Took Delivery of our 15 EcoBoost Mustang today!

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I'm highly considering an EcoBoost that will primarily be for road course duty, however i like to hit the drag strip once in a while. How much slower do you think this run would be if it were a stick car? A few tenths?

c_reber

Established Member
I'm highly considering an EcoBoost that will primarily be for road course duty, however i like to hit the drag strip once in a while. How much slower do you think this run would be if it were a stick car? A few tenths?

Exactly what I wanted to do with an ecoboost car. A couple questions maybe someone can answer for me...

How much ligher is the ecoboost vs GT? Recaro/PP only options.

The ecoboost Performance pack includes "larger brake rotors". Are these the 15" brembos?

Do you think the PP is worth 2k if you plan to change most of the suspension anyway for the road course? I guess the 3.55 gears and larger radiator would be nice.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
The EcoBoost from what I understand comes in at 3500 lbs which is why they are so quick. The PP comes with 4 piston Brembos so it's a no brainer for The EcoBoost with the Performance Package is a nice setup, bringing a 3.55 final drive ratio, the brakes from the GT (13.9-inch rotors up front), 19-inch wheels with summer tires, stiffer suspension and a strut tower brace. Ford also throws on a beefier cooling system, with the expectation of track days.

Coming at $7k less than a GT and being a tune away from being just as quick with better gas. It's a no brainer for me. Late braking on this car will be phenomenal. Steeda just beat a 911 Turbo time on Autocross.

Last edited:

1FastFord

Established Member
So the Ecoboost has the same brakes and irs as the gt? Are all of the options on the Ecoboost the same as the gt except for the engine itself?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So the Ecoboost has the same brakes and irs as the gt? Are all of the options on the Ecoboost the same as the gt except for the engine itself?

The EcoBoost PP comes with the standard GT brakes (which are not Brembos). The standard EcoBoost gets the V6 brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread