The stiegemeier snake bite

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
If I could get around 600rwhp for more than 1/2 the cost of a tvs I would be all over this. Right now there is no way in hell my wife is gonna let me spend 5k for a blower, especially after getting ccw wheels. As for warranty, don't care about that part, I am a tech at ford dealership so no worries there.

I got over 600 rwhp for way less than the tvs. MY combo is 2.6 upper, steggy port, and 10% lower.

frydguy79

Established Member
i suppose that your current mods, and your needs will make a difference in what the snake byte will end costing you:shrug: to get max performance

VaporDude

Established Member
I am just gonna add my .02, I have seen vapor dudes car up close at the Tulsa meet, from the outside the blower looks stock besides the stiegmeier tag on the blower. I am also curious to see what has been done, it has to be more than a port, like some have said my different rotors or something. Either way, it made 570 range with stock pulley, thats pretty damn impressive.

It was great talking with you in Tulsa Leonard.

If I could get around 600rwhp for more than 1/2 the cost of a tvs I would be all over this. Right now there is no way in hell my wife is gonna let me spend 5k for a blower, especially after getting ccw wheels. As for warranty, don't care about that part, I am a tech at ford dealership so no worries there.

Since it still appears to be stock on the outside, are they going to pull the SC and take it apart?

I have a stage 5 and I wanna know what the difference is....???

I mean come on...Im thinking he hasent even started working on the Terminators yet...

I think most of his ports that he has done are Terminator owners so he better not leave them out in the cold with this new upgrade or there are going to be alot of people really mad...

I seen Bob had a folder full of Cobra papers just like the Lightning folder. I am sure he is not leaving anyone out.

I got over 600 rwhp for way less than the tvs. MY combo is 2.6 upper, steggy port, and 10% lower.

Great numbers....

i suppose that your current mods, and your needs will make a difference in what the snake byte will end costing you:shrug: to get max performance

Yes it would in my opinion. Exhaust setup, different CAI and whatever other power mods were made will affect how much performance your car will make just like any other mod.

breoland

Established Member
Q: how much more power is this going to make???
A: Maybe this is not for you
Q: How much does it cost
A: maybe this is not for you
Q: what is the difference
A: maybe this is not for you
Q: If I have stripes on my gt500 can I...
Q: BUT, But,,,

Gojira

Established Member
I just dont get it, 5 pages of threads of guys asking a price and how much HP this will produce and all we get in return is someone that has one saying its great and the wording is wrong.

Its already been clearly stated in this thread what the power gain is. So I dont understand why people keep asking this question.

Secondly, it has also been clearly stated that they are waiting to get the patent stuff finalized. So again why do people keep asking "What is it that is being done?" Obviously its something he wants to protect from potential copycats. If I was getting a patent I would not release details either.

I mean.. are any of you actually reading this thread or are you just bitching to bitch.

Read the freakin thread for gods sake.

1. The power numbers have been given.
2. He's waiting for the patent so he's not releasing details of the work.
3. Use some common sense... its obviously cant be just some port work. As I stated earlier he is probably stuffing some bigger or redesigned rotors into the stock case.

Zeke0123

Established Member
Price point will be key...The target consumers for this are guys that don't want to spend or can't spend 5k to upgrade superchargers..performance bargain hunters if you will..600 is around my target and there are a few ways to get there Sans KB\Whipple but the price has to be right or a lot of owners in this particular nich will look elswhere.

Obviously rep and reliability have value but just how much that is I guess we will see.

Last edited:

breoland

Established Member
Its already been clearly stated in this thread what the power gain is. So I dont understand why people keep asking this question.

Secondly, it has also been clearly stated that they are waiting to get the patent stuff finalized. So again why do people keep asking "What is it that is being done?" Obviously its something he wants to protect from potential copycats. If I was getting a patent I would not release details either.

I mean.. are any of you actually reading this thread or are you just bitching to bitch.

3. Use some common sense... its obviously cant be just some port work. As I stated earlier he is probably stuffing some bigger or redesigned rotors into the stock case.

No power numbers were given, its just from what people were saying, we never got an answer with a stock blower with 2.6 pulley, to a SNAKEBITE with a 2.6 pulley. all we herd was close to 600, but was there any truth???

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
i dont remember who had it but i do remember seeing the eaton case/tvs rotors as the top stage. i want to say it was either on steggys website or my dealer mentioned it to me. this was a year ago and i remember thinking this is a no brainer.

Gojira

Established Member
No power numbers were given, its just from what people were saying, we never got an answer with a stock blower with 2.6 pulley, to a SNAKEBITE with a 2.6 pulley. all we herd was close to 600, but was there any truth???

I have gained 64 RWHP and 95 RWTQ with the Snake Bite kit and stock pulley. I think I got a good deal on this. I haven't had any problems with the car in over 1,000 with this setup.

This is a quote from the guinea pig car. Not just some numbers someone is throwing out there. Vapor is limited as to some things he can talk about but the power numbers he is not. He is kinda the "spokes model" :lol1: for the kit. If would think that if Bob didnt want the power numbers posted or Vapor was posting something wrong he would have been corrected.

If you do some math... He's making 574 with a stock pulley and picked up 60hp. Take into account the mods he has (from his other posts) and you can figure out through deductive reasoning that the car probably made around 510-515hp before the snake bite...which is right on target for the mods he has.

Next from the countless posts and signatures many people with a 2.6 and other similiar mods that Vapor has (less the snake bite) the power numbers come in anywhere from 560 - 575 hp. Now and the 50 - 60 that you will get from the Snake Bite and you around the 625-635 hp range with a 2.6.

Yeah, this is a rough estimate through deductive reasoning but you can get some idea of what it going to do. I like to stay on the conservative side so I'd say with a 2.6 its going to some in around 625hp. Add some long tubes, bigger TB and 3" exhaust and you could be looking at 660-670hp. These are the things I think about when I'm bored.

Hope this helps. :beer: Or I coulda made things worse... who knows.

VaporDude

Established Member

You are correct, this is not just a port and polish job. That would only gain you about 25HP at the most.

Price point will be key...The target consumers for this are guys that don't want to spend or can't spend 5k to upgrade superchargers..performance bargain hunters if you will..600 is around my target and there are a few ways to get there Sans KB\Whipple but the price has to be right or a lot of owners in this particular nich will look elswhere.

Obviously rep and reliability have value but just how much that is I guess we will see.

The pricing on this kit will be reasonable. When I mentioned to Bob that people are going to want to know the price of this kit, he said it would be less than 1/2 the price of a TVS.

Research and development is still being conducted on smaller pulley sizes.

This is a quote from the guinea pig car. Not just some numbers someone is throwing out there. Vapor is limited as to some things he can talk about but the power numbers he is not. He is kinda the "spokes model" :lol1: for the kit. If would think that if Bob didnt want the power numbers posted or Vapor was posting something wrong he would have been corrected.

If you do some math... He's making 574 with a stock pulley and picked up 60hp. Take into account the mods he has (from his other posts) and you can figure out through deductive reasoning that the car probably made around 510-515hp before the snake bite...which is right on target for the mods he has.

Next from the countless posts and signatures many people with a 2.6 and other similiar mods that Vapor has (less the snake bite) the power numbers come in anywhere from 560 - 575 hp. Now and the 50 - 60 that you will get from the Snake Bite and you around the 625-635 hp range with a 2.6.

Yeah, this is a rough estimate through deductive reasoning but you can get some idea of what it going to do. I like to stay on the conservative side so I'd say with a 2.6 its going to some in around 625hp. Add some long tubes, bigger TB and 3" exhaust and you could be looking at 660-670hp. These are the things I think about when I'm bored.

Hope this helps. :beer: Or I coulda made things worse... who knows.

Here is how the numbers are being established:

During Shelbyfest, my car was baselined at 508 RWHP and 479 RWTQ SAE numbers. When Bob was ready for me to be the guinnea pig and installed the Snake Bite kit, the car dyno'ed at 573 RWHP and 574 RWTQ SAE with the stock pulley.

Here are my mods during Shelbyfest and at the time of the install of the Snake Bite kit:

FRPP CAI
VMP SCT tune
PHRP H-Pipe
FRPP KR mufflers

I hope this clears up some mud. Even if the price of the Snake Bite kit was at $2K (which I don't know what Bob is going to price it at yet), I would have to say with the HP and TQ gains that are seen, it is definately up with or past the TVS at less than 1/2 the price and you get to keep the stock appearance of your engine bay.

dynobobstieg

scan0005-1.gif

scan0004.gif

scan0003-1.gif

[ame=http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/Stiegemeier/?action=view&current=Snakebitevideoandpics023.flv]
th_Snakebitevideoandpics023.gif
[/ame]

dynobobstieg

Ok so why the deposits and the pre approval and limited quantities? Why not just build what the market demands? Also you skipped over my question. Are you doing anything to the internals of the blower aside from just the port?

Its limited because to produce 50 extra blowers on top of another 100 standard blowers along with rebuilds,heads and tuning cars,welding and other odd jobs, this is a big work load for 2 full time machinists and 2 officer workers in a 16 week period. The forms you fill out,I am looking at your current set ups so I don't send out a product that upsets the balance of your airflow. If I send you a SNAKE BITE blower and you have a 4# lower with a stock exhaust system you will have 18# boost that's a lot of boost in 95 degree in august weather-But in 65 degree weather that's not so bad-I realize its hard to believe someone takes there job seriously and cares about customers-There are still a few of us out there.

dynobobstieg

Dude, this sounds too much like you're "marketing" to us. ;-)

People have asked some simple questions. It is really that hard?

Hasn't Paul's High Performance been porting the stock blowers and throttle bodies for a couple years now? What's the big secret here?

Stiegemeier was the first to produce hi HP ported blower on a 1-3 day turnaround.2900 blowers done to date. Often imitated but never duplicated. No body has taken up our challenge and probably never will. i have great respect for Paul's Hi performance and their accomplishments .However we did the porting for Paul's Ho performance. The SNAKE BITE is the beginning of a signature GT 500 referred to as the Street King.

Users who are viewing this thread