thinking about buying the best toyota ever made.

Panic661

Established Member
^ that thing is badass.

I've always been a fan of doing the modding myself or at least picking out my own mods and my own mechanics to do the work. But if you can find one that is properly done with receipts/other proof then more power to you.

Zemedici

Established Member
Pretty much this.

Buy one as close to stock as you can, or hell, even a blown one, and send it to Titan or someplace else reputable in the Supra community.

This. I wouldn't take the chance taking on someone else's problem child. Start from scratch and do it YOUR way

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Best Toyota ever made....

IMG_0333.JPG

I had one of those when I lived in AZ. Total P.O.S. in town, get it out in the desert and it was frigging awesome.

I'd buy a "slightly modded" car after checking it out top to bottom then add to it from there.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
We had one when I was growing up. Three on the tree. That thing was awful on the streets but get her up in the mountains and it would climb a damn tree.

Bokeo

Established Member
DO IT! Supra's are Legends. You dont have to get crazy with the build either, mabye just @800 rwhp. And have fun with it.

Rings

Established Member
I have always had a thing for supras myself. I say find what you like and expand from there!

Good luck and post pics

nxhappy

Established Member
ever since i had a POS 89 supra, i vowed to never own a supra ever again.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
just throwing out a crazy alternative here but, how about a 89 skyline GT-R? If I was in your position financially I'd probably do something crazy like that since skylines are a lot harder to come by in the states than supras.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
just throwing out a crazy alternative here but, how about a 89 skyline GT-R? If I was in your position financially I'd probably do something crazy like that since skylines are a lot harder to come by in the states than supras.

Im not really a fan of those, and I thought they werent road legal here or something???

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Just a little information about the 2000GT, Originally Aki in James Bond You ONLY Live Twice was suppose to drive a yellow 2000GT but the way the roof was shaped it made getting the camera angles and shots in car almost impossible. So Toyota then allowed the Bond movie crew to use the convertible white concept one that they made for the Geneva 1966 Auto show. Toyota also made two other back up cars just in case something happen to the concept while shooting. These was the only convertible 2000GT's ever made

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Personally I'd stay away from R32 GTR's. Mark 4 supra's are very rare in Japan. GTR's are literally everywhere. If you look in the distance at any highway in Japan with or without binoculars you'll probably see some sort of Skyline.

After seeing Skylines and Mark 4 supra's together I'd say the Supra is the better car as far as looks and quality. The Supra's interior falls apart like a mustangs, but it is way more aesthetic/less crappy than the skyline.

The R32-34 skylines are very bland cars compared to the Mark 4. However their performance is better than the Supra, and somewhat makes up for the blandness.

Users who are viewing this thread