The wrench light on the dash !!!!!!!

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Ok how do I find out why the wrench light is on and how do I get it off ????? Did 87 KAM relearns and changed my tunes back and forth !!!! I had a speaker installed and had a minor wiring issue but was resolved and car runs great and idles perfect , feels great under wot .....but the stupid wrench light won't go off !!!!???!? I don't care to fix what's wrong or whatever but the handheld only erases DTC codes and I've done that even though it said there was none and the stupid light still comes on ....I'm stumped any help would be great

Entrenched

Established Member
Does your car go into limp mode when the double wrench comes on? If so it's related to a TB issue. At least it was on mine.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Disconnect the battery for 30 min. and see if the code is still there.
Is it under warranty? if so take it into Ford for a scan.

mcduffer7

Established Member
i love this....wrench light is on but i dont care whats causing it

He should take it to track and run redline all day...only after doing burnouts and doughnuts for 3 hours straight.....SERIOUSLY OP, the wrench means you have an issue. Get it fixed before it gets all fugged up.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Take it easy guys , don't be stereotypical and assume someone is an idiot right off the bat , the diode pack in the spare tire well has wiring that plugs into it , for some reason the plug seems to be faulty (loose) during a speaker install I guess it was bumped or something but a long story short if you pushed on the plug the fuel pump came on so I pulled it off put some dielectric grease on it and ziptied the wires back to the main harness they branched off to. So car was fixed at this point but in the process of all the trouble shooting obviously the car would start but die so the car saw an issue and kicked the wrench light on. After the last fix which was to ziptie the wires back the wrench light was still on. So after a couple tune swaps and kam resets it was still on. All I ended up doing was unplug it and plug it back in and apparently the computer recognized the break in signal as the battery was connected , so once it was reconnected and it was working properly I got right in the car and started it and SHAZAM !!!!! No light !!!! All I can say is these cars are very sophisticated and finicky......btw I've Been driving it all day and no issues

Last edited:

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
i love this....wrench light is on but i dont care whats causing it

Some of the ignorance and the constant urge from people on this forum to ridicule and bash people is hard to ignore sometimes . The first line in my post says "how can I find out WHY the wrench light is on" , can you read ????

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread