Tinted Windshield? Also covertable tinted window gets get in here ----->>>

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
im thinking of 70% on the windshield...heavily, with 50% windshield far behind.

Im still deciding on the side windows...to have them in

1.two different tints for all 4 side windows. Or have 2 front sides tint @35% and the back rear side windows and rear window at like 15-20%.

2. Or have all four side windows and rear at like 15-20%

Hmmmmm
I can't stand different shades on the sides.. All 3 of my cars are 20% all around.. Only the Cobra has a tinted windshield anymore. If you have projectors and hids it isn't bad... Without them it is terrible. You'll always have the guy that has 35 up front that tries to tell you he can see just fine and he's full of shit..

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Any of you get sparking in the windshield with the tint? That's why I didn't do mine when I heard about that even with the 70%

mike96gtvert

Established Member
I can't stand different shades on the sides.. All 3 of my cars are 20% all around.. Only the Cobra has a tinted windshield anymore. If you have projectors and hids it isn't bad... Without them it is terrible. You'll always have the guy that has 35 up front that tries to tell you he can see just fine and he's full of shit..

I know I know.

im thinking of the different shades, or not having the different shades. And wondering how much i am going to hate them.

But being in California I think I may have to. :(

Last edited:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I just did 15% in the back and sides on my daily.

Windshield was 50% with 3M crystalline and from the inside nobody could tell that it was tinted. Helped keep the heat and UV rays out of the car (so it won't destroy the dash and leather), especially with the windshield sun shade. I bought the vette with no tint and I live in Florida... made a HUGE difference.

When I redo the tint on the Cobra I'll be doing the same thing as well.

SVTORANGE

Established Member

Windshield was 50% with 3M crystalline and from the inside nobody could tell that it was tinted. Helped keep the heat and UV rays out of the car (so it won't destroy the dash and leather), especially with the windshield sun shade. I bought the vette with no tint and I live in Florida... made a HUGE difference.

Love your Vette:beer:

mike96gtvert

Established Member

was 50% too dark? or just right? for the windshield.

thanks.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Love your Vette:beer:

Right back at ya!

Thanks!

was 50% too dark? or just right? for the windshield.

thanks.

Just perfect.

From the outside looking in, it was just the right amount of tint.

When sitting inside and looking out, literally no change to visibility... day or night. It's confused passengers and I've gotten the line "wait, I thought you tinted the windshield?" several times.

The only reason I had the front windshield removed was because I was not satisfied with the tint around the border/dot matrix (quality of install). Guy told me to wait a month to let it settle and see if it grew on me, and earlier this week I had it removed. I'll be getting it retinted by someone else ASAP, same %.

mike96gtvert

Established Member
just perfect hu?

so go with 50%?

dam, im looking at prices for the 3m crystalline and the prices seem crazy. I think its going to be wayy to much for that spefic brand.

uhh

snkbitn24

Established Member
35% on the windshield and doors, 20% on rear. Tint is hardly noticeable with top up but you can definitely tell with the top Down! I wouldn't change it

Users who are viewing this thread