Took the new GTR to the drags

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
How in any way does this defy the laws of physics and then some? sack ride much? lol

Nice ride Earico... Have you came to any of the saturday night meets up north? Been a little while since I've been.

I've never been to any of those. Once or twice a year I may go to CnC in Austin.

Amazing.

*edit wait, why this shit so old...

Lol! I just decided to update the thread instead of a new one.

earico

Established Member
So my luck on the OEM gearset finally ran out. Was cruising with the wife a few Sundays ago. No pulls at all just a cruise. Started hearing a whine in the trans and 8 miles later we are on the side of the road. Heard clunk, clunk bang and pulled over. Got the car home on a flatbed and threw it up on the lift. Pulled the trans and sent it off to my trans builder. It's getting rebuilt with billet 2-6 gearset this time. Should be good to go and can give it a little more boost in the 1/8 as well since gears will be upgraded.

Between me and the previous owner that trans had about 200+ street pulls, 50+ 1/4 mile pulls and about 15 half mile event passes. Lasted about 7k miles of weekend abuse. Not bad really considering it was a budget trans build.

IMAG5856_zps3zkewenp.jpg

Trans1_zpsoq0riwwy.jpg

Trans2_zpsyikhzjux.jpg

earico

Established Member
Yikes.

Awesome car - can't imagine turning up the wick when already at 1000hp. :)

Thanks man. LOL! Well we are just going to tweak the mid range. I want to leave max power where it is even though those turbos will handle more.

Awesome ride! Great times!

I love these cars but wish it was a true manual, but again congrats bud

Thanks man. I'll be the first to admit I miss that 3rd pedal and it's probably the only thing I don't like about the car at times. That's one of the reasons I have my foxbody. I love shifting gears. The amount of grip the GTR has lessens the blow of not having the man pedal though.

sono

Established Member
OMG I'll blow the doors off that thing!

Just give me the key hit!
As long as your keys are in a locked glove box, prior to the launch, I got ya!

earico

Established Member
LMFAO @sono !!!

Here is my best pass from the half mile about 1 1/2 years ago. Thought you guys might enjoy that too. That surface was shit. Even with AWD it was spinning a lot the first 1/4 mile.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
GAWD your car is so effing sick.

who is the premeir trans builder these days? Shep still around? He was the man back when i was playing with DSMs.

evolve

Established Member

who is the premeir trans builder these days? Shep still around? He was the man back when i was playing with DSMs.
Shep built the trans in my old Evo VIII. Solid, no BS kinda guy.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

earico

Established Member

Yes he's the premier GTR trans builder.

Is that San Antonio Raceway? Id like to see this car in action. That thing is moving out!

Yes it is. I live within 10 miles of the raceway. I haven't been in awhile though.

Users who are viewing this thread