Took Delivery of our 15 EcoBoost Mustang today!

htk084

Established Member
Wow, awesome results. I would love to see some e85 in this thing, any chance we can see that?

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not to be down but won't a stock GT still be better than tuned EB? I like the concept but would like the F150 EB motor in there with a tune, then again that weighs the same as the 5.0. Hard to beat a Coyote, best Ford V8 ever.

Not necessarily. Remember, there is a significant weight advantage with an EcoBoost car. Obviously a modded Coyote would have the advantage, but having a 4-cylinder even in the realm of keeping up with the improved 5.0 is amazing.

Damn, nice work! Can't wait to see what you can do with other mods.

Us too!

Wow, awesome results. I would love to see some e85 in this thing, any chance we can see that?

If it's anything like the other EB engines, the fuel system will not have enough capacity to do so. On other EB engines, you either have enough fuel system for stock power and E85, or added power and gasoline. Not both, which is why Methanol injection is so prevalent in the EB community.

Wow,

very impressive for a tune only car! Keep it up!!

Oh, we will ;)

Ubergeist

Established Member
Very impressive indeed. Hope this engine makes it to other platforms.

Do you have any base ET's on the the car yet?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Adding 2.5 gallons of e85 before filling all the way up with premium gas would be enough to make a significant difference. You could possibly stay within the limits of the fuel system that way. That's how the Focus ST folks do it with the 2.0 EB.

With full bolt ons, 2 gallons of e85 (only a 12.5 gallon tank), and a strong tune, we're just barely seeing the fuel system start to struggle at peak torque in colder temps. I know it's not the same motor, but just passing along some information. Do you guys have any updates?

olaosunt

Established Member
Adding 2.5 gallons of e85 before filling all the way up with premium gas would be enough to make a significant difference. You could possibly stay within the limits of the fuel system that way. That's how the Focus ST folks do it with the 2.0 EB.

With full bolt ons, 2 gallons of e85 (only a 12.5 gallon tank), and a strong tune, we're just barely seeing the fuel system start to struggle at peak torque in colder temps. I know it's not the same motor, but just passing along some information. Do you guys have any updates?
I run E30(3 gallons of E85 to 10 Gallons of 93) in my BMW M235 with a JB4 piggy back and down pipes.I have been a best of 11.9 @114 with a 1.77 60 ft.
I was surprised but dyno and trap was the same before and after down pipe:??:
Sees 17 psi of boost on "Map 7" high boost map.Car made 400 rwhp and 450 torque.
weighs 3600 per BMW.
Engine is in line 6 with twin scroll single turbo(Just like Ecoboost)
image_zpsc3caba45.jpg

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
E85 blends are popular on all DI cars because you can get by with such little E85, typically even as much as 1/4 tank will allow you to tune right past MBT. That and the fact that there aren't larger injectors so you kind of have to make due with what you have.

Voltwings

Established Member
No need, you can likely get by with a cam with more aggressive pump lobes, especially since there's 4 lobes. ZZP did this on the LNF cobalt cams and was able to improve significantly on the factory fueling system, plus dual HPFPs would put a lot of stress on the rail valve ... that being said lol dual pumps would be pretty damn wicked, and allow for a ton of fuel.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I think that di is still a blessing and a curse. Its great because you can get away with high cr and good amount of boost but it will probably be the limiting factor on the ecoboost 2.3..

04svtsnke

Established Member
Not to be down but won't a stock GT still be better than tuned EB? I like the concept but would like the F150 EB motor in there with a tune, then again that weighs the same as the 5.0. Hard to beat a Coyote, best Ford V8 ever.

We are talking about the ecoboost. Go to the 11-14 GT section if you wanna talk v8's, thanks

04svtsnke

Established Member
No need, you can likely get by with a cam with more aggressive pump lobes, especially since there's 4 lobes. ZZP did this on the LNF cobalt cams and was able to improve significantly on the factory fueling system, plus dual HPFPs would put a lot of stress on the rail valve ... that being said lol dual pumps would be pretty damn wicked, and allow for a ton of fuel.

I can see the dual pump setup probably being the solution TBH. Will probably come with an updated rail valve as well. I'm surprised no one has come out with one for the other ecoboost models.

Voltwings

Established Member
IDK, since the pumps are cam driven, and integrated into sections of the head, i see a dual pump solution being very difficult and/or expensive. That being said, i am neither a big name shop, nor have i had a chance to really get intimate with an ecoboost so i could completely be talking out of my ass here :)

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think that di is still a blessing and a curse. Its great because you can get away with high cr and good amount of boost but it will probably be the limiting factor on the ecoboost 2.3..

You are correct, it's great technology, but it's still early in terms of performance DI cars being mainstream. Once they stop being a niche, we will see more and more support.

I can see the dual pump setup probably being the solution TBH. Will probably come with an updated rail valve as well. I'm surprised no one has come out with one for the other ecoboost models.

Truthfully, controlling them is the issue. You are talking about adding logic for it to simultaneously control 2 fuel pumps in place of 1. It can be done, but exceptionally involved and costly.

i cant wait to see you guys do a full bolt on car.

All in due time :)

Since it's been a few days since we gave you guys some EcoBoost mustang goodies to feast upon. Here is the latest development from the dyno:

EBMustangcapability_zpsb9a2beba.png

We are still working on finalizing our tune offering, but we definitely wanted to show you guys what this platform is capable of making with just a tune. Now, we are still validating the durability at this power level, and our final tune might scale it back if we feel there are any durability trade offs, but this is an amazing jump from what we saw before. Just take a look at all of that torque!

Keep an eye out for us testing this further, and hitting up the track soon for some 1/4 mile results as well!

ATTFighter

Established Member
That is incredible results for just a tune, I can only imagine with basic bolt on mods! Makes me really want an ecoboost.

Users who are viewing this thread