The stiegemeier snake bite

EX1

Established Member
mainly because not everyone has the money to spend on a $3500 dollar blower so you work with what the car came with.

breoland

Established Member
mainly because not everyone has the money to spend on a $3500 dollar blower so you work with what the car came with.

I dont have the money for a whipple either, but for me to go ahead and find another blower to send out and get ported, so I can keep the original. how much power is that lil eaton going to last you untill you want to go whipple.

que4dog

Established Member
I dont have the money for a whipple either, but for me to go ahead and find another blower to send out and get ported, so I can keep the original. how much power is that lil eaton going to...

That's the whole point. Every time someone ask for specifics, nothing is answered. Not everyone has the money for another blower, but how much power are you ACTUALLY getting and for HOW MUCH? Let's stay you gain 18hp for the port but ended up paying $2500 for the work is it worth it? I think NOT! NOTE: These are not actual figures because no real numbers were actually given.

Last edited:

VaporDude

Established Member
I have gained 64 RWHP and 95 RWTQ with the Snake Bite kit and stock pulley. I think I got a good deal on this. I haven't had any problems with the car in over 1,000 with this setup.

breoland

Established Member
We are running more tests (different pulley sizes, ect..) and will try and post a video so you can hear how LOUD it is.
Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

I dont think anyone really cares about how loud it is, we all want to know how much POWER its going to make and much its going to be PRICED at

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I have gained 64 RWHP and 95 RWTQ with the Snake Bite kit and stock pulley. I think I got a good deal on this. I haven't had any problems with the car in over 1,000 with this setup.

Well, WTF is it and how much did it cost you??

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I got the special pricing because of me being the guinee pig and the test mule. I wasn't there when he did all the work and it looks completely stock on the outside. All i know is it is a beast now.

You're almost as good at dodging a question as Bob. Even with your special pricing what did it cost, and what was done?

VaporDude

Established Member
You're almost as good at dodging a question as Bob. Even with your special pricing what did it cost, and what was done?

I am not dodging any questions. I am telling you what I know.

What was done? Here it is in my eyes as I know it. I dropped off the car, he worked his majic on it, I picked up the car. When I looked under the hood, it still looked stock. Took it for a ride and it felt a hell of a lot stronger than when I dropped it off. The only thing that I can see that has changed is a gasket on the snout of the SC.

As far as pricing goes, I don't think it would be fair to Bob for me to post the price that I recieved since it wasn't even marketed yet at that time. I don't want anyone going back to him and say that I got a break why can't I. All I know is that Bob is going to try to make it as affordable as possible for everyone.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I am not dodging any questions. I am telling you what I know.

What was done? Here it is in my eyes as I know it. I dropped off the car, he worked his majic on it, I picked up the car. When I looked under the hood, it still looked stock. Took it for a ride and it felt a hell of a lot stronger than when I dropped it off. The only thing that I can see that has changed is a gasket on the snout of the SC.

As far as pricing goes, I don't think it would be fair to Bob for me to post the price that I recieved since it wasn't even marketed yet at that time. I don't want anyone going back to him and say that I got a break why can't I. All I know is that Bob is going to try to make it as affordable as possible for everyone.

Fair enough on the pricing, can't argue with you there. But you're telling me you dropped a car off and allowed somebody to tear into while while you had ZERO idea what was being performed. Then you picked it up and were happy with the results and never asked what was done????

yellowgt02

Established Member
Quoted from Shelby Forum:

"i just talked to bob steigemeier on the phone. he sounds really stoked about the snake bit package. the gains he was talking about sounded amazing. he said i would would be making tvs blower numbers. said i would easily make 625rwhp...i currently make 555rwhp. wow! says should be available first week of august. approximately $1500"

Here.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Id prob pay $1500 if I could get 625whp and not warp my hood from the heat. I agree this thread started a bit too early but let them post some numbers and lets see what happens.
And please remember OP the market for the porting is from brokedicks like me who cant afford a twin screw. The people with cash will by pass this and just swap blowers.

breoland

Established Member
Id prob pay $1500 if I could get 625whp and not warp my hood from the heat. I agree this thread started a bit too early but let them post some numbers and lets see what happens.
And please remember OP the market for the porting is from brokedicks like me who cant afford a twin screw. The people with cash will by pass this and just swap blowers.

Im as broke as they come, no matter what the numbers are, Im going whipple all the way. the way i see it, I go ported all i am going to do is end up with a whipple. so instead of 2 or 3 tunes later...1 whipple, 1 tune, money saved!

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Im as broke as they come, no matter what the numbers are, Im going whipple all the way. the way i see it, I go ported all i am going to do is end up with a whipple. so instead of 2 or 3 tunes later...1 whipple, 1 tune, money saved!

Agreed, Thats the way I did it on my Lightning and never looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread