Too much for stock motor?

Spartacus

Banned
:lol:

He's obviously never heard of traction or weight transfer...then again....I would believe he would make that comment....seems how he ran a 2.5 60'

I think I can run a 2.5 60'

Lets ask him if he thinks battery relocation is stupid too???

He's the kinda idiot that would actually try a brake reduction to save weight! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, such a troll.

BM1

Established Member
um no...you can't drive for shit.

BTW - you like my new signature Quote?........LOL...maybe I should toss in the bold tires comments too. I guess lower PSI in tires is pointless like drag springs.

It's all pointless. If I sprayed a 200 shot on my Mach it might touch high 12s at 110 MPH if it could make it past the 60' mark without blowing up.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
It's all pointless. If I sprayed a 200 shot on my Mach it might touch high 12s at 110 MPH if it could make it past the 60' mark without blowing up.

HOLY CRAP..something you have said that is correct. However, so there is no misleading...I would like to add that your comment is 100% accurate......IF YOU WERE DRIVING.

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
btw, I ran the 1/8th track (we dont have any 1/4's near me) on stock everything all the way down to the air box, and on street tires, and trapped 80mph with a 60' of 1.7 and that was my very first time at the track, ever! ...soooo, there you go. "black mach 1" = bad driver.
Quit bitching already!

:poke: im not calling you a lier, so dont think that. but, i wanted to know if you still have that slip.
because, i trap at 83mph with my mods and that was with 1.9 60'. and thats a motor run. but with no suspention or good tires, i cant see 1.7's the first time trying.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
Your stock motor will eventually pop if you put a blower on it. Period.

Expect to spend $10,000+ when it's all said and done for a new bottom end including the blower kit.

It's not worth it at all.

i need to jump into this conversation!

Brian, this is Bob Kurgan... You are wrong about a few things here. I have tuned a number of blown Mach 1's with GREAT success.. Pete (Drenath) has a mach 1 with an eaton (from an 03/04 cobra) on it that makes 450rwhp and he has been driving it for over 2yrs with no problems.. He beats the living crap out of his car and revs it past 7,000 rpm.. Its all in the tune (and you know you got the right guy doing it).. lets just put a vortech on it with meth injection and go racing..

also, i have a mach1 from this area that makes similar power to you (i have even overlayed them on the dyno and he has like 5hp on you) and he has gone 11.70s with slicks and driving the $hit out of it..

Dont mean to rain on your parade, but i just wanted to let you know of my experiences!

thanks bob

Mach1Marauder

Banned
BlackMach1 is a 23 yr old computer nerd that doesn't know his azz from a hole in the ground.
I haven't see the fugger make one correct statement yet!

spy photo of him at his group therapy. ;)
blackmachnewb.gif

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
i need to jump into this conversation!

Brian, this is Bob Kurgan... You are wrong about a few things here. I have tuned a number of blown Mach 1's with GREAT success.. Pete (Drenath) has a mach 1 with an eaton (from an 03/04 cobra) on it that makes 450rwhp and he has been driving it for over 2yrs with no problems.. He beats the living crap out of his car and revs it past 7,000 rpm.. Its all in the tune (and you know you got the right guy doing it).. lets just put a vortech on it with meth injection and go racing..

also, i have a mach1 from this area that makes similar power to you (i have even overlayed them on the dyno and he has like 5hp on you) and he has gone 11.70s with slicks and driving the $hit out of it..

Dont mean to rain on your parade, but i just wanted to let you know of my experiences!

thanks bob

Thanks for posting that Bob. I am sure it wasn't easy for you to do.

BM1

Established Member
Price quote on Vortech kit only? How does the meth injection work? Do you have to fill that up all the time?

Why can't I just use an intercooler and not mess with it?

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
Price quote on Vortech kit only? How does the meth injection work? Do you have to fill that up all the time?

call me on monday.. we can discuss options.. we can do an intercooler, but i have a tuner kit that I put together thats MUCH cheaper then their intercooled kit..

look forward to hearing from you!

thanks bob

BM1

Established Member
call me on monday.. we can discuss options.. we can do an intercooler, but i have a tuner kit that I put together thats MUCH cheaper then their intercooled kit..

look forward to hearing from you!

thanks bob

I'll have to buy it in chunks so I don't drop a huge amount all at once. I was thinking I'd just buy the tuner kit first to get the ball rolling.

I'll give you a call as soon as I get some time to get prices. I want to be supercharged by next summer so I'll want to get the parts together over winter. IDC will be doing a new clutch for me in the spring so that part will be done.

Last edited:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member

Wow! what a change in attitude! Now you want a blower???? First I would like to say thanks to Bob for coming on here and backing us up.

eenster

Established Member
take my car for example... bought a vortech tuner kit from bob kurgan, meth injected, intake temp was 86* with the meth and 189* with out... probibaly seeing around 10 pounds o boost.... on a very good tune

car just went 11.59 at 117 W/ a 1.709 60' through a stalled auto...

id feel very comfortable driving this car everyday... its all in the tune

ohh +1000 on the driver mod over other mods... your car should be much faster than a high 13........

STOCK AUTO WENT 13.5 ON STOCK TIRES
dont cut your car down when its the driver that has the problem...

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
I'd be worried that the stress would just cause the motor to fail after a period of time on only 8 pounds. Then again, maybe if it was going to fail due to stress it would fail the first time you went WOT. You don't think adding boost (even low boost like 6-8 pounds) causes slow breakdown of the motor over time?

Users who are viewing this thread