Time capsule mystic

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, 7 miles! I'd love to know what their price is on this gem. Likely not for the faint of heart, price wise. Lots of great photos, but I couldn't help but notice all of the surface rust on the undercarriage. This car likely never saw a drop of water but the rust and corrosion still makes its mark. Wonder if the car was properly sealed in a moisture free enclosure over all the years. Nice find!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Very cool that a 7 mile Mystic exists 24+ years later. I’m sure it’s an easy $50k. You wouldn’t be able to take this car for an occasional cruise without the value dropping precipitously. I fired my 400 mile Mystic up just 2 days ago for the 1st time in about a year.

As for the undercarriage rust... my iPad wasn’t compatible with their site so I couldn’t see the pics. Cars not stored in a dry, climate controlled environment will get bottom-side corrosion. My 140 mile 94 Indy Pace Cobra vert had this problem. It took many long days over 7 months to solve that problem!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

As for the undercarriage rust... my iPad wasn’t compatible with their site so I couldn’t see the pics. Cars not stored in a dry, climate controlled environment will get bottom-side corrosion. My 140 mile 94 Indy Pace Cobra vert had this problem. It took many long days over 7 months to solve that problem!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking must have happened, which I why I mentioned the moisture-free enclosure.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
A friend of mine bought a 10 mile 1979 T/A quite a few years back and sold it to a Museum. That was a pretty cool car but you just couldn't drive it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I'd be so tempted to want to drive this one. If I was a collector, I could probably let it sit in my dream garage, but if it was a loner, or one of two specimens, it just wouldn't be worth my inner pain to not be able to drive it at least locally. Because that would put a big dent in the value.
upload_2020-6-30_7-57-35.png

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Welcome to Michigan boys. Even with a heated garage the ground under the concrete will produce some moisture, especially in thw winter months.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That IS the same one. Both state #190 of 2,000 Mystics produced. Both have the same photos. Same VIN.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Agreed, I was attempting to put forth some sarcastic humor (ha)

Fantastic car, with the surprising faults.

That IS the same one. Both state #190 of 2,000 Mystics produced. Both have the same photos. Same VIN.

Users who are viewing this thread