The little Whipple that could. 10.11@136, stock longblock.

ebrow21

Established Member
With the weather finally cooperating, A bunch of Coyote owners ended up going to the SCR last night, and ran some great times. Pretty sad for me though, I was one of the slower 5.0's out there, haha.

Quick breakdown of the car. 12 Gt Auto Premium. Only spare removed for weight. 3860 With me in it.

2.3L whipple on a VMP torco (100 octane) email tune. No revisions.
2.875in pulley (73mm equiv).
2c Circle D.
Stock oil pump gear with an ATI Damper.
Race Stars, stock manfolds, etc.

Every other track outing I've left the a/c on and allowed the tune to disengage the clutch (I have a killer chiller). Mistake. 35hp midrange loss on the dyno. This time I shut it off at the first bulb.

First Pass, flashing the converter from idle.
60' 1.51
1/8 6.63 @104.7
1/4 10.29 @ 134.97

Second Pass, I leaned on the converter a bit, which I've never really tried with this pulley. It LEFT! Had a late 3/4 shift on the pass, I think it may have hurt the 1/4 a litle bit.

60' 1.45
1/8 6.49 @ 106.19
1/4 10.11 @ 136.01

Because I forgot my tuner, I parked the car. I feel like if I added a degree or two of timing the car would have went in the 9's. Doesn't seem like a huge stretch, they had two tvs 5.0's well in the 9's (and two 9 sec paxton cars) out there last night as well.

Not sure if I'll ever know on the stock motor, I don't intend on running it again until some major upgrades are completed. I'm happy with it either way.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Nice ET and MPH, Congrats
AC should turn itself off at WOT. It should be off at the track anyway. To keep water off the starting line and down track.

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Any info on the TVS 5.0's running 9's? I've only seen 2-3 in the 9s so far. What times and mods/boost level?

g4dadon

Established Member
Great runs man!! Should've had your tuner to add the timing. You would've been part of the long list of the 9 sec crew last night lol!!!

ebrow21

Established Member
Any info on the TVS 5.0's running 9's? I've only seen 2-3 in the 9s so far. What times and mods/boost level?

I'll let them divulge setups if they so desire, they're both on here. Its not as complicated as some may make it out to be though. I'm sure they have a few running around that don't post on the forums. I wouldn't have under normal circumstances.

ebrow21

Established Member
Great runs man!! Should've had your tuner to add the timing. You would've been part of the long list of the 9 sec crew last night lol!!!

Thanks! I definitely regret not having it. The way so many of these cars are running locally, I'm going to start calling them Louisiana Stock.

mantis118

Established Member
Local street car with the roush tvs runs 9.40s. Was stock longblock until a couple months ago.... should be back on the road soon.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I'll let them divulge setups if they so desire, they're both on here. Its not as complicated as some may make it out to be though. I'm sure they have a few running around that don't post on the forums. I wouldn't have under normal circumstances.

Can you pm me their names so I can bother them? Just trying to figure out what to buy for my setup. :)

ebrow21

Established Member
Local street car with the roush tvs runs 9.40s. Was stock longblock until a couple months ago.... should be back on the road soon.

If he ran a 9.4x with a stock longblock, he may want to buy a lottery ticket. Records for both the longblock and the tvs, impressive. Would have figured the shop that tuned it would lay claim pretty quickly.

Can you pm me their names so I can bother them? Just trying to figure out what to buy for my setup. :)

A 2.3, a 72mm, an aggressive tune, and good weather/track is plenty.

Witt

Established Member
Nice ET and MPH, Congrats
AC should turn itself off at WOT. It should be off at the track anyway. To keep water off the starting line and down track.

PCM doesn't have control of the AC clutch in these cars.

ebrow21

Established Member
Great passes. Congrats. Got pics of your setup? Videos of the passes?

Thanks! The video of the pass is on my camera, I should have time to download and post it tomorrow. Here is a Dyno vid from the same day. Car made 607hp in 3rd, SAE. The car went 10.90 with 437hp on the same Dyno with a 75 shot.

[youtube_browser]xDsE21Pzvy8[/youtube_browser]

69camaro...

Established Member
Thanks! The video of the pass is on my camera, I should have time to download and post it tomorrow. Here is a Dyno vid from the same day. Car made 607hp in 3rd, SAE. The car went 10.90 with 437hp on the same Dyno with a 75 shot.

[youtube_browser]xDsE21Pzvy8[/youtube_browser]

wow that sounds good :rockon:

ebrow21

Established Member

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
That's interesting. Mine responds instantly. In fact, sometimes when I go to pass someone and go past 50% throttle on the highway, I notice the air go hot momentarily and then cool back off once I'm back to 'cruising' throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread