The OFFICIAL DHGTerminator aka "Bullsnake" Build Thread

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Hey guys, SVTP has helped me in the last couple weeks more than I can even say, so I'd like to dedicate my build thread to you guys :rockon:

Excuse the pictures, some of them were taken with terrible devices that I had at the time, but I assure you i'll only use the best photography equipment when this car gets done.

Here's the first time I ever laid eyes on what now is known as the 'Bullsnake' (Bullitt+Cobra), was also the day before I went to apply for a loan.:

n681645011_1998074_7186.jpg

n681645011_1998076_8001.jpg

n681645011_1998075_7617.jpg

The first day the car was HOME, The car was nothing more than a bolt-on and tuned Bullitt MAYBE making 280 to the tire, if even that:

P1120826.jpg

P1120825.jpg

After I started the Modding and had a Kenne Bell 2.1 at 19 y/o, with more money than brains at the time, I bought the wheels from AM without caring that the front wheels were a Deep Dish, this was to be fixed down the line. The headlight lenses were a huge mistake also, I couldn't see ANYTHING driving down the road:

P5030985.jpg

P5030986.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

11-14-08_1202.jpg

IMG_7926.jpg

After I decimated the motor with the 2.1, I decided to go Big or go Home, this is the process, picked up this Terminator drive train for my conversion in Baton Rouge, LA. I was severely misled by the seller (Invictus), but the motor turned out good and hasn't given me any problems *knock on wood*. The car is a full Terminator conversion from the engine all the way back to the fuel tank. The only thing that remains Bullitt about the car is the paint, the interior with exception of the cluster, and the SRA w/ 3.73's:

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

BullittDyno003.jpg

As She sat shortly after the Terminator conversion with all kinks worked out, and 99-01 Cobra bumper put on. As you can tell the car need a drop terribly bad at this point: (These Pictures Courtesy of SVT03Chris)

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

4569553795_05b574fda9_b.jpg

Favorite shot before the drop...

IMG_4729.jpg

A few weeks before my springs came in some friends and I went out for some shots. SVT03Chris and Moot09, two of the nicest SB's around here:coolman::

IMG_0069.png

IMG_0071.png

My '69 even got some Glamour shots too! :beer::

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

FINALLY got the car dropped with Eibach Sportlines no ISO's, should have done it a long time ago! Had the new wheels on order but they hadn't arrived yet :cuss:. Also around this time I went ahead and put on Steeda adjustable upper control arms, and MM lower control arms with the adjustable spring perch:

photo2-2.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Around late last year, I picked this up off of a board member. I'll say, we had some problems with him to say the least, but I'm confident this blower will work out just fine for my needs:

IMG_0348.jpg

The rotors were EXTREMELY clean all the way around, and nothing made any funny noises or any contact, with a little free time and wanting to do something different, I took the snout off to polish it, and love how it came out!:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

167728_10150351540575012_681645011_16428788_5985098_n.jpg

164010_10150351540645012_681645011_16428791_8353106_n.jpg

167303_10150351540705012_681645011_16428793_2132657_n.jpg

After running the car at a local Ford event (Mods vs Rods), my clutch was roasted to say the least, I guess 500ft/lbs does that to these stock Cobra clutches! So, I went ahead and picked up the last clutch i'll ever need and went the 26-spline route w/ a lightened-steel flywheel.

IMG_0014.jpg

With the new clutch installed it was time to replace my worn-out Goodyear F1 Supercar's that I got a couple years ago, and I could not pass up the eBay seller who had the Toyo r888's for 350 shipped!:

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

With the clutch now installed and everything taken care of to make the car driveable, it was now time to start the installation of my 2.2 :burnout::

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

I figured while I was doing the build, now would be the best time to go ahead and pull the valve covers and paint or powder-coat them. It was a touch choice, but I was extremely happy with the outcome! (Minus my build plate getting screwed up in the process :fm:): HUGE thanks to Moot09 (Wes) with his help on those covers, they're a PITA to get off but went back on like a breeze!

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

With the valve covers being back on and seated well, it was time to get that blower on! :banana: Please excuse the vacuum lines, they're temporary until I shorten and hide them. :

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0131-1.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

This is the first shot I really have showing the newer front wheels, they're still a dish of sorts, but noticeably different from the rear, which is what I wanted.:

IMG_0081.jpg

Soon to come-

Triple-Return Style Fuel system from Lethal! (Thanks Matt!)
IMG_0104.jpg

Speedhut gauges, boost for obvious reasons, and a thermometer to measure I/C temps that should be Ice-cold thanks to a Killer Chiller that will go on when the fuel system does:
IMG_0105.jpg

The car is in the body shop right now getting a shaved Terminator bumper on it, and should be back in my hands early this week with any luck. I'll post picture as soon as I get it back, and i'll update this thread as often as I can with any news! I'm hoping for just short of 700rwhp. Because of SVTP the car will soon sport some Tokiko D-Specs as a result of winning 500 dollars from a school contest.

