The Nikon D90 shot my cobra, bronco and wife

dirty89LX

Established Member
While I'm in manual 90% of the time, there's still something to be said for being able to fire up one of the semi-auto/auto modes and poppin' off a shot.

dirty89LX

Established Member
So the Nikons are about the same as canons. My only DSLR experience is with my 20D and my friends 1D so i didnt know.

User Interface, shutter sound, ergonomics and body/feel are all different, but images for the most part are stellar across the different brands of DSLR. The real differences in image quality come into play at higher ISO.

Generally if you have a DSLR of ANY brand and a good knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture, you're going to be able to produce some very nice pictures.

:)

SpittinVenom

Established Member
User Interface, shutter sound, ergonomics and body/feel are all different, but images for the most part are stellar across the different brands of DSLR. The real differences in image quality come into play at higher ISO.

Generally if you have a DSLR of ANY brand and a good knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture, you're going to be able to produce some very nice pictures.

:)

That was random...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great photos to start. You'll only see better and better results with experience. I totally agree that having good glass is a huge part of getting great photos. Never skimp on the lenses. The old addage "you get what you pay for" really holds true for DSLR lenses. A middle of the road kit lens for daily use will be fine for those run of the mill photos, but for those primo close-ups, wide angle or telephoto shots invest in high end lenses. IMO the minimal setup should contain the regular kit lens for daily use, a high grade wide-angle lens (especially good for parties, etc.), and a high grade telephone lens (especially if you want to take wildlife shots). And the faster the lens the higher the cost, but if you plan on taking a lot of indoor shots (with low light) a faster lens will be a huge asset. Best of luck with your camera.

SkipBuxton

Established Member
Sorry, the pictures are less than adequate. What's with the not enough time had to leave in in auto mode? Put it in aperture priority and shoot.

If you can shoot a D50, you can use a D90. Stop buying cameras and learn how to use one. I could and have done much better with a Nikon CoolPix 950.

You go with your Nikon Coolpix :shrug:

BTW- I dont recall ever saying I did not know how to use the D50 - or the
D90. I said the D90 is much more advanced - but for you its probably childs play right ? :rollseyes

SkipBuxton

Established Member
You guys are right on about the glass - there are a few different wide angles I have been watching for on ebay and such. - I would love to get a Nikkor - but those come with a price. I have a sigma 70-300 that is a good lens for the money I paid........... Sigma has come along way and they make some quality lenses.

SkipBuxton

Established Member
Cleavage or ban!
Nice pics, very crisp!

here is another that I took of her...... and my interior --

This thread really is about the camera ..............right ?? ;-)

DSC_0027.gif

Last edited:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
whats up briansvt aka svtgolf. its supercharged from dcresource.com

awesome cobra!

SpittinVenom

Established Member
You go with your Nikon Coolpix :shrug:

BTW- I dont recall ever saying I did not know how to use the D50 - or the
D90. I said the D90 is much more advanced - but for you its probably childs play right ? :rollseyes

Oh yes....... these were in auto mode simply because I did not have alot of time

I think thats why we were questioning it. It doesnt take more than a few seconds to set the f stop and shutter speed, which would have netted much better pictures. And ya, sigma has came a long way. I use a Sigma EX DG 20mm 1.8 most of the time. But there is a clear difference between it and my 50mm 1.4 Ultrasonic canon. From now on all my money will be invested in L glass starting with the 70-200mm I have in layaway.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
The cobra is nice and clean, the wife is definitely a 10, and that bronco is just plain awesome. I have always loved those broncos. Again the wife is def a 10!

Camera is cool too lol

SkipBuxton

Established Member
I think thats why we were questioning it. It doesnt take more than a few seconds to set the f stop and shutter speed, which would have netted much better pictures. And ya, sigma has came a long way. I use a Sigma EX DG 20mm 1.8 most of the time. But there is a clear difference between it and my 50mm 1.4 Ultrasonic canon. From now on all my money will be invested in L glass starting with the 70-200mm I have in layaway.

So have you always been a Canon guy ? ......or did you move from Nikon to Canon. For me - I picked up a 40d.........and did not like the way it felt even compared to my D50. But I am biased - since I have never owned Canon. I have a buddy that sold me on Nikon years ago.......so that is what I have always had.

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
The most recent pic of the "interior" is getting closer... Keep going...

:D It's a very nice "interior" indeed. :dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread