The new Cobra R for sale and want to buy thread

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
what state will the Joker R be moving to? i know it was in Va., and the owner had it at mustangweek in '07... that thing looked weird close up.... i too hope it is restored to the dinner pic.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I guess some guys could not look past that goofy paint job. Luckily someone did.

I don't understand that price either. To do the repaint to nullify the joker colors it has got to cost a few grand minimum. So, you are at the cost of a 5000 mile true original. I don't get that.:shrug:

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I don't understand that price either. To do the repaint to nullify the joker colors it has got to cost a few grand minimum. So, you are at the cost of a 5000 mile true original. I don't get that.:shrug:

Tom

Tom - Maybe the "historical value" of this car, is valuable to the buyer?<<To me it is of value. It seems that previous eBay auctions of this joker car, over that last few months, have netted bids in this range, maybe even a little higher? but at that time the reserve was in the high $20K's.

R

SDW Racing

Established Member

Tom

It might not if you have a friend in the painting business!

I bought it, I plan to track it when I can.

It has an interesting history, but it is no REAL RACE CAR, like the IMSA cars!

Will I restore it to Rosie's Diner? Maybe I will see what it would take to recreate the decals. I just want to clean it up, make some improvements and run it.

JM

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Will I restore it to Rosie's Diner? Maybe I will see what it would take to recreate the decals. I just want to clean it up, make some improvements and run it.

JM

Congrats. on the Rosie 95R!!

R

b4409

Established Member

JM

I just bought a 5k mile car (all white) that I'd gladly swap for the scary green and blue paint :thumbsup:

r82of250

Established Member

JM

Way to go Johnny Mac!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

JM

JM,

Congrats!

Knowing you bought the car and what you have been looking for makes this an understandable purchase for you. I do believe it was a good deal. Especially with the motor that is in it plus the short block. I look forward to seeing it at an event.

Tom

b4409

Established Member
Could we possibly have another "Joker"?? :rolling:

R

Yes, we do. But this "joker" likes to enjoy the cars for what they were made for rather than just looking at them. Thankfully, yet another kind soul has left a low mile track car for me to enjoy. Indeed, life is good.

r82of250

Established Member

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Anyone in the market for a 1965 Mustang 2+2 track car?

I've got 95 "R" #4 sitting safe and sound in the shop this evening...JM and RD dropped it off around 7pm......Will be taking a ton of pictures before we disassemble for a repaint back to all white..........

Oh, wait, now I remember why I hit the reply button, what are you asking for the 65 track car ;-) .....

Bill S.

r82of250

Established Member
I've got 95 "R" #4 sitting safe and sound in the shop this evening...JM and RD dropped it off around 7pm......Will be taking a ton of pictures before we disassemble for a repaint back to all white..........

Oh, wait, now I remember why I hit the reply button, what are you asking for the 65 track car ;-) .....

Bill S.

Sent you a PM Bill. Thanks for your interest.

Anyone else? I NEED, no, I DESERVE another 95 R, especially with cold A/C. Ha, ha, ha! An air conditioned Cobra R, an automotive dream come true. At least for us Floridians. Now it needs a little suspension work, roll cage, belts, seats......whoa, wake up Dean, you're dreaming, again.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I NEED, no, I DESERVE another 95 R, especially with cold A/C. Ha, ha, ha! An air conditioned Cobra R, an automotive dream come true. At least for us Floridians. Now it needs a little suspension work, roll cage, belts, seats......whoa, wake up Dean, you're dreaming, again.

Dean - It has your name written all over it. Go for it!!

A/C is a beautiful thing.

R

Users who are viewing this thread