thinking about buying the best toyota ever made.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Arent they going to be $80k?

FT1 should at LEAST be 80k if they are even going to attempt to tackle the GTR, which apparently is coming very close for '15 of hitting a 0-60 of 2 secs flat. I just think they have been out of the game for too long (Toyota that is). The LEXUS LFA was an over-priced under-performer as well. Hopefully they get it right. I remember when I bought my 07 TRD Special edition FJ the guy was like "We are bringing back the Supra for 2009!" Yeahhhh....all I see from them performance wise is a tiny Subaru BRZ slapped with a Scion badge, aka FR-S.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Have you checked out the LSx swapped RX-7s? That seems like it would be something that would interest you and would be retarded fast with a turbo. I think quality Supras are few and FAR between and if you do find one, you better be willing to pay crazy money for it.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Do it.

sup2.jpg

DSC_0034_5_6_fused-Edit.jpg

lonnie_supra_01.jpg

1995-toyota-supra-ccw-classics-toyo-r888-tires.jpg

Impressive...but yeah too many F&F nuts...a buddy just bought one and put "WUTV8" as his LP and seems to think it is the fastest thing on the road, in stock config. Lol. Plus, it just needs more curves.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
I'm going to have to agree with this. Although FJ=Fake Jeep.. I'm a Jeep CJ guy

But.. Give me that GT500 and I'll find you a nice FJ like that above. Sound like a fair trade? Hell maybe I'd throw in my Cobra too ;)

Those FJ's run forever. Though so do 4.0l Jeeps. If you ever travel to Africa you'll see FJ's with 300k+ miles on them + the diesel in Australia. They do not die and are god-like off-roading wise. Though yeah the CJ Platform is awesome. Finding a fully restored FJ is pretty damn hard! But saying FJ = Fake jeep is just lol, they are all over the world just with huge miles. LC\FJ\BJ are kings of off-roading to me. One guy is restoring one that works in our dept. His is even original "Voodoo Blue" which the newer 07+ tried to match.
2enuoo1.jpg

207uccj.jpg

They are like the energizer bunny. They just keep going and going. And they are NOT cheap.

Last edited:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I would buy one and build it myself if I had the coin and area/tools. Yes of course you save money buying one already done up, but you could be perhaps inheriting someone else's problem. You can buy a nice stock TT auto car for around 24 or so with low miles. Sometimes even less, then the fun stuff begins. Join supra forums and starting soaking up information. Oh man I'm excited for you hahaha

Not a whole lot is more fun that a Getrag TT 1000hp supra, and very few look as good doing it as well.
Good luck with that. Finding one of those these days is pretty rare.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Good luck with that. Finding one of those these days is pretty rare.

Yeah...I'd rather find a
6f6of9.jpg

And trick it out...I saw one of those on Saturday on I-85, though def was not stock, sounded turbo or supercharged and he was going at least 120...def but he didn't achieve time travel :(

OOOOO

Giggity
Established Member
Find a clean N/A car and build it. The TT car's are getting up there in price and it sucks to hack one up. We're building one now for my son. It's got a single kit on it and is a blast to drive. We'll get serious with it one day.
IMG_9008.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member
after seeing what my friend went through and all the work we did to his before he sold it, I would say buy one built with a record of reliability the way you like if you aren't going for a specific build. he swapped turbos, went to E85, put in a built trans and upgraded diff and that car was still giving him headaches. they have some common issues once you start cranking up the boost which is to be expected but when everything is working and its running right holy crap are they fun to drive. when he swapped turbos he took off an old 74mm and went with a new smaller turbo, ended up with more power and car became very streetable but was useless below 50mph @ WOT because it would spool very quickly.

03 deadpool

Established Member
couple of kids locally have shown up with some supras 20 and 27 grand for some pretty beat stuff. i would have picked up a built terminator or vette and saved some cash. the 1 car sits outside if i was gonna pay 27 it would have a garage to live inn.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Ive owned 3 vettes over the past year and have a bra k new GT500 now. Im looking for something else to knock off the bucket list of cars.

Users who are viewing this thread