This boggles my mind.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
She suffered no injuries and it’s legal 7-70 in Ohio. She didn’t stop maybe raise your kids better. From what was said on the radio her mom is on govt assistance I wonder if she will still get that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

Officer followed the rules. She was over 7 years old. Good work. Seriously.

If my kid did something like this, once we got home getting tazed would be the least of her worries. Again...serious.

Mother should have beat the kid’s ass silly while she was still convulsing.

This country is a mess because of poor parenting. Goddamnridiculous.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Interesting on the 7-70 law in Ohio. I didn't know that.

Not that I agree with tazing an 11 y/o, because I don't, but if that is the law there are other things to consider.

Like... what he did was lawful maybe? lol

Would be a good time to change the law IMO, but it certainly makes it hard to believe the payout if the act was lawful.

Yup I didn’t know it was a law either till today was running errands it was on talk radio. Yup agree with the payout and law.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Officer followed the rules. She was over 7 years old. Good work. Seriously.

If my kid did something like this, once we got home getting tazed would be the least of her worries. Again...serious.

Mother should have beat the kid’s ass silly while she was still convulsing.

This country is a mess because of poor parenting. Goddamnridiculous.

Agree, when I was younger my Dad always told me and my brother if you guys get arrested for stealing or whatever you will stay in jail I won’t bail you out.

Hell I had soap in my mouth for cussing at a baby sitters once now a days trouble.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Can you post the law? I couldn't find it thru google .

Ok so I googled and can’t find it either I’ll eat crow on that it’s what I heard on the radio. However according to multiple articles when I googled Ohio 7-70 tasing law enforcement it does seem he did follow the city of Cincinnati police protocol. However if he was off duty or working Kroger security that maybe what screwed him.

Officer Kevin Brown: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Zemedici

Established Member

doesn't seem to be a law, more so Cincinatti PD protocol

Cincinnati Police Are Allowed to Tase Suspects as Young as 7 Years Old

City policy, as reported by The Cincinnati Enquirer, lists age requirements for Taser use: "Officers should avoid using the Taser on obviously pregnant females and those individuals under the age of 7 or over the age of 70 due to the potential for these individuals to fall when incapacitated by a taser, unless the encounter rises to the level of a deadly force situation."

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
There is no "law" restricting it. The Cincinnati Police procedures manual simply states the department allows the officer to use a Taser to subdue a fleeing suspect.

https://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police/assets/File/Procedures/12545.pdf

Either way.....

There is a difference between what is legal.....and what is moral.

Even the chief of police in Cincinnati felt it was uncalled for, hence not only the restriction of duty but his public comment on the matter: “We are extremely concerned when force is used by one of our officers on a child of this age. We will be taking a very thorough review of our policies as it relates to using force on juveniles as well as the propriety of the officer’s actions.”

Zemedici

Established Member
There is no "law" restricting it. The Cincinnati Police procedures manual simply states the department allows the officer to use a Taser to subdue a fleeing suspect.

Either way.....

Even the chief of police in Cincinnati felt it was uncalled for, hence not only the restriction of duty but his public comment on the matter: “We are extremely concerned when force is used by one of our officers on a child of this age.”

eh.

Bet she thinks twice next time prior to stealing something.

Sucks it cost the taxpayers $240k though.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
eh.

Bet she thinks twice next time prior to stealing something.

Sucks it cost the taxpayers $240k though.
I hope she does. Not too late for her.

The money is a small loss compared to the rest of the aftermath. There are a lot of political hoops the chief now has to jump through to make sure this doesn't reflect on his officers as a whole.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Ok so I googled and can’t find it either I’ll eat crow on that it’s what I heard on the radio. However according to multiple articles when I googled Ohio 7-70 tasing law enforcement it does seem he did follow the city of Cincinnati police protocol. However if he was off duty or working Kroger security that maybe what screwed him.

Officer Kevin Brown: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

doesn't seem to be a law, more so Cincinatti PD protocol

Cincinnati Police Are Allowed to Tase Suspects as Young as 7 Years Old

City policy, as reported by The Cincinnati Enquirer, lists age requirements for Taser use: "Officers should avoid using the Taser on obviously pregnant females and those individuals under the age of 7 or over the age of 70 due to the potential for these individuals to fall when incapacitated by a taser, unless the encounter rises to the level of a deadly force situation."

Either way.....

Even the chief of police in Cincinnati felt it was uncalled for, hence not only the restriction of duty but his public comment on the matter: “We are extremely concerned when force is used by one of our officers on a child of this age. We will be taking a very thorough review of our policies as it relates to using force on juveniles as well as the propriety of the officer’s actions.”

Which leads to my next question. When a officer works an off duty gig does he have to follow the business he's working for policy? When I worked PT at a department store our LP wasn't allowed to touch people caught stealing, which I found weird, I mean how else are you supposed to stop them? For the most part, when people were caught they'd just follow the LP's commands, but every now and them people would push right through the LP and run. Man I miss that job, was always entertaining LOL.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
As far as I know, you have to follow your department's policies and the private party employer's policies.

Moonlighting in uniform opens both the department and the private party employer to civil liability.

Zemedici

Established Member
Which leads to my next question. When a officer works an off duty gig does he have to follow the business he's working for policy? When I worked PT at a department store our LP wasn't allowed to touch people caught stealing, which I found weird, I mean how else are you supposed to stop them? For the most part, when people were caught they'd just follow the LP's commands, but every now and them people would push right through the LP and run. Man I miss that job, was always entertaining LOL.

I think it depends on the situation, but it's one of those 'you represent the company, even when you're not working' type situations.

had that talk with many a boss lolololol

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

When I worked at Meijer at 14 LP could stop them but if they made it running or what not to the edge of the parking lot it was up too law enforcement then out of LP hands. Not sure about touching.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Good thing it was just a taser this time.

Stupid decisions everywhere. Bad on cop for being bad at security job and bad for tazing a kid in the back. Bad on kid for stealing from store.

CV355

_
Established Member

I think I posted this story before, but my sister worked at a KMart before they closed the vast majority of them in the country. She said that theft was always rampant and the police didn't have much of a presence in that particular "culturally enriched" area. Once it was announced that the store would be closing, the manager told all employees that theft would get worse, call theft prevention, and all they can do is take down license plates. She told me that the following days were sickening- one guy took in a shopping cart, loaded everything he could into it, and casually walked out without paying. They found the shopping cart a quarter mile up the street. She said that the girl in electronics was literally standing there watching this dude take everything he could out of the electronics cases (like cameras, etc).

My sister got written up one time for following someone out to their vehicle and taking pictures of their car and license plate.

I say let God sort 'em out, but then again I think he skipped town after he saw what a mess this planet was- like accidentally walking back into the bathroom after stinkin' it up.

Users who are viewing this thread