The stiegemeier snake bite

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
Well I just had a Nitrous set up installed on my ported Heaton set up. I would like to keep the Heaton for now and any upgrades that I can do to it while keeping the stock look would be awesome. Besides if I wanna go KB or Whipple I could throw the Eaton on the Mystic. Decisions....decisions..........

VaporDude

Established Member
I talked to Bob today and the "Pre-Qualification form" is miss worded. It should read "Vehicle Analysis Form". They will be getting with the person who takes care of their web site to get the wording straight. The reason he is taking 30 until the end of the year is because he is a two man shop and that is about all they handle right now with all the other work they have lined up. I know these are two major sticking points people here have. I can not answer the technical questions because I don't know them. This is my first car with a super charger so my knowledge is very limited. Bob has been very busy with all the work he has lined up plus doing the daily management of the business.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

ZXMustang

Banned
I talked to Bob today and the "Pre-Qualification form" is miss worded. It should read "Vehicle Analysis Form". They will be getting with the person who takes care of their web site to get the wording straight. The reason he is taking 30 until the end of the year is because he is a two man shop and that is about all they handle right now with all the other work they have lined up. I know these are two major sticking points people here have. I can not answer the technical questions because I don't know them. This is my first car with a super charger so my knowledge is very limited. Bob has been very busy with all the work he has lined up plus doing the daily management of the business.

It doesnt. Please tell me how much it costs.

VaporDude

Established Member
It doesnt. Please tell me how much it costs.

I made a promise to Bob not to reveal any pricing information plus I do not have a price sheet. That is a job for Bob and not me. All I can say is it is very affordable considering other options out there.

Grunnsetning

Established Member
I am not dodging any questions. I am telling you what I know.

What was done? Here it is in my eyes as I know it. I dropped off the car, he worked his majic on it, I picked up the car. When I looked under the hood, it still looked stock. Took it for a ride and it felt a hell of a lot stronger than when I dropped it off. The only thing that I can see that has changed is a gasket on the snout of the SC.

As far as pricing goes, I don't think it would be fair to Bob for me to post the price that I recieved since it wasn't even marketed yet at that time. I don't want anyone going back to him and say that I got a break why can't I. All I know is that Bob is going to try to make it as affordable as possible for everyone.
I don't see him dodging questions. He payed a , as far as I know reputable, car man to increase his stock setup horsepower by porting/polishing. I personally wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to asking specifics about that.
He was told a HP number and received it, sounds like a good transaction to me.
I also wouldn't say what I paid. He obviously knows this guy more than any of us and got a good deal.

Grunnsetning

Established Member

This is one thing I don't fully understand.
If i'm not mistaken he did say 2-3 day turnaround time. I understand he will not be doing solely this at his shop but thats only one month for 30.
If he makes/performs a quality product he should be willing to sell as many that is desired. I don;t think he should automatically set a determined number of ones done.
If everything is true, it's priced fair etc.. he would be doing the gt500 community a huge favor IMO.

ZXMustang

Banned
If i'm not mistaken he did say 2-3 day turnaround time. I understand he will not be doing solely this at his shop but thats only one month for 30.
If he makes/performs a quality product he should be willing to sell as many that is desired. I don;t think he should automatically set a determined number of ones done.
If everything is true, it's priced fair etc.. he would be doing the gt500 community a huge favor IMO.

I agree. If this is gods gift to the GT500 community, then why not let everyone have it and make it affordable like $895. I would do it in a second and so would most of the poeple I know with GT500s.

breoland

Established Member
I just dont get it, 5 pages of threads of guys asking a price and how much HP this will produce and all we get in return is someone that has one saying its great and the wording is wrong. I would say F yes the wording is wrong after reading 5 pages of this thread!
Im sure once everything is all sorted out, the H-eaton is going to have its limitations as it did for the 03/04 cobra...to really get its power out of it you needed to put a 2.75 pulley ontop and another on the crank spinning everything to the moon

GO WHIPPLE, the sky is the limit. the ported eaton is a band-aid till you get money for a whipple, you cant get a whipple, then get a tvs Blower from ford and have them do it, atleast it would still be under warrenty.

One last question I have, what is the price of the port work, the price of everything re-gasket and re bearing, the plenum ported and what throttle body you use with it then add everything up and let us know the total hp and the longevity of the blower

VaporDude

Established Member

The thing is, he not only does GT500's, he also does Lightnings and Cobras. There are alot of Lightning and Cobra request that came in also. So if he does 30 of each, that is 90 total. For a 2 man shop, that is alot of work that has to be done. Maybe once this thing takes off, he might consider another employee but that is only my guess. If he does, it will take that person time to get up to speed on what has to be done.

I don't see him dodging questions. He payed a , as far as I know reputable, car man to increase his stock setup horsepower by porting/polishing. I personally wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to asking specifics about that.
He was told a HP number and received it, sounds like a good transaction to me.
I also wouldn't say what I paid. He obviously knows this guy more than any of us and got a good deal.

Thank you for you comment.....

Right now I have the stock throttle body on my car and stock plenum. I don't know if he ported the plenum or not.

ZXMustang

Banned
Something is real fishy about this whole thing. Making that much hp with just the port, cai and tune with the stock pulley is insane. He has to be changing out the rotors or putting in the TVS guts. This just dont add up. Why would he be doing this for so many years and just now come up with the port of the century. As supposedly its available for the terminators too!?! You'd think he would have figured this out years ago? Vapordude, you may just have a TVS blower in an eaton case and have no idea about it...

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Can you read? :read:

Congrats on the test results but I just wish you guys would do the port and then dyno and then add the pulley and dyno again. How are you ever gonna know what the port actually gives you?

x100000000/ Everytime I see Stieg post a thread like this it is with a port + pulley!! Why on EARTH would they not just give a apples to apples comparison???

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
this thread doesn't make a lot of sense, there are more questions than answers.

Leonard 95

Established Member
I am just gonna add my .02, I have seen vapor dudes car up close at the Tulsa meet, from the outside the blower looks stock besides the stiegmeier tag on the blower. I am also curious to see what has been done, it has to be more than a port, like some have said my different rotors or something. Either way, it made 570 range with stock pulley, thats pretty damn impressive.

breoland

Established Member
I am just gonna add my .02, I have seen vapor dudes car up close at the Tulsa meet, from the outside the blower looks stock besides the stiegmeier tag on the blower. I am also curious to see what has been done, it has to be more than a port, like some have said my different rotors or something. Either way, it made 570 range with stock pulley, thats pretty damn impressive.

why would you even bother going with it, even if you wanted the stock look... the noise from the blower gives it away. PLus wouldnt you rather spend a little more extra cash and get the tvs and keep your ford warrenty?

Leonard 95

Established Member
why would you even bother going with it, even if you wanted the stock look... the noise from the blower gives it away. PLus wouldnt you rather spend a little more extra cash and get the tvs and keep your ford warrenty?

If I could get around 600rwhp for more than 1/2 the cost of a tvs I would be all over this. Right now there is no way in hell my wife is gonna let me spend 5k for a blower, especially after getting ccw wheels. As for warranty, don't care about that part, I am a tech at ford dealership so no worries there.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I have a stage 5 and I wanna know what the difference is....???

I mean come on...Im thinking he hasent even started working on the Terminators yet...

I think most of his ports that he has done are Terminator owners so he better not leave them out in the cold with this new upgrade or there are going to be alot of people really mad...

Users who are viewing this thread