Thoughts on Twin Turbo install labor charges..

TRBO VNM

This whole scenario is absolutely typical. This is why every time I see a post asking if they should go turbo or a big fat supercharger I say "go with the supercharger". You just bolt the thing on and do the fuel system mods and tune.

Which should be the same for a turbo kit. It has for mine at least.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It would be nice to hear how this ended.

As far as the excessive labor, here's a question nobody asked. Had the shop done any turbo installs before on a Cobra? There was a local speed shop here who hurt his reputation big time a few years ago because not only did he overcharge on the labor for work done on a Mustang (the shop specialized in GM cars), but the work done was sub-par. The owner of the Mustang soon found out that his was the first Mustang done at the time. Word quickly got out for Mustang owners to not give this shop their business. Whenever I visited a shop with my Cobra I always asked up front how much work they had done on Cobras. Even before I asked for a quote.

zeusha

Established Member
Yeah, as everyone else said thats high. I have Twin Turboed 2 cars with a kit and with a custom setup and the most expensive was $10k out the door tuned, but included the kit. Your getting jobbed

Ptvenom

Established Member
Going Tuesday next week to see what numbers they have come up with. I appreciate the info from everyone. Sorry for the delay in reply. Work has been keeping me pretty busy. Will update next week after the trip to the shop.. Thanks again..

Zacharyx

Established Member
completely sucks for the OP, B&G built and installed my kit for $5000 ( and even did a couple little things like my cobra brake upgrade while it was there) and Akron HP picked the car up from B&G tuned and met me at the airport for $500.

Locally I have had friends quoted $5k or so to install a turbo kit

Users who are viewing this thread