Took Delivery of our 15 EcoBoost Mustang today!

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Holy shit... So basically, this thing is going to make it into the 11s with basic weight reduction, bone stock with a tune? May have to re-think which Mustang I'm going to be buying...

I NEED to see what this thing can do with bolt ons, suspension work and a good converter. Probably is going to get high 30mpg for DD use too...

Buster

Established Member
Very impressive. I can't wait to see your progress in the next few months..

bigjohns97

Established Member
WOW this really is amazing, I guess ford knew what it was doing not putting a v6 ecoboost model out when just a few mods would have put it well over what a 5.0 could do.

Can you imagine a 5.0 ecoboost, that thing would be seriously nasty.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
First 11-Second 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
11.8 @ 114mph!

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering, holder of more EcoBoost related records than any other company, has set another one this week! We have set the record for being the first 11-second 2015 EcoBoost Mustang, also making it the World’s Quickest and Fastest 2015 EcoBoost powered Mustang! The foundation of this record setting pass was our custom tuning using our MyCalibrator tuning device.

Video coming soon!

10363743_844876665564697_4379912317412148916_n.jpg

Here are the mods for this 11.81 runs, and some interesting facts about it:

First 11-second EcoBoost Mustang
Quickest EcoBoost powered vehicle in the 1/4 mile
Race Gas Tune
Removed Passenger Seat
Removed cat-back (has factory cat and downpipe)
17" drag wheel/tire combo
Everything else is as delivered from the factory

The tuner is ready to go for these, of course for the pump gas tunes. We will start shipping Monday after the entire staff is back from SEMA.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Like I said in the other thread...you are going to get this car into, or very close to, the 10's. And then, I am dumping my 2012 GT and buying one. Hell to the yes!

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
do it mike!

I have already been shopping, LOL. I am tired of mine. I was thinking of getting a 4 door, since it really is inconvenient for my 14 year old to climb in and out of the Mustang, but man....you know I am all about the boost. I was thinking of a CTS-V or a new ATS-V...but this EB Mustang has sleeper/money maker written all over it. A low 11 second, high 10 second 4 banger would bring home the bacon. LOL.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I have already been shopping, LOL. I am tired of mine. I was thinking of getting a 4 door, since it really is inconvenient for my 14 year old to climb in and out of the Mustang, but man....you know I am all about the boost. I was thinking of a CTS-V or a new ATS-V...but this EB Mustang has sleeper/money maker written all over it. A low 11 second, high 10 second 4 banger would bring home the bacon. LOL.

true story!! I do like the idea of a 4 door go fast ride too. I cant wait until my 15 GT gets here. i just gotta get the blue car sold.

Nuked

Established Member
How are the IAT's running? I know the Focus ST's intercooler heat soaks pretty quick, just curious if the EB Stang's unit holds up better.

Congrats on the pass, great work!

SQ

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Congrats on the times.......that's amazing!

What's the race weight of the car?

Unfortunately, the scales were not open so we could not weight it. A fairly accurate estimate on the weight reduction would be around 115-125# over stock with the seat, and exhaust removed.

Like I said in the other thread...you are going to get this car into, or very close to, the 10's. And then, I am dumping my 2012 GT and buying one. Hell to the yes!

Mike

Oh, it will get there ;)

How are the IAT's running? I know the Focus ST's intercooler heat soaks pretty quick, just curious if the EB Stang's unit holds up better.

Congrats on the pass, great work!

SQ

The Mustang intercooler is definitely a step above the focus unit. IAT's were well within check for these runs.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Unfortunately, the scales were not open so we could not weight it. A fairly accurate estimate on the weight reduction would be around 115-125# over stock with the seat, and exhaust removed.

Oh, it will get there ;)

The Mustang intercooler is definitely a step above the focus unit. IAT's were well within check for these runs.

What do you think it is going to take to get one into the 10's? A converter should make a substantial difference. Do you think it can be done with a factory turbo and longblock? I already have my car for sale and my salesman looking for a Guard EB Premium with EB PP and auto. I am dead serious and ready to be on the leading edge of this.

Mike

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What do you think it is going to take to get one into the 10's? A converter should make a substantial difference. Do you think it can be done with a factory turbo and longblock? I already have my car for sale and my salesman looking for a Guard EB Premium with EB PP and auto. I am dead serious and ready to be on the leading edge of this.

Mike

Not certain how this got overlooked, and i apologize that it did. Truthfully, I think 10's will need a turbo upgrade to get there consistantly. If you look at our 11.80 run we backed it up with another 11 second run, something that IF someone managed to get a 10 second pass out of the stock turbo, would ever be able to do without massive time for cooldown and making another glory run. Our 11.80 run would have repeated itself over and over again if we wanted to, but there was no need.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Not certain how this got overlooked, and i apologize that it did. Truthfully, I think 10's will need a turbo upgrade to get there consistantly. If you look at our 11.80 run we backed it up with another 11 second run, something that IF someone managed to get a 10 second pass out of the stock turbo, would ever be able to do without massive time for cooldown and making another glory run. Our 11.80 run would have repeated itself over and over again if we wanted to, but there was no need.

A turbo upgrade is something I would consider. I would like to see you guys deep into the 11's on bolt-ons and pump gas since you have indicated that you don't feel confident selling race gas tunes to the general public. I want to see what a downpipe, intercooler, less restrictive intake and a converter can do. When are you hitting the track again? I sold my GT so I am shopping right now for a car.

Mike

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
A turbo upgrade is something I would consider. I would like to see you guys deep into the 11's on bolt-ons and pump gas since you have indicated that you don't feel confident selling race gas tunes to the general public. I want to see what a downpipe, intercooler, less restrictive intake and a converter can do. When are you hitting the track again? I sold my GT so I am shopping right now for a car.

Mike

we are working on some upgrades for the car right now, and with the MI winter in full effect it might be a little bit before we hit the track.

Users who are viewing this thread