Think I'm done with Ford products

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's awesome man. Congrats. Post pics when you get it.
How long does the ordering/delivery process take with Audi? I assume it's a longer than normal wait, say 2 months or more?
What options did you go with?

lol
It definitely is a beast Bob.
I assume the G70 is pretty beastly in the different modes as well.
It is, Tony, but not to the level of the RS3. ;)

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I came to a similar conclusion a few times. Inevitably I end up back where I started.

This is absolutely the age of the "Do Everything" car. It can be your daily, your track rat, your kids hauler, and your road trip ride. All brands (generally) have cars that can do that in some form or fashion. Usually one of the functions is stronger than the other (comfort over speed, speed over driveability, etc). If you stare too long and hard at your foxbody, SN95 chassis car, or really anything 1980-2005, you realize pretty quickly how obsolete they are.

Case in point, I bought my 18' F150 5.0 and within two weeks listed the 93 coupe. The truck is faster than the coupe was, smoother, rode better, more comfortable, and useful since it's a truck. I realized the "Do everything" foxbody is a folk lore, and that a new truck was my new "Everything" car. The only thing it couldn't do was provide the nostalgia and cure my itch to wrench. So I bought a 65' coupe, and that has undoubtedly filled a void I wasn't aware of.

If you started out trying to make your fox/car competitive/do everything, you started out wrong. You'll end up right where you are, saying goodbye to a brand/model/life.

ZEN357

Established Member
I sold my 01 Bullitt for a 2016 Challenger. I'm glad I did. I can at least work on the Challenger. The overhead cams were always a pain in the butt.

00000015-50.jpg

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I came to a similar conclusion a few times. Inevitably I end up back where I started.

This is absolutely the age of the "Do Everything" car. It can be your daily, your track rat, your kids hauler, and your road trip ride. All brands (generally) have cars that can do that in some form or fashion. Usually one of the functions is stronger than the other (comfort over speed, speed over driveability, etc). If you stare too long and hard at your foxbody, SN95 chassis car, or really anything 1980-2005, you realize pretty quickly how obsolete they are.

Case in point, I bought my 18' F150 5.0 and within two weeks listed the 93 coupe. The truck is faster than the coupe was, smoother, rode better, more comfortable, and useful since it's a truck. I realized the "Do everything" foxbody is a folk lore, and that a new truck was my new "Everything" car. The only thing it couldn't do was provide the nostalgia and cure my itch to wrench. So I bought a 65' coupe, and that has undoubtedly filled a void I wasn't aware of.

If you started out trying to make your fox/car competitive/do everything, you started out wrong. You'll end up right where you are, saying goodbye to a brand/model/life.

well said. sums things up perfectly. it only strengthens my case for the RS3/M4. both are seriously fast, I wouldn't hesitate to drive either of them across the country and back, handles well, stops well, does everything at a high level. If I got a new mustang, I would need to get another car to fill some of the voids, while the M4/RS3 would cover everything. yes, they cost more, but in the long run I feel it is cheaper and I would be happier

08mojo

Established Member
well said. sums things up perfectly. it only strengthens my case for the RS3/M4. both are seriously fast, I wouldn't hesitate to drive either of them across the country and back, handles well, stops well, does everything at a high level. If I got a new mustang, I would need to get another car to fill some of the voids, while the M4/RS3 would cover everything. yes, they cost more, but in the long run I feel it is cheaper and I would be happier

On a serious note, I have an F80 M3. It's one hell of an all around car. I was cross shopping the RS3, but it wasn't the car for me. I had a golf R previously and it seems the RS3 (while way more powerful the the golf R) still has the front wheel biased AWD system. Even if they fixed the front wheel bias, I still prefer RWD over AWD--especially when it comes to having some fun.

_Snake_

Established Member

I had Procharged Boss 302 and bought a 5 year old Audi S4 to daily. I liked the S4 so much I sold both and got a new S6. I’m at exactly one year of ownership and have never been happier owning just a single vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread