expertise to set up a recycling plant is huge, and he has years and years of supply sitting in warehouses that he cannot even get to recycle due to the sheer volume. This includes car batteries, phones, laptops etc. The sheer volume is hard to wrap your head around, and this is only with a small percentage of electric cars on the road.

The only motive I can see is to disrupt the industry under the guise of Climate Change so the democrats who are beholden to China can surrender to them and drain the US economy. America was built on personal independence, if you kill the ICE car you kill the spirit of America. I don't understand why these big auto makers kiss Bidens ass and don't fight back. It won't be long until they realize that anyone who wants an electric car already has one, and the market is not going to respond. By then it may be too late, and auto companies will be shit out of luck

blk02edge

Established Member
If the tech was there, battery tech and production was clean and the infrastructure was in place, and all it took was a push to get people to switch, I would be inclined to say let's do it.

The issue is, based on all my research there exists no clean cobalt or lithium, the entire supply chain is a disaster, and anyone who tells you it's not coming from the Congo, and refined in China is lying to you. EV's using current battery technology are not capable of being mass produced the way ICE cars are today, new technology needs to be invented.

Also, there are only a few places that can recycle the minerals in the batteries, one of them is a former partner of Elon musk with Tesla, and he started a battery Recyling company. It's very successful however the amount of money and expertise to set up a recycling plant is huge, and he has years and years of supply sitting in warehouses that he cannot even get to recycle due to the sheer volume. This includes car batteries, phones, laptops etc. The sheer volume is hard to wrap your head around, and this is only with a small percentage of electric cars on the road.

The only motive I can see is to disrupt the industry under the guise of Climate Change so the democrats who are beholden to China can surrender to them and drain the US economy. America was built on personal independence, if you kill the ICE car you kill the spirit of America. I don't understand why these big auto makers kiss Bidens ass and don't fight back. It won't be long until they realize that anyone who wants an electric car already has one, and the market is not going to respond. By then it may be too late, and auto companies will be shit out of luck
EV's could be magically free and I still wouldn't want it

Users who are viewing this thread