throttlebody dyno results

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Originally posted by cbrtrx
i installed a billitflow throttlebody and plenum today and did some dyno testing, i made sure iat1 and 2 matched as well as ect temps on every run so the testing would be fair, end results were that the tb gave me almost 6 hp and 1 ftlb of torque from 5800 rpm to 6500 rpm then i took the tb off and put my stock one back on for 1 more run and it made more tq thru the powerband and 2 more hp then the aftermarket tb , airfuel did not change at all on every run so there is the results take it for what there worth i dont have dyno graphs to scan in but other members saw the results as well, mods are 2.80 pulley, c&l meter, offroad h pipe and catback

do you think your C&L Meter is a restriction at this point? Just courious .. Is the C&L also an aftermarket filter setup?

thanks,
Crowley

blwn88cpe

Established Member
Well I sure do hope they show some gains since I'm planning on getting a ported stock TB and plenum from Amazon.

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
I you read the article in the MM&FF where they put in the cams. They used the stock air meter and a modded TB but this car was making big 600HP numbers and then became in effecient at 700HP I am willing to bet that your car is like most, its not making enough power to utilize the big TB....

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: throttlebody dyno results

Originally posted by WUTWINE
nice peak gains, but I would like to see the gains per rpm. Rick was able to print out extra sheets for me to compare the different rpm ranges with the torq and hp. Almost like a spreadsheet type printout. That allowed me to really see what I picked up and not just peak. But that is the only graph I have seen posted so far for a BF.

Is it just me or does this look erratic as hell. yes it gets right down to making power but it looks like the ECU was going TOO MUCH AIR^ TOO MUCH FUEL V TOO MUCH AIR^ TOO MUCH FUEL V and the car made a alot of a/f changes because there was too much air flow present.....i am probably wrong but that is what it looks like to me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by SID297
The Billitflow ones are better quality.
I agree, but the Accufab is very close and I was very happy with mine. ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by plan b
I have personally seen a billetflow TB show a 22 hp gain and similar tq gain done back to back without a cool down. I think it is a worthy mod for the looks alone, not to mention improved throttle response.
I'd love to see the dyno sheet on that. Not saying it isn't so but 22rwhp with a throttle body/plenum (Billetflow or Accufab) is a bit of a stretch. :??:

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
i installed a billitflow throttlebody and plenum today and did some dyno testing, i made sure iat1 and 2 matched as well as ect temps on every run so the testing would be fair, end results were that the tb gave me almost 6 hp and 1 ftlb of torque from 5800 rpm to 6500 rpm then i took the tb off and put my stock one back on for 1 more run and it made more tq thru the powerband and 2 more hp then the aftermarket tb , airfuel did not change at all on every run so there is the results take it for what there worth i dont have dyno graphs to scan in but other members saw the results as well, mods are 2.80 pulley, c&l meter, offroad h pipe and catback

Thankx for the info Chris:rockon:

Trust me guys hes ANAL when it comes to this stuff.........so its as close as possible to real as it gets.
But I know your car is a Freak of science though and your making to much power anyways............I wonder if it will make power on my car though:idea:

No wonder your car looked so fast in the Video:beer:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member

I hate to say this but the minor differences in the run numbers can certainly be attributed to the "throw of the dice" that can always occur between dyno run instances.....I don't think the net-spread of the numbers is that much different to say the TB made even the slightest difference in either a good or a bad direction. Too bad :(

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I'd love to see the dyno sheet on that. Not saying it isn't so but 22rwhp with a throttle body/plenum (Billetflow or Accufab) is a bit of a stretch.
I agree. After seeing cbrtrx dyno, I also think 22rwhp is a stretch.

I was there when cbrtrx was on the dyno. I wanted to make sure this test was as accurate as possible. cbrtrx did two baseline runs to make sure we knew what the car was putting down. Everything was the same for each run. Cool down time was about the same. If anything, the car had more of a cool down time on the BF throttle body run because it sat for 5-10 minutes longer while cbrtrx was putting on the single blade.

But for each run cbrtrx made sure everything was the same. He monitered the temps with his predator. Each run, the engine coolant was the same temp and the IAT 2 temps were also the same. And of course, the dyno run was done on the same day and the same dyno (obviously).

Like he said, he gained about 5-6rwhp and 1 rwtq. He gained the 5-6rwhp up top, he gained almost nothing under the curve, maybe 1rwhp here or there. And his a/f was exactly the same.

So in conclusion, the single blade TB's are good if you want to maximize every last single HP you can. And they do look extremely nice, especially the billetflow ones. But if you want bang for your buck mods, then a TB should not be first on your list since more and more people are starting to find out they are only getting 4-7rwhp from them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
I agree. After seeing cbrtrx dyno, I also think 22rwhp is a stretch.

I was there when cbrtrx was on the dyno. I wanted to make sure this test was as accurate as possible. cbrtrx did two baseline runs to make sure we knew what the car was putting down. Everything was the same for each run. Cool down time was about the same. If anything, the car had more of a cool down time on the BF throttle body run because it sat for 5-10 minutes longer while cbrtrx was putting on the single blade.

But for each run cbrtrx made sure everything was the same. He monitered the temps with his predator. Each run, the engine coolant was the same temp and the IAT 2 temps were also the same. And of course, the dyno run was done on the same day and the same dyno (obviously).

Like he said, he gained about 5-6rwhp and 1 rwtq. He gained the 5-6rwhp up top, he gained almost nothing under the curve, maybe 1rwhp here or there. And his a/f was exactly the same.

So in conclusion, the single blade TB's are good if you want to maximize every last single HP you can. And they do look extremely nice, especially the billetflow ones. But if you want bang for your buck mods, then a TB should not be first on your list since more and more people are starting to find out they are only getting 4-7rwhp from them.
Now that's the truth. Spoken by more than a few people here, too. ;-)

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Here is my experience. I dynod my car after the apten and it had a home ported stock TB I did myself and a Ported stock plenum that apten did, and a JLT RAI, not the CAI with an open ended filter, this was in March. The temp was alot cooler on these runs, in the low 70 degree range inside with probably 30 degree temps outside. The car made 496/488TQ SAE

Fast forward to this summer, in July I have a Billetflow TB and Plenum, back to stock Intake Tube no JLT Setup, the temp inside the dynostall is in the high 80's, and in the 70's outside. Same tune and the car makes 500whp 476TQ SAE.

Think what you want, im not sure what to make of it, The car has lost some tq, but the peak #'s show that the car makes more power from 5200+ without a doubt. Not sure if there is too many variables involved in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread