This boggles my mind.

MG0h3

Established Member
Wonder what the naysayers would say if he had gone hands on, she resisted, and he had to slam her on the ground to cuff her.

Maybe this will square her away. Who knows.

Rct851

Established Member
Tasing an unarmed, unthreatening child is a joke. Kids make stupid mistakes no matter how good or bad the parenting is. This could have been a relatively harmless teaching moment.

Zemedici

Established Member
Tasing an unarmed, unthreatening child is a joke. Kids make stupid mistakes no matter how good or bad the parenting is. This could have been a relatively harmless teaching moment.

It was a teaching moment.

Until she got paid 1/4 million dollars for stealing.

If I was that age and this happened to me (which it wouldn't, because I was raised with morals), the tazer would be the least of my worries.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

Our current "teaching" methods only teach that there are no consequences for stealing. In fact now we learn they are to be rewarded. The tazing would have been a good lesson in itself. Maybe she would have said to herself, holy shit, I'm never going to try that again.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It was a teaching moment.

Until she got paid 1/4 million dollars for stealing.

If I was that age and this happened to me (which it wouldn't, because I was raised with morals), the tazer would be the least of my worries.

Preach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Someone between the ages of 7-70 can kill you. So can someone less than 7 and more than 70.
Not a fan of tasers - read the stories about those that died - NOT KILLED - by use of a taser. Most deserved to be tased, but the officer wasn't privy to the persons heath records to help make a decision on whether to tase or not. Most victims didn't know they had an underlying condition.
Cops do stupid things. How you word what you did and why can mean the difference in doing a good job and not doing a good job.
Paying victims is sometimes cheaper than fighting a legitimate fight.
Public perception rules. Give them the correct perception. Usually very tough to do and the agency suffers regardless.

CV355

_
Established Member
I did it for free.
Yes, you drop to the floor like a rock, even expecting it. No, I don't want to do it again. However, for $240k I will earn a paycheck and amuse the onlookers.

I got hit by 250kvac one time. It was an electric arc discharge system that someone wired up improperly. It melted my glove to my hand and made me pour sweat out of every pore. I remember the split second I got walloped, then just standing there with a glove melted to my hand, smoke, and co-workers surrounding me going "ARE YOU OK?!?!" I peeled the glove off and went back to my office, still unsure of what happened. Apparently it made one hell of a bang when I stuck my hand in there. System was supposed to be powered down but someone didn't include the corona PS as part of the safety circuit. OOPS

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I got hit by 250kvac one time. It was an electric arc discharge system that someone wired up improperly. It melted my glove to my hand and made me pour sweat out of every pore. I remember the split second I got walloped, then just standing there with a glove melted to my hand, smoke, and co-workers surrounding me going "ARE YOU OK?!?!" I peeled the glove off and went back to my office, still unsure of what happened. Apparently it made one hell of a bang when I stuck my hand in there. System was supposed to be powered down but someone didn't include the corona PS as part of the safety circuit. OOPS

Holy cow that’s nuts. You seriously must have shit yourself. Maybe you used all your luck up at once - at least you’re still here.

CV355

_
Established Member
Holy cow that’s nuts. You seriously must have shit yourself. Maybe you used all your luck up at once - at least you’re still here.

It was a fun day. Thankfully it was all running off 110vac and just had a nasty step-up transformer. Lots of voltage, barely any amperage. Hurt like a bastard though haha.

Now 480? You don't come back from that. Or you do, missing a limb.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
It was a fun day. Thankfully it was all running off 110vac and just had a nasty step-up transformer. Lots of voltage, barely any amperage. Hurt like a bastard though haha.

Now 480? You don't come back from that. Or you do, missing a limb.
My partner/coworker took 50,000 volts one day in 1984.

Users who are viewing this thread