Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
LOL Killin me here Chris....
aahuahua.gif

Haha I aim to please

SVT 99

Banned
There will be markups at some dealers, absolutely zero incentives on '13 GT500s whatsoever

Thats ok. I already have a deal in writing from my dealer for 1500 above the invoice. Was just wondering see if I could get any more money squeezed out of them. Still seeing if I can do better than 1500 though. Another dealer claims after the pricing is released they may do 1000 but we shall see.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Not having a car in production for a number of years and re-releasing it to the public helps a lot in the number of sales too. ;-)

and paying huge endorsement dollars to Hollywood for a staring role in a blockbuster hit movie with a car that had yet to be released to the public, while being a huge buzz in the industry of the Camaro's return.

Bill did in fact have sexual relations with that woman

political-pictures-bill-clinton-stimulus-package.png

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Thats ok. I already have a deal in writing from my dealer for 1500 above the invoice. Was just wondering see if I could get any more money squeezed out of them. Still seeing if I can do better than 1500 though. Another dealer claims after the pricing is released they may do 1000 but we shall see.

I highly doubt it, unless they have some end of run left overs, but I don't recall there being any incentives on them back in 07.

There is dealer cash on the '12s right now as they are trying to move them out before the new model.

SVT 99

Banned
I highly doubt it, unless they have some end of run left overs, but I don't recall there being any incentives on them back in 07.

There is dealer cash on the '12s right now as they are trying to move them out before the new model.

Well then I have to play with their heads some more since they are desperate to sell any shelby.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
There is no Santa Claus.

WWE wrestling is fake

The tooth fairy is your mom (or dad, or parental guardian)

Bill did in fact have sexual relations with that woman

Reality is real :)

Noooo!!!!! You just turned my world upside down!!! :D

chuckstang

Established Member
By many, especially in the nightmares of Camaro owners that remember those taillights growing ever smaller in the distance.....;-)

[youtube_browser]-REiMvxxamA[/youtube_browser]

0-60 in 5 seconds!? That can't be right.

I could move quicker to 60 by shifting from 1st to 4th :shrug:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The national incentives on Mustang models is $500 and $1500. I believe the national incentive for the Camaro is $1000. Any savings higher than those are dealer incentives and really has nothing to do with Ford themselves. This would not include fleet sales this month, production of the 2013 just started on the 27th of February. Those sales are dealers clearing the lots in preparation for the 2013 stock. It may be like this again next month (depends on how many 2011 and 2012s are left.)

Ford is offering $3000 cash back or 0% financing for 60 months on '12 Mustangs. It's not a dealer incentive.

Not having a car in production for a number of years and re-releasing it to the public helps a lot in the number of sales too. ;-)

At first sure. 3 years later? I don't think so.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I heard some really bummer rumors today... Not on the Ford side.. It is just rumors anyway.

What is it?

At first sure. 3 years later? I don't think so.

Things such as this don't right themselves immediately, there are soooo many variables in play. Right when the first 're-birthed' Camaro came out not all the Camaro faithful were ready to buy one. This trend can be seen in the buying habits of any car. Some people keep a car for a year or 2 and then get a new one, some 3 to 4 years, so on and so on... These things happen in multiple waves, not just one big tsunami.

bullitt2735

Established Member
I talked with Unleashed Beast over the phone. Not completely bummer but, I just don't want any Beijing West Industries parts in any future Mustangs...

This is all rumor and was acquired from a single source.

hmmm, well to me it makes sense that ford would make a deal with BWI because I know they have their own magnetic shocks like GM has and didn't they purchase part of delphi a few years ago. Just speculating here

Edit: BWI does own the delphi tech that invented the magnetic shocks, so it would make sense to me to see BWI parts in a future mustang. Why wouldn't you want BWI parts in your stang? I really don't know much about them, poor quality control?

Last edited:

IOMZL1

Established Member
Maybe, maybe not. To keep air from reaching certain underhood areas, they probably needed to add that "deflector". On the drivers side, the intake tube is right in the way, which would likely disrupt airflow (create high pressure), so that insert (the notched section) most likely helps smoothly redirect the air out the hood vents.

Not an expect in aerodynamics either, just pointing out that there are compromises on street going cars. I am sure their CFD analysis helped make many of these decisions for them. Water/dirt/critter mgmt I'm sure contributed too.

One of the main things that plastic bit does is direct water between the engine and the radiator. Maybe there is a better aerodynamic design but as you know there are other considerations for GM besides pure performance.

Looking at the underbody you can see the attention to detail and engineering for performance that went into the ZL1 and I'm glad you can appreciate it even if you prefer the Mustang. Apparently the original hood and facia was different but offered no performance gains so they changed it. There are videos on the ZL1 website about aero and other items if you are interested. Beyond CFD, everything was tested in the wind tunnel and on the track. Even the exhaust note was simulated. As an engineer I really am a sucker for the work they did and that's part of the allure for me.

I know you guys like to make fun of the simulations quote but that is just another engineering tool used by racing teams and automotive manufacturers today. CFD and vehicle dynamics programs allow much work to be done outside of the wind tunnel and before going to the track. It isnt 100% accurate all the time but it provides a direction to make testing more efficient.

I was seriously considering the Boss LS before deciding on the ZL1, it's a really impressive car. Plus I figure my dad has a super snake so I can just take that out if I want a Mustang fix.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
By many, especially in the nightmares of Camaro owners that remember those taillights growing ever smaller in the distance.....;-)

[youtube_browser]-REiMvxxamA[/youtube_browser]

:eek: That Boss 302 sure did put a straight line ass whoppin' on that SS. :burnout:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I was seriously considering the Boss LS before deciding on the ZL1, it's a really impressive car. Plus I figure my dad has a super snake so I can just take that out if I want a Mustang fix.

Details on the Super Snake? 725hp? 750hp? 800hp?

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
hmmm, well to me it makes sense that ford would make a deal with BWI because I know they have their own magnetic shocks like GM has and didn't they purchase part of delphi a few years ago. Just speculating here

Edit: BWI does own the delphi tech that invented the magnetic shocks, so it would make sense to me to see BWI parts in a future mustang. Why wouldn't you want BWI parts in your stang? I really don't know much about them, poor quality control?
No, nothing really wrong with BWI... I just looked ahead to Control Blade IRS. Now I have to see if the two systems are capable.

Users who are viewing this thread