The stiegemeier snake bite

VaporDude

Established Member
You haven't given any info aside from the fact that you're porting the blower. I ask about the process and you said you can't discuss that. This worries me when I've had other porting companies say that you just get in there and do whatever you feel like doing. That there really isn't any method to your madness. I've heard really good things about your company too, but everything that you're doing in this thread is kinda beating yourself down. I've been following others who have used you for awhile now and even tried to meet up with the guy that you did the testing on at Shelbyfest, while we were in Tulsa to check out your work, but honestly what you're doing here is making me think that maybe I should go another route since you the owner is telling me to do so.

This is my first post and I will go to the newbee section to introduce myself in a bit.

Sorry that we didn't meet up with each other in Tulsa. It is hard to try and meet with someone that you don't know what they look like. Maybe we can meet up sometime later at another venue. Bob had my car ready to go for Tulsa and I didn't have any problems going there and back. The car got almost 22 MPG there and back. It has been alot of fun with the car since Bob worked on it. Even with the stock pulley, the car pulls pretty hard when needed. My next step is putting on a Cobra Jet throttle body to see how it performs. Ford says that the car does not need to be tuned and it is a plug and play scenario. I will see tomorrow when I put it on and take it on a few mile trip. Since Bob worked on the SC, it does have a little bit more hiss at idle than before but it is nothing bad or overbearing. I think Bob want to try and see what a 2.8 pulley will do. That way we don't have to add an idler but we will see about that. To me, the car is beast and has woke up a lot since Bob worked on it. Don't worry, these are my true opinions and Bob has not paid me to say any of this.

For those asking what mods were on the car at Shelbyfest and when Bob worked on the car:

FRPP CAI with VMP 93 octane tune
PHRP H-pipe
KR mufflers

That is it until the CJ TB is put on.

jcobra

Established Member
You haven't given any info aside from the fact that you're porting the blower. I ask about the process and you said you can't discuss that. This worries me when I've had other porting companies say that you just get in there and do whatever you feel like doing. That there really isn't any method to your madness. I've heard really good things about your company too, but everything that you're doing in this thread is kinda beating yourself down. I've been following others who have used you for awhile now and even tried to meet up with the guy that you did the testing on at Shelbyfest, while we were in Tulsa to check out your work, but honestly what you're doing here is making me think that maybe I should go another route since you the owner is telling me to do so.

It is quite possible that, this may not be for you either! ;-)

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
For those asking what mods were on the car at Shelbyfest and when Bob worked on the car:

FRPP CAI with VMP 93 octane tune
PHRP H-pipe
KR mufflers

That is it until the CJ TB is put on.

Vapor,

What boost are you seeing with the stock pulley?

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I am wanting to say around pounds but I have not really looked at the boost guage when in WOT as I am keeping my eyes on the road and never really thought of looking.

I didn't quite catch that, how many?

SpdPilot

Established Member
Looks like there will only be 30 of these made in 2009 anyways. So it will be a whipple for me.

So.....This is not for me!

BUT, I also own a Eaton supercharged Roush that I was considering have ported. So I guess they lost that sale also.

SpdPilot

Established Member
Did you not qualify for this sale?

I don't qualify because I don't like having my chain yanked and won't play the prequalification game. Let some one else play with the big "snake bite" kit. If I see them at the track, I will show them what investing another $2800 buys you. I will just give my business to Whipple.

Guessing at the price.... of course.

And after thinking about it some....it's not that I don't want to save some money, but doing it right will be worth the wait. After all, I haven't made the big plunge to install a "Tornado" in my intake track or used "Restore" engine treatment to seal up my leaking cylinders and make more power! ;-)

Gojira

Established Member
I dont think you can patent a port design. If he is having to get a patent then obviously he has designed/redesigned something or some part on the blower. Everybody keeps asking what more could you be porting. I doubt he is porting anything more. Besides if its something that needs to a patent then I would be secretive about it too until the patent stuff got squared away.

I posted two theories of what I think it is on another board. Here is what i wrote: (I am leaning towards theory 2)

I have two theories on what this Snake Bite entails. I already had my blower ported by Bob back in October. So I was thinking:

1. What more could possibly be done?
2. There's not much left to port
3. What could be done to net 5 more psi without a pully change
4. Porting lowers boost not raises it.
5. It must be something serious for Bob to go to the extent of applying for a patent.
6. Bob has a good relationship with Eaton

Theory I:

Could he possibly be stuffing the TVS 4 vane rotors in the factory case? Or he is having some rotors made that improve on Eaton's 3 vane rotor design?

So either he's getting TVS rotors from Eaton... But... would Eaton actually do this? Would this hurt TVS sales? Or would it have no impact on TVS sales but create new revenue from the sales of rotors.

or

he's having new rotors manufactured and stuffing those in the case.

Theory II:

He's taking the back plenum area of the case, cutting it off and has manufactured a bigger, larger volume plenum and is bolting it to the back of the blower by means of a flange that he has welded to the back of the blower case. The throttle body will then either bolt to this new plenum and still retain its stock location. Or the factory intermediate plenum will be retained, bolt to the new larger "rear" plenum and the the TB will bolt on the same is from the factory.

Whatever it is I'm sure its gonna be good. Time will tell. Just my $.02

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
Guys don't blame him for trying to "Hype" his product, I'm sure this is because of the economy and he's just trying to make a living.

At the same time though he needs to understand that his **** does stink and if he wants to sell something he needs to treat people with the same respect he would like.

EX1

Established Member
I was VERY interested in this snake bite package as i have already had my blower ported and i runa 2.6/4lb combo. This "qualify" bull**** is just rediculous. Why do you have to have permission to spend money with them?

Steggy is a good company but they just messed up their reputation with the gt500 community with this "elite-ist" marketing. This isnt just my opinion it seems, there are obviously A LOT of pissed people in this thread.

harmon rabb

Established Member
I was VERY interested in this snake bite package as i have already had my blower ported and i runa 2.6/4lb combo. This "qualify" bull**** is just rediculous. Why do you have to have permission to spend money with them?

Steggy is a good company but they just messed up their reputation with the gt500 community with this "elite-ist" marketing. This isnt just my opinion it seems, there are obviously A LOT of pissed people in this thread.

I'm with you, broski. I'd never do business with them after this thread.

breoland

Established Member
why even bother? if carroll shelby is cool putting a whipple on the super snake, im cool with whipple as well. you dont see him using a ported eaton

Users who are viewing this thread