Took the new GTR to the drags

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Definitely 'scribing to this thread for updates after you upgrade those gears. Damn that thing hooks!

HighTorque

Established Member
Sweet ride man always been a fan of gtr's. What camera are you using to record video?

72SBC

Established Member
The trap says low 9's/high 8's. Is it because of the easy launch and low boost in the 1-2 gears? I'm curious because I raced a GTR like yours but the dude never got in front of me. Are they just lacking on the low end due to gearing or do all the R35's perform in similar fashion?

Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
^ Thanks for all the props fellas! :beer:

Sweet ride man always been a fan of gtr's. What camera are you using to record video?

GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition. Front camera set to wide FOV and rear set to medium FOV.

The trap says low 9's/high 8's. Is it because of the easy launch and low boost in the 1-2 gears? I'm curious because I raced a GTR like yours but the dude never got in front of me. Are they just lacking on the low end due to gearing or do all the R35's perform in similar fashion?

First gear is upgraded. I could launch it as hard as I want but the half shafts would snap since I am on DRs. Terminator guys can tell you about that. I could run wrinkle walls if I modified the rear brakes and those are much more forgiving on half shafts. 1.3 60's can be achieved then and the low 9s you talked of could be easily attained. If all I did with the car was drag then I would set it up like that and run a drag suspension too.

HighTorque

Established Member
GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition. Front camera set to wide FOV and rear set to medium FOV.

Nice I just picked up Hero 4 Session going to try it out this weekend at WannaGoFast

earico

Established Member

Nice I just picked up Hero 4 Session going to try it out this weekend at WannaGoFast

Nice! I'll be there too on Saturday. What day you running?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Awesome man, I know it must have been a heck of a difference driving between the two. What does a built tranny that supports your potential level run?

Seeing cars run and still be very streetable like this makes me reconsider my future goals as far as car toys.

earico

Established Member
Awesome man, I know it must have been a heck of a difference driving between the two. What does a built tranny that supports your potential level run?

Seeing cars run and still be very streetable like this makes me reconsider my future goals as far as car toys.

I hope all has been well with you! Long time no talk to.

Well the trans build I have now is about $6k. Then it's another $6k to get the 2-6 gears. So for around $12-13k you would have a trans that could support everything the turbos on my car could throw at it.

Yeah it's crazy how well this car idles and drives in city traffic. Then it completely changes character when you hammer it. The acceleration of this one compared to my old bolt on car....well this one is just stupid quick. LOL.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Badass, I actually think the GTR looks sweet.

MineralCobra

Established Member
That thing is Insane.. 9 sec 140+ trap speed sooo smooth lol you clould probably munch on chips while going down the strip lol

earico

Established Member
Little more tuning and the car is a touch quicker. Still only running medium boost (28 psi) to help save the trans gears for now. I've only made about 8 passes in the 1/4 with the car. Some more seat time and the ET will drop. Actually launched it a little too hard that pass and it spun too much. Almost aborted the run because it axle hopped a tiny bit but it cleared up right away.

IMAG4947_zps7wysensn.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread