Thinking about getting a GT500

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
I have been thinking about getting a 2010 2012 GT500. I found this one here in South Florida which seems like a pretty good deal. The only thing is that it has 67K on it. From the looks of it does it seem like a good buy? I have a 03 Cobra Vert with 45K on it, hoping that they will give me a good trade in on it. I just have to convince my wife now :(

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...archRadius=300&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=MUST

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
I'm just getting kinda bored with it, getting long in the tooth I guess. I just find the looks of the 2010 to 2014 Shelbys just so darned beautiful. If I got rid of my Termi do you think I will miss it years down the road?

Zemedici

Established Member
Yes. I sold my 04 cobra for a special ordered 2015 GT PP, had it 6 months and sold it to go back to a 2003 cobra

MastaAce03

Established Member
I'm just getting kinda bored with it, getting long in the tooth I guess. I just find the looks of the 2010 to 2014 Shelbys just so darned beautiful. If I got rid of my Termi do you think I will miss it years down the road?

You won't know until you make the switch, you may be very happy you did. And if not, sell the Shelby and get back into the Terminator. No big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
dont trade the terminator in. sell it private party. they'll rape you on the trade in.

i had a terminator vert and went to gt500. while i did really like the terminator after driving the gt500 i preferred the more upscale interior and feel of the gt500. and granted thats a 2007, not a 12 with its even nicer interior lol. id love to have another terminator vert but there's no way id give up my gt500 for one. only if i could park one next to it.

04MysticCobra

Established Member

I can agree with your statement. I have owned a 2003 Redfire Cobra and 2004 Mystic Cobra. Both were all around great cars and I really like the 03/04 Cobras. Then I bought a 2014 RRM GT500 brand new and that was it loved that car. I had to sell it last year because of personal reasons and it was the hardest vehicle I ever had to sell. I will own another 2014 GT500 somewhere down the road but for me I just really like the looks of those Shelby years.

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
dont trade the terminator in. sell it private party. they'll rape you on the trade in.

i had a terminator vert and went to gt500. while i did really like the terminator after driving the gt500 i preferred the more upscale interior and feel of the gt500. and granted thats a 2007, not a 12 with its even nicer interior lol. id love to have another terminator vert but there's no way id give up my gt500 for one. only if i could park one next to it.

I'm thinking too that the intelligent choice to make, the dealer wont give me squat for this car. I have a neighbor down the road that on the first day I got my Cobra he told me that he would buy it off of me if I ever wanted to get rid of it. I seen him last weekend and told him I will let it go for 20G and he said he will buy it once he sells his house. So hopefully he will soon. I am in no hurry to get a GT500. I'm sure when I do sell my car this white Shelby will be gone. There will be many more out there and with lower mileage I am sure.

nxhappy

Established Member
I'm thinking too that the intelligent choice to make, the dealer wont give me squat for this car. I have a neighbor down the road that on the first day I got my Cobra he told me that he would buy it off of me if I ever wanted to get rid of it. I seen him last weekend and told him I will let it go for 20G and he said he will buy it once he sells his house. So hopefully he will soon. I am in no hurry to get a GT500. I'm sure when I do sell my car this white Shelby will be gone. There will be many more out there and with lower mileage I am sure.
way more money selling private party....if you have the time and skill

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
most gt500s are garage queens/weekend toys. so most have very low miles and there are sooo many of them that the pricing is not sky high. id would definitely wait and grab a low mileage car. you cant turn back the clock on mileage.

only a terminator enthusiast will pay good money for your car. and unfortunately verts are way less in demand. took me over a year to sell mine and i gave it away. what did the dealer off you? $12k? lol

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
most gt500s are garage queens/weekend toys. so most have very low miles and there are sooo many of them that the pricing is not sky high. id would definitely wait and grab a low mileage car. you cant turn back the clock on mileage.

only a terminator enthusiast will pay good money for your car. and unfortunately verts are way less in demand. took me over a year to sell mine and i gave it away. what did the dealer off you? $12k? lol

I didn't go to the dealer yet, he's an hour and a half away from me. He asked me how much I wanted for trade in and I told him 16G's. He then asked me to take some pics of my car and send them to him so they can get a estimate for my car. Verts down here in South Fl are always in high demand so I don't think I will have to wait a long time to sell it. At least I hope not.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I didn't go to the dealer yet, he's an hour and a half away from me. He asked me how much I wanted for trade in and I told him 16G's. He then asked me to take some pics of my car and send them to him so they can get a estimate for my car. Verts down here in South Fl are always in high demand so I don't think I will have to wait a long time to sell it. At least I hope not.

verts are in demand but terminator enthusiasts typically flock to coupes. i live in vert country as well and 95% of terminator owners out here have coupes. ive only seen a couple of shelby verts. tons of coupes lol

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
I have been looking for a Shelby vert but they seem hard to find, if I find a good deal on a coupe though I will scoop it right up.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Boostedtres

Established Member
I have had a weird experience with mustangs. I first fell in love with the Termi's, nothing (imo) sounds better. so much fun to drive, feel "tighter", and are gorgeous. I wanted one since the first time I drove one back in 2005. Next care needed AWD so I got an Evo (now track car), but always wanted a Termi. Finally had the funds two years ago and spent 9-10 months looking for one.

Granted, I was very particular in what I wanted (color, mileage, mods etc), and finally I just got sick of it and bought an 07 GT500 with 11k miles to use as a DD.

At first I still wanted to trade it in for the first clean Termi I could find; but as you all know, termi fans want ridiculous money for their cars, usually higher mileage, and beat/modded to hell.

Ever since then, I start to like the Shelby more and more. Walked out last night and saw it all clean under the parking lot lights, and loved it more than i did yesterday. Went back and drove the Termi and while I still want to own one, theres no way I would trade the GT500 in for it. Much more comfortable ride in ever aspect.

Anyway, thats my long story. Highlights: wait and sell your termi for the price you want. Find clearn GT500. and if you hate it, you can always sell that and get back into a Termi fairly easily. Patience is tough, but will be worth it in the long run. Best of luck with your search.

Users who are viewing this thread