Thieves Suck!

Chug33

Established Member
that's weird my guess would be it's easier to sell your trucks wheels on craigslist than a gt500's? :shrug:

did ford say the oem wheel locks are better?

It's just that much harder and more difficult to deal with lowered cars, even with a low profile jack I still have to pull it up on boards. Plus, the market for Shelby wheels vs mass manufactured truck wheels is massive. Plus with this forum alone the chance of getting caught trying to sell stolen mustang wheels probably is increased 75%. Lol

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
I have a feeling that even in assbackwards Texas, if you kill someone keying your car, you're going to be charged with manslaughter at the very least. One doesn't remotely justify the other, sorry.
If the law says I get manslaughter for it, so be it, but if I looked out my window right now to some punk keying my car (or stealing my wheels), I would do whatever I could to stop him - shooting him not exempt from that. I'd probably be doing the world a favor anyway.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
My Dad woke up to this today. They were the OEM 20's that comes on the lariat. Insurance company will take care of it on Thursday.

FC8DF9BE-1AC9-4D58-A276-9AF492CEC9E7.jpg

63143245-D407-4337-8050-021AA2745832.jpg

sorry to hear that. you might suggest to your dad put some motion activated floodlights over the garage. an alarm system with a proximity/shock sensor might help too.

hope they catch the scum that did this.

Last edited:

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
For you guys suggesting the flood light, it doesn't work. My buddy had flood lights on his garage and they unscrewed his lights and stole his OEM GM 20's. I also had a set of wheels stolen and I know the guys that did it. Come to find out it was the guys only a few houses down from me. Guys got busted with 84 sets of wheels. I always see GM trucks coming and going from these guys house. The people only stay about 15-20 minutes.

Messed up part of the whole deal is when they went to court, judge told them to show a receipt for the wheels and since they worked with a guy that owned a tire shop they were able to supply said receipts. They are total scumbags.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
For you guys suggesting the flood light, it doesn't work. My buddy had flood lights on his garage and they unscrewed his lights and stole his OEM GM 20's. I also had a set of wheels stolen and I know the guys that did it. Come to find out it was the guys only a few houses down from me. Guys got busted with 84 sets of wheels. I always see GM trucks coming and going from these guys house. The people only stay about 15-20 minutes.

Messed up part of the whole deal is when they went to court, judge told them to show a receipt for the wheels and since they worked with a guy that owned a tire shop they were able to supply said receipts. They are total scumbags.

My flood lights are 2 stories up, they work, I don't think anyone will be unscrewing them.

I'd much rather have motion lights and locking lugnuts (i have both) to either deter them or slow them down if they are determined to take them.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Castle Doctorin law should be in every state!
Furthermore the people should know how to enforce it , hollow points are a good way to start in my opinion.
I think I would engrave my wheels , so 84 they are stolen , and the thieves produce a receipt , I could prove they were stolen .

Last edited:

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
My flood lights are 2 stories up, they work, I don't think anyone will be unscrewing them.

I'd much rather have motion lights and locking lugnuts (i have both) to either deter them or slow them down if they are determined to take them.

Well you definitely have an advantage there. I also agree with you about the locking lugnuts and flood lights.

You have a garage. Perhaps you should park in it.

While I agree with you on that but depending on when the house was built most of the newer cars are being built much bigger than the cars in the past. I bought an 08 silverado brand new and was unable to park it in my garage because the truck was to long. It was just an ext. cab regular bed.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
While I agree with you on that but depending on when the house was built most of the newer cars are being built much bigger than the cars in the past. I bought an 08 silverado brand new and was unable to park it in my garage because the truck was to long. It was just an ext. cab regular bed.

Perhaps. My Raptor gets parked in my garage every night and my house is 13 years old.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Perhaps. My Raptor gets parked in my garage every night and my house is 13 years old.

That's an infant as far as houses go. In this area, your average house was built in 1940 and maybe got a 1970 update if it was lucky. It is not uncommon to have a house built before 1900. This is not a shithole either, average house price is around half a million.

Sorry to hear OP. Some worthy suggestions in this thread about how to deal with it, but sucks that you have to. I agree with a lot of the comments about thieves. Unfortunately the only way to take care of them is to kill them in a very careful manner that does not incriminate yourself.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
and I have a feeling you don't know what the **** you are talking about. We don't care if you think one justifies the other or not. the law is more important that your thoughts on the matter. you will not be charged because you broke no law.

Welcome to the wasteland of Texas, where a few scratches on a car and a petty misdemeanor is worth a man's life.

I guarantee you that even in Texas, if you start blasting because someone scratched your car, you will be facing charges.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
That's an infant as far as houses go. In this area, your average house was built in 1940 and maybe got a 1970 update if it was lucky. It is not uncommon to have a house built before 1900. This is not a shithole either, average house price is around half a million.

The OPs house, judging by the photo of the home across the street, was probably built in 1995 or later. Should be plenty of garage space for a modern truck.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Welcome to the wasteland of Texas, where a few scratches on a car and a petty misdemeanor is worth a man's life.

Some lives are worth more than others. If some asshole it out keying your car in the middle of the night, he's not exactly the pillar of the community, and won't be missed if he's no longer wasting oxygen.

Welcome to the world of AZ, where balls have yet to drop on some individuals. :lol1:

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

I guarantee you that even in Texas, if you start blasting because someone scratched your car, you will be facing charges.

A few scratches on most newer cars is not cheap. I would love to see the dumbass bleed to death slowly while crying for his mommy. But that is just me. But I live in FL, we can just shoot your ass for walking the street and looking scary.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you should move to Kalifornia they love your kind there. play stupid games win stupid prizes. BUT nice to see you are on the side of criminals and malcontents I will make it a point to be sure not to trust you to watch my shit.

I guarantee you, you are clueless. Texas law says you are able to protect your personal property with deadly force. perhaps you should actually look it up before you go making "guarantees" you won't be able to pay off on.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
You have a garage. Perhaps you should park in it.

I understand what your saying but it's a standard 2 car garage. My mother's SRX is in there but he decided he likes his tool boxes, large cabinets, poker table and yada yada.

He knows he could do it but it's his choice and this happened. We shall see now though

Users who are viewing this thread