Thinking of trunk mount IC res

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Ive had no pump failure...granted its track only it still has alot of hours on it. I run it for a good 20 minutes after a pass to cool the car down.

Also about coolant....I run my car into November and its gets cold at night. Since Ive had it I have put coolant in it every winter without issue.

As far as price...the tank was roughly $250-275.....hose will depend on what size and kind you get. I just got 5/8" heater hose at Home depot and then a few fittings to attach to the drain.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Jake, Brian..

After going this route would you still use the chiseled performance tank / pump if you did the install today?

I guess what I'm getting at is are there better options today than what their was at the time of install?

Looking at Chiseled's website, the tanks don't appear to be the same size.. I like the idea of yours fitting under the trunk mat

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
Chiseled still haves the best box on the market. I got mine and love it. If anyone is looking for one I will have mine and all the holes up for sale.

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
securedownload3.jpg

securedownlo.jpg

muttley

-Neal-
Established Member
is this the pump that came with your chiseled tank? I don't remember what was in mine. This has me worried.

Yes, it is the smaller tank, it is 14x14x5. It came with a rule 1100 in it. You can barely get your hand in there to replace it. I broke off one of the tabs to hold it in.. I should have ordered the larger tank with the heavy duty pump. So this setup is just not going to work for me. Anyone have feedback on the heavy duty pump? It's good to have that Aeroforce gauge to monitor temps.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Evil03 it looks like your running a straight coolant mix. Are you doing that to run on the street? How do you have your lines ran? ice box to HE to IC reservior to engine back to ice box? Do you leave the coolant in and just add ice to that or before the track do you flush it and run a distilled water/ water wetter with ice mix? I dont go plan on going to the track often but would like the fact if its routed through the system giving me more coolant to cool. Just trying to find out what I need to do to have this system functioning properly.

I have a trunk mount ice box that the previous owner installed and im trying to figure it out how he had everything ran and if he bypassed the ic reservior or not. Right now my IC reserior is empty. I know he used some sort of big boat pump and has a drain line to empty the tank. The pump is connected to a switch that i have in the cabin and I know he said that he leaves it on all the time. I dont know if I still have the factory ic pump or how anything is ran. I do know the aftermarket ice box pump works because I can hear it cut on and off when i toggle the switch.

Just gotta find the time to get the car on the lift and figure out how everything is routed and make sure nothing is leaking and working as advertised.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
looks good, my setup is pretty similar. How do you have it hooked up front? Do you have a ic reservior or just running this straight to the motor/ ic and back to the ice box? Are you running straight water/distilled water or a mix of something?

keith89

Established Member
anyone have pictures of how they routed the hoses around the IRS and transition to under the car? I can see where i'll be exiting the spare tire well but i'm afraid to pinch or cut the hoses on moving suspension parts. there's not a lot of room to run 2 hoses down there after the return fuel setup. Just looking for ideas. Pictures would be great.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Keith here is my setup: I don't have a closeup of the hoses around the actual IRS but I hope this helps

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
looks good, my setup is pretty similar. How do you have it hooked up front? Do you have a ic reservior or just running this straight to the motor/ ic and back to the ice box? Are you running straight water/distilled water or a mix of something?

Yeah front pump and res are gone now. HE still there. You can run whatever you need to. Just make sure if you live in a cold climate that you have coolant in there when it gets cold. At the track it will end up straight water from the melted ice. I wil Drain & ice down between every run. When done run coolant through if cold weather is approaching . Here in NE that is about now. If not I will just leave the water in there. As far as costs are concerned for those of you asking;

Tank....................$165
pump off ebay..........75
35' 3/4 heater hs......60
assort fitngs from HD.10
hardware..................5

total.................$315

Last edited:

keith89

Established Member
Keith here is my setup: I don't have a closeup of the hoses around the actual IRS but I hope this helps
[/IMG]

hmm that helps a little. Thanks for taking the time to post the photos.
Unfortunately, i have magnaflows so the area where you made the transition from over the IRS to under the car will not work on my car as there isn't enough space. That is the area i'm having trouble with right now. There isn't a lot of space to run the hoses. I really don't want to have to go under the front IRS subframe mount to get it on the other side of the subframe connectors.

Does anyone else have any photos/suggestions of how they go around the IRS and the transition to under the car?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Yeah front pump and res are gone now. HE still there. You can run whatever you need to. Just make sure if you live in a cold climate that you have coolant in there when it gets cold. At the track it will end up straight water from the melted ice. I wil Drain & ice down between every run. When done run coolant through if cold weather is approaching . Here in NE that is about now. If not I will just leave the water in there. As far as costs are concerned for those of you asking;

Tank.................$165
pump off ebay.......75
35' 3/4 heater hs...60
ass fitting from HD.10
hardware...............5

Thanks alot, that helps out. I have my oem pump bypass'd but its still going through the oem reservior which I'll leave it like that since its easy to insure its flowing. So with these in tank high speed pumps do we need to be worried about burping the system? Im thinking not and it will just force air through the lines. Is there any special you do to drain it besides just drain it from the rear before you add coolant? Im moving to Va at the begining of the year so I'll need to put coolant in there as right now is just water.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Thanks alot, that helps out. I have my oem pump bypass'd but its still going through the oem reservior which I'll leave it like that since its easy to insure its flowing. So with these in tank high speed pumps do we need to be worried about burping the system? Im thinking not and it will just force air through the lines. Is there any special you do to drain it besides just drain it from the rear before you add coolant? Im moving to Va at the begining of the year so I'll need to put coolant in there as right now is just water.

I have not filled it as of yet but I am not worryed about bleeding the system. With my setup you just will have to twist that handle and bye by water.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

Tank....................$165
pump off ebay..........75
35' 3/4 heater hs......60
assort fitngs from HD.10
hardware..................5

Yeah that's the cheap way lol. I went to a hydraulics store and have quick disconnects on all of mine. Pretty sure the fittings and the hose added up to that much.:bash: Boy do I love it though.:thumbsup:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Thanks Brian. I am thinking of going with Posi ported Eaton over the winter so we will be talking.

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
Evil03 it looks like your running a straight coolant mix. Are you doing that to run on the street? How do you have your lines ran? ice box to HE to IC reservior to engine back to ice box? Do you leave the coolant in and just add ice to that or before the track do you flush it and run a distilled water/ water wetter with ice mix? I dont go plan on going to the track often but would like the fact if its routed through the system giving me more coolant to cool. Just trying to find out what I need to do to have this system functioning properly.

I have a trunk mount ice box that the previous owner installed and im trying to figure it out how he had everything ran and if he bypassed the ic reservior or not. Right now my IC reserior is empty. I know he used some sort of big boat pump and has a drain line to empty the tank. The pump is connected to a switch that i have in the cabin and I know he said that he leaves it on all the time. I dont know if I still have the factory ic pump or how anything is ran. I do know the aftermarket ice box pump works because I can hear it cut on and off when i toggle the switch.

Just gotta find the time to get the car on the lift and figure out how everything is routed and make sure nothing is leaking and working as advertised.

I hook mine up like it was from the factory. I can't run ice do to having a LC blower. But I was going to I would run straight water at the track. I'm running 50/50 coolant for the streets.

AidanN20

Established Member
Anyone make one that is round and fills and fits the spark tire hole well and doesnt stick up so high? I figured i could put the carpet/cover over it that way and be hidden/clean in trunk

Users who are viewing this thread