Thanks for looking, SVTP! :beer:

Dakota

Last edited:

moot09

Established Member
Hell ya man! The car has come a LONG way for sure. I know I'm excited to see this thing tear up the streets, I can't imagine how you must feel lol

And yes, those valve covers were a bitch. I can't believe they went back on so easily lol But they do look killer.

Dibs on first highway pull!:rockon:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Wow, that is a hell of a Life Story there. At the start I was like "WTF?" but it got way better. Looks pretty sick, what did it put down on the Dyno and 1320'?

Ls1Powerz

Noob
Established Member
<--- I drive a camaro and im jealous if that means anything to you...

This car is going to be my nemesis around here for a long time lol but i think that both cars will see the down time they deserve and i love the attention to detail!

Keep it up Dakota! And you got my number if you need any help :D

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Sick work Dakota...my favorite Bullitt ever...love the car and everything you did to it...congrats on the $500 win and getting everything done...looks amazing..keep this posted..ive seen a shaved 03 bumper in person on a mach..Sickest bumper lol..great!

ShakeNBake

Established Member
By Far one of the most sexiest bullets I've ever seen the hood is absolutely nuts! Quick Question what happens if it rains?

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Hell ya man! The car has come a LONG way for sure. I know I'm excited to see this thing tear up the streets, I can't imagine how you must feel lol

And yes, those valve covers were a bitch. I can't believe they went back on so easily lol But they do look killer.

Dibs on first highway pull!:rockon:

With all your help, you've had dibs from the get-go! :rockon:

Wow, that is a hell of a Life Story there. At the start I was like "WTF?" but it got way better. Looks pretty sick, what did it put down on the Dyno and 1320'?

It put down roughly 460/500 on a canned tune, and ran a best 12.1@106 missing 4th gear :bash:, car usually trapped around 114-116

<--- I drive a camaro and im jealous if that means anything to you...

This car is going to be my nemesis around here for a long time lol but i think that both cars will see the down time they deserve and i love the attention to detail!

Keep it up Dakota! And you got my number if you need any help :D

Thanks man! Can't wait for this summer, there will be some good runs coming out of T-town! :pop:

Sick work Dakota...my favorite Bullitt ever...love the car and everything you did to it...congrats on the $500 win and getting everything done...looks amazing..keep this posted..ive seen a shaved 03 bumper in person on a mach..Sickest bumper lol..great!

Thanks man, it's awesome seeing your Cobra become a beast as my Bullitt is, it's great to have others around who actually understand half the stuff you post on FB!

That sir is a killer car it looks bada$$.

Much appreciated!

That's badass man, nice job! Definitely has come a long way for sure :rockon:

Tell me about it! I didn't even realize it until I started compiling this thread tonight :eek:

By Far one of the most sexiest bullets I've ever seen the hood is absolutely nuts! Quick Question what happens if it rains?

Thanks! I love that hood so when I saw it I had to have it! If it rains, a minor amount of rain gets through the shaker, but not enough to matter at all, and I've got a drain lead going from the shaker tray to the ground, so the tray around the shaker doesn't fill up by any means. Soon enough i'll have to fab a new bracket for the shaker to make it fit around the KB the way it did the Eaton, it's a great Sleeper mod with heat-extraction benefits also! :D

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Car looks damn good, that front bumped made your car look mean as shit! I love it, sucks I never got to see it at the 2 dyno days I went to with the Oklahoma boys, I've been following your Bullitt for a bit, gonna be a hell of a car when you done! Congrats man!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
great thread Dakota!
your Bullsnake has seriously undergone one hell of a transformation that makes it extremely unique and exactly how YOU want it. I am sure that you'll enjoy thousands of miles behind the wheel of that monster you've built!
really looking forward to it making an appearance in Houston at TX2K12.....

Ls1Powerz

Noob
Established Member
Now we just need Wes to start actually doing something with his car instead of worrying about his tiny boost leak :)

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Grill Emblem

Minor Update: Got the pony painted DHG, LOVE how it came out, looks amazing in person, only thing that's killing me is the damn rusted screws sitting behind the emblem, but I've got some OEM grill delete screws that i'll put in tomorrow to fix that. Starting the fuel system install next week or so, and hope to have it tuned before the end of the month. I also picked up some MAC longtubes, so i'm going to do a before/after comparison with a dyno run on each to see what long tubes actually do for a Twin Screw car.

photo-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread