To drive it? or not to drive it?

dcgtconv

Established Member
Well, it doesn't seem like you're 'suffering' all that much, hahahaha! You still have some toys available....................

I love Canada; born in Halifax, NS many years ago. Still visit often. My father just celebrated his 100th birthday up there. He got a speeding ticket from the Mounties 6 months ago, at age 99. Maybe he'll buy your 2000R!!!! ;)

-
That’s awesome, hope I am still speeding at 99!

TFStang

Established Member
Thanks everyone for their replies. I have decided to keep the 2000R for now. I am going to purge my 69 SCJ and 90 7 up and search for a 2020 GT 500. This isolation time is giving me to much time to think lol.

Great decision. The new GT500 will be fun! Stick around and keep us posted.

flattrack53

Established Member
I didn’t drive my car for the first 2-3 years of owning it. I ended up pulling all of the wrappers off and did a 150 mile tour through the mountains with the Mid Atlantic Cobra Group. It now has 4500 miles...

My dad had the lowest mileage 427 cobra in the world and sold it in the early 2000’s with 730 miles. He had absolutely no joy of owning the car over the 20 years it sat in the garage. People flew from all over the world to see it but that was it... The day the transport truck came and picked it up he had to drive the cobra 2 miles to the truck for the pick up. It blew a coolant line and the brakes failed. LOL!

Drive your cars and enjoy it for what they are.

dcgtconv

Established Member
I didn’t drive my car for the first 2-3 years of owning it. I ended up pulling all of the wrappers off and did a 150 mile tour through the mountains with the Mid Atlantic Cobra Group. It now has 4500 miles...

My dad had the lowest mileage 427 cobra in the world and sold it in the early 2000’s with 730 miles. He had absolutely no joy of owning the car over the 20 years it sat in the garage. People flew from all over the world to see it but that was it... The day the transport truck came and picked it up he had to drive the cobra 2 miles to the truck for the pick up. It blew a coolant line and the brakes failed. LOL!

Thanks for sharing, my car will definitely see a little sunshine this summer. I am sure it will feel a little weird driving it more than the customary 2 mile loop I have been doing every fall to keep things lubed up.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I am going to purge my 69 SCJ and 90 7 up and search for a 2020 GT 500.
You are going to love the 2020 GT500... it’s an amazing machine!

Here are some videos I made with mine if you are interested:

Lots of spirited driving in this one:

dcgtconv

Established Member

Oh you bugger, that’s one of the two colours I have short listed, other one is black. I am jealous- for now lol.

Goose17

Established Member
Oh you bugger, that’s one of the two colours I have short listed, other one is black. I am jealous- for now lol.
Keep in mind that all of those sexy black features on the front fascia completely disappear with a black car. Normally black looks good on a Shelby GT500 or Mustang Cobra, but it is my least favorite on the 2020.

dcgtconv

Established Member
Keep in mind that all of those sexy black features on the front fascia completely disappear with a black car. Normally black looks good on a Shelby GT500 or Mustang Cobra, but it is my least favorite on the 2020.
Good point, something to consider for sure

TFStang

Established Member

is that the Cobra Herb Chambers owns? I know he purchased a red 427 with under 900 miles. Thought it was the lowest mile 427 Cobra in existence.

dcgtconv

Established Member

Awesome videos Goose! I cant wait, but it looks like I am going to have to exercise some patience as finding a 2020 in my neck of the woods is proving difficult. working with a dealer on securing a spot for a 2021. He is saying that there is some rumblings about this being only a 2 year run, so they are not looking to ease up on the dealer premiums. he said for the 2020 orders, which they had 7 allocations, they had premiums from 7,500 to 10,000. they started at 30,000 and nobody bit. but now he is saying that if this is the last year they want $20,000. we are still talking and I am also looking at other dealers too. Has anyone heard about a two year only run for the GT500?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I wouldn't drive the 00R. You are going to lose value based on your miles. Sell it once the virus is over.

I sold a 69 CJ Mach back in 2002 and bought the 95R in my avatar. My Mach was a garage queen. I have had so much fun with the R and don't regret selling the Mach at all. And I definitely don't miss the leaky Holley carb!

Tom

flattrack53

Established Member
is that the Cobra Herb Chambers owns? I know he purchased a red 427 with under 900 miles. Thought it was the lowest mile 427 Cobra in existence.

No, this one was British Racing Green. CSX3330. It was a non SC car. My dad sold it to Paul Andrews around 2004 with 730 miles. The only thing that wasn’t original was the battery. Paul immediately flipped the car and it went to some Asian in California. The idiot cut the body on the car and put side pipes on it along with a sweet chrome hoop. He than sold it to a guy in Philadelphia who currently owns the car and removed the side pipes. It’s actually pretty sad.

TFStang

Established Member
No, this one was British Racing Green. CSX3330. It was a non SC car. My dad sold it to Paul Andrews around 2004 with 730 miles. The only thing that wasn’t original was the battery. Paul immediately flipped the car and it went to some Asian in California. The idiot cut the body on the car and put side pipes on it along with a sweet chrome hoop. He than sold it to a guy in Philadelphia who currently owns the car and removed the side pipes. It’s actually pretty sad.

That was painful to read. Any pics that you can post? Would love to see a 7 figure Cobra that was previously owned by a member.

Goose17

Established Member
Awesome videos Goose! I cant wait, but it looks like I am going to have to exercise some patience as finding a 2020 in my neck of the woods is proving difficult. working with a dealer on securing a spot for a 2021. He is saying that there is some rumblings about this being only a 2 year run, so they are not looking to ease up on the dealer premiums. he said for the 2020 orders, which they had 7 allocations, they had premiums from 7,500 to 10,000. they started at 30,000 and nobody bit. but now he is saying that if this is the last year they want $20,000. we are still talking and I am also looking at other dealers too. Has anyone heard about a two year only run for the GT500?
I follow the 2020 GT500 very closely. There are rumors, but they are only rumors and it’s possible the dealer is using the rumor to try and squeeze more ADM $ out of you. I’d be surprised if the newest GT500 only ends up being a 2-year run. A TON of R&D time & money went into developing this amazing car. It is a radical improvement over the 07-14 GT500. I truly hope Ford makes these for a handful of years. You’ll love it when you finally land one... it’s Epic!

TFStang

Established Member
I follow the 2020 GT500 very closely. There are rumors, but they are only rumors and it’s possible the dealer is using the rumor to try and squeeze more ADM $ out of you. I’d be surprised if the newest GT500 only ends up being a 2-year run. A TON of R&D time & money went into developing this amazing car. It is a radical improvement over the 07-14 GT500. I truly hope Ford makes these for a handful of years. You’ll love it when you finally land one... it’s Epic!
Any pics of the garage with the new snake lined up with the others? I’m sure that is quite a site. Please share.

Goose17

Established Member
Any pics of the garage with the new snake lined up with the others? I’m sure that is quite a site. Please share.
8-A42-C2-AE-9-F5-C-4360-B4-B2-03-BFD9-A1-FA22.jpg

8-FE86245-AA46-494-E-BCEA-CF91-C7-CF1543.jpg

20-D7-C3-E0-9023-4-E2-C-A760-113-D08511547.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread