The stiegemeier snake bite

dynobobstieg

The SNAKE BITE - Is the LOUDEST most powerful ported Eaton supercharger mod to date on the Planet.
Stiegemeier has been a leader in Engine Air Flow development since 1979, forward to 2003, Stiegemeier focuses on improvements in Eaton Superchargers and related components.
2007 work begins our new testing equipment
2008 SNAKE BITE Testing begins.
2009 Patent Pending and ready to go.

The Future of Supercharger Porting begins today:

30- Shelby GT 500 units to be built in 2009 (must qualify)
20- Various Eaton Superchargers in 2009 (must qualify)
Stiegemeier takes un-matched porting HP gains to the power of 2.

The Independent test (first ever):
Saturday 4/25/09 Shelbyfest in Hermann was a successful gathering of the most extreme models of Ford Performance vehicles that I personally have ever seen in one place. From Sunbeam tigers to Ford GTs and many signature type GT500's.
Stiegemeier Porting Service was honored to be invited, not only display our Supercharger type services and stages of upgrades, but to have the much anticipated Stage 6 Supercharger upgrade independently test by Dyno Jim Voyles at EARTH Motors.
I want to personally thank Greg Howe aka VaporDude for allowing us to use his 2008 GT500 for a before and after test of our new Stage 6.

This is not called Stage 6 it is now officially SNAKE BITE
The Stiegemeier crew arrived in Hermann at 7:00 am to set up our display and get ready for the base line run on Greg's GT 500, this was the first time we saw his car. The mods on this Vapor Silver 500 consisted of a CAI upgrade, Muffler swap and a SCT tuner set up by VMP Tuning. At 8:00 am we made the base run and Data Logged timing through the owners X Cal 3, RWHP 508 RWTQ 479 A/F was 11.8 timing 23 degrees.
At 10:00 am Kurt (Stiegemeier technician) began the R&R for the Stiegemeier Stage 6 Supercharger, there were quite a few on lookers interested in the removal and install and surprised on how easy the procedure was.
I would also like to state along with the Stiegemeier Stage 6 Supercharger we installed a 2.6 upper pulley. (Base line run with stock blower and stock pulley.) We installed a new set of NGK TR6 Spark Plugs gapped at .038. NO other changes were made.
Back on the Dyno Jet or this much anticipated test, the car ran decent, but not correct. After the Data log record was viewed we were surprised to see load in such a high range, the ecm reduced timing to 17 degree's along with Air Fuel going 10% lean, Performance was up.

At this time I am feeling positive about the Stiegemeier Stage 6, and it is only a Tune away. We ran a back up run timing and fuel fell to15 degrees.

Needing an apples to apples test our Tuner Jim Stiegemeier adjusted the SCT Tuner, there was a +3 degrees timing option which was plugged in along with a 10% Fuel upload.
At this point we realize at best we are going to see 20 degrees timing opposed to 23 degree's base line run.

When you expose yourself to a test of this magnitude, along with the many possible complications with no life lines or fixes you can control, Anxiety is High!

After adjusting the X Cal 3 hand held device, the 4th and final run was made in front of a crowd of spectators. (Run 3 was not recorder due to a Dyno error), they were plagued by a sample pendant that was hit and miss, the control of this was made by key pad instead , A/F was not working at this time due to the damage by a Drive Shaft failure, what else is going to happen?

The risk of Zero to Hero is High, many doubters and fans alike look on.

Final Run completed:
Timing hit 20 degree's as expected A/F not know because of the Air Fuel meter being killed by Drive Shaft, printer issues were also a problem for the Dyno Shop on this day, I felt their pain- there are some days that just kick your butt and these guys hung in there and more or less won the battle.
Final result being 584 RWHP 610 RWTQ that is a positive result of 76 RWHP131 RWTQ. At 5000 RPM's 100 RWHP was recorded, On a side note outside temps went up 20 degrees from our 1st to last run.

There were no smoke and mirrors here, this test was 100% independently done on terms that were totally out of my control.

stage%206%20gt500%20shelbyfest%20test%20.jpg.jpg

The Stiegemeier Stage 6 is a major break threw in the Eaton Supercharger upgrades. Availablility expected late fall 2009.

The Stage 6 for the GT500's should not be confused with our Multi boost Front Drive Kits. This is a separate mod which is available for your OEM Eaton or TVS GT 500.

Pricing on Stiegemeier Stage 6 and associated kits to be announced on a later date as always we will offer Extreme Performance at a Fair Price.

We will offer kits in HP ranges from 500 to 650 RWHP utilizing your factory 122 Eaton.
TVS upgrades also will be available.
Stay tuned for more Exciting news in 2009.
Stiegemeier Supercharger Porting Often Imitated Never Duplicated.
Robert Stiegemeier
aka Dyno Bob

Thank you.
StiegeSplash
and 636-949-2275
Before:
80 degree Air temp
23 degree's timing
11.8 A/F
508 RWHP
479 RWTQ
6200 RPM

After:
97 Air temp
20 degree's timing
A/F Unknown
584 RWHP
610 RWTQ
5800 RPM

snake_bite_logo-2_med.jpg

I will be posting our graphs from stock pulley with the SNAKE BITE next.

Last edited by a moderator:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
So what the hell is the snake bite? Another port job?

Can you read? :read:

Congrats on the test results but I just wish you guys would do the port and then dyno and then add the pulley and dyno again. How are you ever gonna know what the port actually gives you?

Carl

Established Member
Can you read? :read:

Congrats on the test results but I just wish you guys would do the port and then dyno and then add the pulley and dyno again. How are you ever gonna know what the port actually gives you?

That would be nice along with before and after IAT's but it's not going to happen..:??:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Nice gains, but I'm sure potential customers would like to see the AFR after the new mods along with what the gains were from your port alone.

dynobobstieg

Nice gains, but I'm sure potential customers would like to see the AFR after the new mods along with what the gains were from your port alone.

We got it. We will post it tomorrow, we have the test results with STOCK PULLEY'S. Only other mods:

Steigemeier Snake Bite , KR mufflers, PHRP H pipe, FRPP CAI, MRT hood struts, tinted windows, shorty antenna, mirror covers and clear bra.

573 RWHP and 574 RWTQ with SAE smoothing.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
We got it. We will post it tomorrow, we have the test results with STOCK PULLEY'S. Only other mods:

Steigemeier Snake Bite , KR mufflers, PHRP H pipe, FRPP CAI, MRT hood struts, tinted windows, shorty antenna, mirror covers and clear bra.

573 RWHP and 574 RWTQ with SAE smoothing.

:beer:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member

MRT hood struts, tinted windows, shorty antenna, mirror covers and clear bra.

Holy crap!!! How much HP is this worth? How bout some Steggy Stickers for another 40 hp!!!

lol, J/K, I am really interested in the results.!

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
What does it take to qualify? Can earlier ported versions be used?

ls1eater

Established Member
Wow...imagine a Hellion TT car whoopin that ***!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
haha...thats a different kind of story and a LOT more money put in to it then a stock supercharger......if there making almost 600 with the mods claimed its gotta be close to 650 with full bolt ons which is nuts....I wonder what the tvs ported this way will be seeing 750 maybe???

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Patiently waiting for numbers and pricing.......

Personally, when talking about uppers/lowers/porting it's almost easier to spend the extra $$ and get a whipple/KB. A grand for 40 HP and downtime on the ride doesn't excite me to much...

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Personally, when talking about uppers/lowers/porting it's almost easier to spend the extra $$ and get a whipple/KB. A grand for 40 HP and downtime on the ride doesn't excite me to much...

Easier yes, but a new blower is going to set you back at least 5K. Hoping for more than 40HP.:read:

Users who are viewing this thread