Took Delivery of our 15 EcoBoost Mustang today!

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We are glad to say we have joined the S550 club, and with an EcoBoost model at that!

Recently we have been putting much of our experience towards upsizing the power from some downsized powerplants. So it was a no-brainer that the new 2015 Mustang equipped with the 2.3L EcoBoost is next on our list. We just took delivery of our development car today and have already hit the dyno with it. Of course, coming up, will be our world renowned EcoBoost tuning. We can't wait to see what we can untap from this engine!

Check out the video below of our baseline run we did, and let us know what's on your wish-list for this new engine!

[video=youtube;3jdJNtJ9XLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdJNtJ9XLM[/video]

Banner1_zps88dd63a3.jpg

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Your 93v10t tune for the 3.5EB still puts a smile on my face. keep up the good work!

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't want to speak for Livernois but it looks like an auto from their video above.

Voltwings

Established Member
Awesome. I'd like to see an upgraded compressor wheel.

Better yet, some sort of hybrid. BNR turbos basically take stock turbine sides and add upgraded compressor sides for a very solid bang for buck performance. They're HUGELY popular with the Ms3 and cobalt crowd, and with the unique architecture of the EB twin scroll i could see them being a viable option here as well. http://bnrsupercars.com/

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We just wanted to share an update with you all. Tuning is well underway, and we have some results to share with you. Keep in mind, we are still working on getting it perfect, but the gains we have seen so far have been impressive to say the least.

2015EcoboostMustang_zps748a8195.jpg

Stock, as you see reported here, was an impressive, but not earth shattering 233hp/261tq. Considering the car was brand new, and an auto, definitely respectable.

Fast forward to today, and we have achieved 322hp/328tq!

Thats a peak vs. peak gain of 89hp, and 67tq!

While that is impressive, the real story here are the actual peak gains which were 122hp/111tq, and as you can see the power band is extended out much further, extending the usable range and eliminating the "out of steam" feeling the car had at high RPM when stock.

Just think, we aren't even done yet, so keep an eye out for our finished product!

jacker1991

Established Member
Holy Shit!!!!!!!

Is it a Tune only or have you guys done anything else to the car?(If you are allowed to say)

Great job! :D

Coming Up

WeStayClean
Established Member
dang, so a stock ecoboost is a turd too.

amazing what you guys are doing to save this platform.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Yeah I want details on what all was done. Obviously the boost was bumped way up.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Holy Shit!!!!!!!

Is it a Tune only or have you guys done anything else to the car?(If you are allowed to say)

Great job! :D

Tune only so far. We have some other items in the works, but for now, it is just our tune, and an early revision at that. We are still plugging away.

Awesome work!

Thank you!

I hope they have better wheel options, were those the basic wheels?

Standard wheels on the EcoBoost Premium. If we do anything it'll be a drag wheel for the track. We definitely subscribe to the speak softly and carry a big stick mentality. Look as stock and plain as you can, and absolutely annihilate the "fast looking" car next to you.

Those curves look a bit choppy. I wonder why

Pretty normal with any EB engine. it's the way it controls boost.

Yeah I want details on what all was done. Obviously the boost was bumped way up.

Actually, there is not much change in boost. I don't have the specifics for everything (as we change hundreds upon hundreds of things in a completed calibration), but I know in all the EB platforms we build we only add a few more lbs since that is only a small area of where the power comes from. Plus, too much boost and all it does is put heat into the engine as the intercooler can't keep up.

nordy racer

Established Member
amazing numbers guys.. I have always said that these Eco Mustangs are going to be the best bang for your buck when Ford stated they were going to make them.. I hope to get one in 2016 when my 2012 is paid up..

Steveespo

Established Member
Not to be down but won't a stock GT still be better than tuned EB? I like the concept but would like the F150 EB motor in there with a tune, then again that weighs the same as the 5.0. Hard to beat a Coyote, best Ford V8 ever.

Users who are viewing this thread