Took the new GTR to the drags

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Well I sold my bolt ons & e85 2010 GTR. I sold most of the parts off it and kept a few for the new ride. Sold it as a stock car with just a tune on it and the new owner loves the car. Felt good that it ended up with someone that will take good care of it. It was my baby for 2.5 years.

So I've had the new ride about 2 months now. It's a 2012 Black Edition with built 10:1 3.8, stock heads, stock intake manifold, built trans and Precision BB 5858s. I spent the first couple weeks owning it rebuilding the fuel system on it to my liking. I upgraded the feed and return lines then added a flex fuel sensor, rails, reg and etc. Then I had it retuned by my tuner. Then it proceeded to rain for like 3 weekends in a row. LOL. So finally this Friday night I got to run her. Tune is very conservative and we are running 26 psi to help save the gears in the trans. I need to upgrade gears 2-6 and then we can crank it to 35+ psi. I'll post a video below. On the MFD display you can see the boost by gear. Full boost in 3rd gear. I'm sure with more tweaking of the tune and launch it's going to drop a couple more tenths or more. Not bad for the first time out. Made my best pass on the 4th and final pass of the night.

Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-50-59_1_zpsxczpps6q.jpg

IMAG2236_zps33dtrzpc.jpg

IMAG4480_zpsspfdif16.jpg

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
damn that thing moves out. great looking GTR and engine bay looks really good! any idea what it puts down on the current boost level?

Sirraf

Established Member
Sub'd for more Wildman GTR bashing

Also, looked like boost gauge was lagging or it could have been the angle.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's running similar trap speeds to a P1. Given the weight differential, it must be making >1000 BHP?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Jesus....High 140s, AWD....1.6 60's...

I bet that car is a stop light nightmare.for almost anything.

I look at the GTR like I look at the Patriots. I dispise almost everything about them, but they're so nasty you have to repsect their dominance.

I know I could google this, but are GTRs 4,000 pound cars?

Sirraf

Established Member
Jesus....High 140s, AWD....1.6 60's...

I bet that car is a stop light nightmare.for almost anything.

I look at the GTR like I look at the Patriots. I dispise almost everything about them, but they're so nasty you have to repsect their dominance.

I know I could google this, but are GTRs 4,000 pound cars?

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
You said it had a built trans but need to upgrade gears 2-6, did they not upgrade those when it was built?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy hell that's a fast GTR, did it do 9.7 @148. That's a monster of a car. Congrats OP.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! I've always admired your GTR. It's surely in BEAST mode. :burnout: :rockon:

earico

Established Member
^ Thanks everyone! She did great on for the first time out. It's still got more in it at this boost level. Just need to dial it in some more.

damn that thing moves out. great looking GTR and engine bay looks really good! any idea what it puts down on the current boost level?

I haven't dyno'd it at this level yet. I'd guess around 900-950 to the tires.

Great looking car, that thing is moving out! What did your old car run?

It went 10.6s consistently in the 90+ summer heat. Had a couple 10.5s. Usually trapped around 136-137.

Sub'd for more Wildman GTR bashing

Also, looked like boost gauge was lagging or it could have been the angle.

LOL!
That's actually the boost by gear. 15 psi 1st gear, 20 psi 2nd gear and 26-27 psi 3rd & up.

That's running similar trap speeds to a P1. Given the weight differential, it must be making >1000 BHP?

Give or take. Probably around 1,000-1,100 at the crank right now.

Beastly. 35psi is going to be bonkers lol.

Gotta love that second pic!

Lol! Yeah it's gonna be mad with more boost.

You said it had a built trans but need to upgrade gears 2-6, did they not upgrade those when it was built?

Trans is built except 2nd-6th. Does have 1st gear upgraded already. 2-6 is another $6,500. That's why it isn't done yet. LOL. But after that the trans should be able to handle a lot more. I'm at the point now where you have to worry about shearing the teeth off the OEM gears.

Holy hell that's a fast GTR, did it do 9.7 @148. That's a monster of a car. Congrats OP.

Yes sir, it did. Ran a 9.8 @ 148 the pass before that one.

Damn fast but my goodness these things are ugly :)

I have to admit the looks are subjective. It's not the prettiest but it's not the ugliest. LMFAO!

Congratulations! I've always admired your GTR. It's surely in BEAST mode. :burnout: :rockon:

Thanks Bob! I learned a lot about the platform with the other car. I'm loving the power of the new one. You would be amazed at how well it put's down the power and the ease of drivability. In traffic it is very pleasant.

Last edited:

earico

Established Member
Here is an old dyno video of what the previous owner put down at 35 psi. I've chosen to turn it down a little until I get that gear upgrade and get some seat time with the power it already has.

Last edited:

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
First off, badass car OP.

Next, I must be crazy because I often sit around day dreaming about me driving around in my 1000hp GTR. I don't understand how someone can call these cars ugly?

TorchMach

Established Member
When your GTR farts fire, you know it means business.

Very nice sir! Don't be shy on posting more progress!

Users who are viewing this thread