Tinted Windshield? Also covertable tinted window gets get in here ----->>>

mike96gtvert

Established Member
two questions.

1. if you tinted your front windshield, what percentage did you use? and do you like how it came out.

2. if you have a convertible, with regards to your side windows did you.

a. Tint your side windows all the same percentage.

or

b. Do the back side rear windows and back window, darker then the driver and passenger windows?
Like make the back darker then the two front sides? and how did you like or dislike it?

thanks in advance for your feedback.

stiffler197

Hollow Point Racing
Established Member
The side windows and Rear window on my car are all 5%. Freind of mine did 35 on his windshield

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
I did 35 on my terminator windshield. I loved how it looked but visibility was poor at night lol

LDC2335

Established Member
Did not do front, but I have 15 percent on windshield banner/eyebrow and rear window. I have 20 on all side windows.

It's perfect.

I wouldn't go much darker. Night time visibility is right at the limit for me.

They do make 55 watt replacement back up lights though which would be great with my rear camera.

Last edited:

MustangMatt77

Established Member
30% on windshield, 20% everywhere else. I like it.
A bit harder to see at night. Backing up in the dark is a PITA.

if I see a cop coming I do roll the windows down to let more light in, then roll them back up once I pass.

Last edited:

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
My truck has 50% on the windshield, I really like it. I wish my car was done that way too.

20redfire03

Established Member
30% on windshield, 20% everywhere else. I like it.
A bit harder to see at night. Backing up in the dark is a PITA.

if I see a cop coming I do roll the windows down to let more light in, then roll them back up once I pass.

I should have rolled my windows down Friday passing a cop as he decided to pull for tint. Gotta love fresh out of academy troopers. Every other for the last 8-9 months haven't given a 2nd look even though the limit is 50% and I had 20% all around.

Last edited:

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I have 5% all around including side windows and rear convertible window with just a 5% brow on my windshield. Wish I had done 35% on the windshield. Sucks backing up at night lol

debo075

The big spoon
Established Member
I have had both 50 and 35% on the windshield and always go 5% all the way around. I will echo the sentiment that backing up SUCKS at night. 50% on windshield is hardly noticeable but 35% takes a bit to get used to - I often rolled down my front windows when making turns in dark areas just to be sure nobody was in the road. When I get the Cobra re-tinted I will probably stick to just 50% on the windshield primarily for UV protection.

mike96gtvert

Established Member
i did notice that the front of the inside of the windshield has small dots on your mustangs?

any problem with these during the tinting of the front windshield?

mike96gtvert

Established Member
Did not do front, but I have 15 percent on windshield banner/eyebrow and rear window. I have 20 on all side windows.

It's perfect.

I wouldn't go much darker. Night time visibility is right at the limit for me.

They do make 55 watt replacement back up lights though which would be great with my rear camera.

so you have the same tint on all the sides. Do you like it?

do you wish you would a went darker for the two back side windows and lighter for the driver and passenger side window?

mike96gtvert

Established Member
Window-Tinting-Film-Explained.jpg

F8L BYT

Established Member
I have 15-20% all around and 35% on my windshield and it is perfect! I don't know why I went so long without having a tinted windshield. I'll never own a car without it again. I also have HID's with smoked headlights and I can see just fine, but again I'm not 65 years old either haha

Mach828

Established Member
^^ That above photo is not at all accurate, you can see well in the day with 5%.

I've had 40% on the windshield and thought it was great. I like 40-50% on windshield, 10% on front doors, and 5% everywhere else.

Agree on once you have a tinted front windshield you'll never want a clear windshield again.

LDC2335

Established Member
so you have the same tint on all the sides. Do you like it?

do you wish you would a went darker for the two back side windows and lighter for the driver and passenger side window?

Yes. All 20 percent on side windows. 28 or 35 is the law here I think. I didn't want to push it.

Two shades on side windows would have probably looked okay with 15 and 20, but 5 and 20 would have been more noticeable and bothered me.

Like. I said. My back window is 15 and I can't see inside from the outside. It's plenty dark for me.

I never thought about 50 on the windshield. That might not be too bad.

RPM4DAZ

Because stock sucks!!
Established Member
Since your in California I'll give you the legal schpeal. You can not legally tint the two front side windows or windshield. Now with that irritating crap done with, here is what I have done. My Cobra (96) has 50% on both front side windows and 20% on the rear quarter windows and back glass. I have the same on my '07 Sport Trac and '05 convertible. I also tinted the windshields on the Sport Trac and convertible. The windshields are just 70%. It is hardly noticeable at all, but, does make a difference on heat resistance and UV blocking. You could maybe get away with 50%, but you know the highway patrol... Oh, do not have any ceramic tint installed on laminated glass ( windshield ). It could cause separation/cracking according to Luminar and 3M... They said it has something to do with the way the heat is contained or something to that effect.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
50% on Windshield.. Requires Projectors and HID's to be able to see anything at night... If the car is anywhere near DD, do 70% on the windshield, preferably a metalized film.. It will still keep a TON of heat out and cut down on glare.. My truck was 70 and was perfect for dd duty..

dat face by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I do the windshields in 35% it looks sweet

Try to do the same shade on all windows look the best to me:coolman:

mike96gtvert

Established Member
50% on Windshield.. Requires Projectors and HID's to be able to see anything at night... If the car is anywhere near DD, do 70% on the windshield, preferably a metalized film.. It will still keep a TON of heat out and cut down on glare.. My truck was 70 and was perfect for dd duty..

dat face by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

im thinking of 70% on the windshield...heavily, with 50% windshield far behind.

Im still deciding on the side windows...to have them in

1.two different tints for all 4 side windows. Or have 2 front sides tint @35% and the back rear side windows and rear window at like 15-20%.

2. Or have all four side windows and rear at like 15-20%

Hmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread