This Bites

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Ive called way too many dealers trying to get a price on this car. Are they all hiiting the pipe or do you think that close to msrp will be a not too distant reality. Its time to trade up the term so its the gt 500 or im jumping ship. Anybody know of a decent price on a 500 please drop me a pm. Thanks:shrug: :( :cryying:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I've been watching the prices too, and you can get a used 03-04 SRT-10 viper for under 50K, which you sure can't do with the GT500. I gotta think that sooner or later those prices are coming down.

bunk22

Established Member

bullittman

Established Member
autotrader

bunk22 said:
Just for shits and grins, I just emailed a local dealer about his GT500. The dealer is located in Fort Walton Beach, Florida and is advertising, at least on his website and autotrader, for sticker.....$45,060. I'm just curious if there's a mark-up. The car is torch red with white stripes. Here's the ad on autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...al&doors=&car_year=2007&max_price=&cardist=28

I've followed a lot of these the last few months........100% have had a markup when called. Ranged from $5000. to $25000. over.:rollseyes

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Really? I watched 2 go for invoice. and 3 go for sticker in the past few weeks on the South Shore MA.

But once again last time i tried helping someone on here buy one, I got ****ed.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
I've been watching the prices too, and you can get a used 03-04 SRT-10 viper for under 50K, which you sure can't do with the GT500. I gotta think that sooner or later those prices are coming down.

That's what I did. Was looking to a 500 but with all the price crap I picked up an 03 SRT with 11K mis for $48K. I figure if I want to rethink a 500 when pricing gets back to earth the SRT has taken the main dump of depreciation already - and it's not a bad "fall-back" choice ;-)

Dave.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Really? I watched 2 go for invoice. and 3 go for sticker in the past few weeks on the South Shore MA.

Wow .. I wish I had found you a few months ago with an invoice deal, if you can bring deals like sorry you've had bad experiences, you should be patted on the back!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ROBSNAKE said:
Ive called way too many dealers trying to get a price on this car. Are they all hiiting the pipe or do you think that close to msrp will be a not too distant reality. Its time to trade up the term so its the gt 500 or im jumping ship. Anybody know of a decent price on a 500 please drop me a pm. Thanks:shrug: :( :cryying:

its not that hard. i know many on this site who have recieved their gt500 for msrp or dealers that will only sell the gt500 at msrp. i believe there are currently 4 or 5 waiting to order thier gt500 at msrp. but if you guys were not smart enough to get into the game early(10-04) or to wait for an order at msrp then you will have to pay more to satisfy your childish urges.:uh oh:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You guys need to look harder, hit the phones harder, maybe travel a little bit. They're out there, i wouldnt want one sitting on my floorplan for the winter.

Sorry for being Bitter. I just hate the fact that someone made money, alot of it, on my leg work.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:

Are you talking about at auctions?
Have you seen any black gt500 coupes in our area for sale? just curious.
I am going to ideally try and get an 08 black coupe, no stripes, no boom box in the trunk for msrp or less!

SteveEvo8

Established Member
Keep your fight going, i am sure you will get the price you desire very soon. Like i said in another thread, i can't imagine dealers keeping the price as high as it is. Another guy started a thread on how he couldn't wait anymore so he bought another car. With that said i am sure that is not the first time i has happened.

Good luck, and keep the hopes high. You will get one soon!

Steve

chuckstang

Established Member
The one thing I dont understand is that, if you really like this car, why not wait????
I bet you 1% of the gt500 owners use it for daily use transportation, I mean 365 days of the year, not just in the summer, I mean snow to! lol
Anotherwords, this car or a vette or any other of the gt500's limited competition out there can wait? You don't need a vette, gt500, srt 10, right this second!!!! For those that do, grow the F*** up!
In the end if you settle for a different car than want you wanted all along, you will not be satisfied. No one's life depends on this car, you do not need it to survive!

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks for all the comments and the help people have been giving me. I dont need this car now. Truth is I drive a truck most of the time. In 4 and a half years I have less than 27k on my term. So thats really not a lot of driving. But it sure would be sweet sitting in my garage. I have patience and will continue to do so. When I got my cobra in 02 it wasnt a big deal. This on the other hand does require a bit more work.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Are you talking about at auctions?
Have you seen any black gt500 coupes in our area for sale? just curious.
I am going to ideally try and get an 08 black coupe, no stripes, no boom box in the trunk for msrp or less!

No, it is against dealer code to run a new vehicle through the auction. The manufacturer can only authorize this.

These are RETAIL sales.

modmayhem88

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
No, it is against dealer code to run a new vehicle through the auction. The manufacturer can only authorize this.

These are RETAIL sales.

Chris, if you get a MSRP deal shoot me a link. If it's the right car, I'll fly to alaska and drive it home lol.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I mean this in the nicest way possible, gotta get in line.

Pretty much everytime i hear of an MSRP deal, by the time I get a hold of that person, that person gets the money and gets there, its gone.

With the exception of the two times I BROUGHT THE CAR TO MY PLACE, and then brought it back to the selling dealer to do the deal and then I got NOTHING out of it.

Gotta be on this shit people, I did a dealer locate and within 300miles of me there are over 50 GT500 coupes available. You mean to tell me that all 50 are charging over MSRP? Nope.

Start calling.

chuckstang

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
I mean this in the nicest way possible, gotta get in line.

Pretty much everytime i hear of an MSRP deal, by the time I get a hold of that person, that person gets the money and gets there, its gone.

With the exception of the two times I BROUGHT THE CAR TO MY PLACE, and then brought it back to the selling dealer to do the deal and then I got NOTHING out of it.

Gotta be on this shit people, I did a dealer locate and within 300miles of me there are over 50 GT500 coupes available. You mean to tell me that all 50 are charging over MSRP? Nope.

Start calling.

Whats the best way for non dealers to locate gt500s in the area other than thumb through the phone book and call every single dealer?
I have yet to see one on the street anywhere so that tells me they are all sitting on showrooms waiting for a big score :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread