Thinking of trying to buy my old 13 GT500 back

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just board on a Sunday looking at cars. I'm probably not making an real decision till after the first of the year anyway.

At least I know I am not the only one who does this.
I will not pay $60k+ for 13/14. I have one museum piece, don't need another.

Add something more modern. At a reasonable price. W/e that is.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pete, have you passed the 6,000 mark yet? Still hard to believe you've only driven that stunning '13 Red Candy GT500 that few miles. 10 years old! That's an average of around 600 miles a year. Yep, that is museum piece territory. LOL.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
What in your mind, given the current market, would be a reasonable price ??
For everything done to my 13 I would be willing to pay 55k for it, but I'm not going more than that, 52k would be more realistic, but the guy that owns it is loaded and not hurting for money lol.
At least I know I am not the only one who does this.
I will not pay $60k+ for 13/14. I have one museum piece, don't need another.

Add something more modern. At a reasonable price. W/e that is.
My old 13 and my current 14 are definitely not museum pieces lol, they have both been driven a good amount and show it.

Your GT500 is clean/amazing, I would say yours would sell for 70k
Pete, have you passed the 6,000 mark yet? Still hard to believe you've only driven that stunning '13 Red Candy GT500 that few miles. 10 years old! That's an average of around 600 miles a year. Yep, that is museum piece territory. LOL.
Agreed, if it had a 3.6KB it would be absolutely perfect.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Knocking on the door of high mileage

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Your GT500 is clean/amazing, I would say yours would sell for 70k

Agreed, if it had a 3.6KB it would be absolutely perfect.

I know going with a larger twin screw blower, I'm gonna sacrifice a lot of low end torque.

The only option I have is to run boostane, which I would do, but ideally, I really wanted a polished 3.4 Whipple. Or to find someone that could do a quality polishing job on an all black 3.4 Whipple.

In any case, like most things dealing with these cars, the 3.4 Whipple boat has set sail and you can't just order one up anymore.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be odd man out, that color combo was hideous. Move on bro and buy the Viper or something you've never had before.

20+ 500 would be cool. So would a Mach 1 on boost, or a GT350. IDK....

BTW... I do the same thing on Sundays, and everyday lol. It's a disease.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I know going with a larger twin screw blower, I'm gonna sacrifice a lot of low end torque.

The only option I have is to run boostane, which I would do, but ideally, I really wanted a polished 3.4 Whipple. Or to find someone that could do a quality polishing job on an all black 3.4 Whipple.

In any case, like most things dealing with these cars, the 3.4 Whipple boat has set sail and you can't just order one up anymore.

I wish I could have given you a ride in my 13 GT500 with the 3.6, yes no doubt the down low TQ wasn't very strong, but it also helped the car hook up and not be spin city, and the top end power was insane. Having said all that. I to wouldn't mind a 3.4 whipple, I really like the one @1 Alibi 2 has, that would look perfect on both are GT500s.
I'll be odd man out, that color combo was hideous. Move on bro and buy the Viper or something you've never had before.

20+ 500 would be cool. So would a Mach 1 on boost, or a GT350. IDK....

BTW... I do the same thing on Sundays, and everyday lol. It's a disease.
The color combo wasn't for everyone lol, when I first bought the car I was going to pull the stripes off that day, but it grew on me.

You know my biggest bitch about Vipers is (the ones i can afford 03 to 06, maybe a high mileage 08) they really aren't impressive. Yes they look cool and sound cool, but for the money you're getting a car that isn't much more impressive than a 2012 GT500. I wish I could afford a Gen5 viper and do a Prefix 9.0L, now that's gangster.

If things don't work out with getting my 13 back, I'm going to get a 2020 GT500, the keep coming down in price, I just need to wait for the right one.
I say buy it back!!
Such a bad ass car and I love the color combo. Very rare, I'm sure.
I'm currently talking with the owner. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
If you were to buy it back id say sell the 14 and get a 20. Personally, i like your current car better. If sentiment wasnt involved, which do YOU like better? Your 13 or 14?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread