Too much for stock motor?

DSG04Mach1

9 Sec Cobra
Established Member
I'd be worried that the stress would just cause the motor to fail after a period of time on only 8 pounds. Then again, maybe if it was going to fail due to stress it would fail the first time you went WOT. You don't think adding boost (even low boost like 6-8 pounds) causes slow breakdown of the motor over time?

Dude sure you are taking a risk but once again it comes down to driving habits and what kind of tune you get. It's not like you are in boost all the time. When you are driving the car normal the car does not even know there's a blower on it....:sleeping:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Dude sure you are taking a risk but once again it comes down to driving habits and what kind of tune you get. It's not like you are in boost all the time. When you are driving the car normal the car does not even know there's a blower on it....:sleeping:

What he said....:beer: Hey man we are not on these forums to bash people we are on here to help each other out. When you came on here ranting and bashing the MACH, well you got everyone's attention. All of us are speaking from experience and you can learn alot from some of the guys on here. :thumbsup:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

What he said....:beer: Hey man we are not on these forums to bash people we are on here to help each other out. When you came on here ranting and bashing the MACH, well you got everyone's attention. All of us are speaking from experience and you can learn alot from some of the guys on here. :thumbsup:

Yep.....I agree with both above.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
I'd be worried that the stress would just cause the motor to fail after a period of time on only 8 pounds. Then again, maybe if it was going to fail due to stress it would fail the first time you went WOT. You don't think adding boost (even low boost like 6-8 pounds) causes slow breakdown of the motor over time?

every time you take your car out, you are putting stress on it... RPM is one of the biggest killer of motors (next to detonation of course).. you need to relax and just trust me (or someone if you choose).. you will be fine!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
every time you take your car out, you are putting stress on it... RPM is one of the biggest killer of motors (next to detonation of course).. you need to relax and just trust me (or someone if you choose).. you will be fine!

Good points Bob........:beer:

Spartacus

Banned
:poke: im not calling you a lier, so dont think that. but, i wanted to know if you still have that slip.
because, i trap at 83mph with my mods and that was with 1.9 60'. and thats a motor run. but with no suspention or good tires, i cant see 1.7's the first time trying.

I havent been on here for almost a week, so I have to rebutle late. I have been moving this week and I am still trying to organize my garage shit and my house shit. When I find those slips (I hope I kept them) I will post them just for you Red! I dont like it when people question my integrity so ill just squash this right now. Ever think that maybe there are better drivers than yourself!? It was my first time at the track, not my first run down the track. I made few passes before I really got in sync with my car. My buddies said my car was getting traction ridiculously fast, it would just squat and go, very little tire spin. My very first pass my 60' was like 2.1 or something ridiculous like that. I swear to you, I ran 1.7 60' with a trap speed of 80mph on street tires! Remember every track is different and so is every environment (grippy, altitude, etc...). Just because someone thinks they are a great driver and then gets beat doesnt mean the other person is a liar or a cheat. :bored:

JMach1

Established Member
I've been debating on putting an ATI procharger on my Mach 1. I've heard mixed answers from multiple people. From needing forged internals to it depends on the tune and how you drive. I've looked into Meth Injection, but still thinking possibly an intercooler since the kit that a friend has off of his Mach has everything included. Just a large debate since there are so many mixed opinions.:shrug:

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
no, there not BAD for your engine, unless you turn up the boost. thats plan and simple. just dont go for more than 8psi and you will be good for along time, unless you cant stay off the rev limiter.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I've been debating on putting an ATI procharger on my Mach 1. I've heard mixed answers from multiple people. From needing forged internals to it depends on the tune and how you drive. I've looked into Meth Injection, but still thinking possibly an intercooler since the kit that a friend has off of his Mach has everything included. Just a large debate since there are so many mixed opinions.:shrug:

I running 10 PSI on a 3.4" pulley and I have the 3 core intercooler. My tuner tuned my car to 11.1 A/F Ratio at WOT with 12 degrees of timing. I am happy with my 462 rwhp and 461 rwtq. My torque numbers were a little higher then most but he also told me I had one of the strongest stock mach's he had ever tuned. I was like a proud Father on delivery day....:beer: It's been a blast to drive since I have blown it and it's nice knowing you have that extra power if you need it....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

no, there not BAD for your engine, unless you turn up the boost. thats plan and simple. just dont go for more than 8psi and you will be good for along time, unless you cant stay off the rev limiter.

I running 10 PSI on a 3.4" pulley and I have the 3 core intercooler. My tuner tuned my car to 11.1 A/F Ratio at WOT with 12 degrees of timing. I am happy with my 462 rwhp and 461 rwtq. My torque numbers were a little higher then most but he also told me I had one of the strongest stock mach's he had ever tuned. I was like a proud Father on delivery day....:beer: It's been a blast to drive since I have blown it and it's nice knowing you have that extra power if you need it....:thumbsup:

:beer::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread