Took the new GTR to the drags

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Little more tuning and the car is a touch quicker. Still only running medium boost (28 psi) to help save the trans gears for now. I've only made about 8 passes in the 1/4 with the car. Some more seat time and the ET will drop. Actually launched it a little too hard that pass and it spun too much. Almost aborted the run because it axle hopped a tiny bit but it cleared up right away.

IMAG4947_zps7wysensn.jpg

https://youtu.be/9T0G0_SItT0

[youtube_browser]9T0G0_SItT0[/youtube_browser]
Bullshit! We all know the car drives itself...on the real, that is a sick ride.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
9 second pass like its nothing....

What is the world coming to

The (automotive) world is coming........along nicely. :thumbsup: What a time to be buying a muscle car. So many options.

What IS astounding is how easy a 9 second run looks. These GT-Rs are awesome!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
^ Lol you guys are cracking me up! Thanks for the props fellas.

It's been a little bit of work getting to this point. I bought the car and as soon as I got it I redid the fuel system to my liking (more headroom) and started a retune with my tuner that I trust. Also the day I picked it up I could smell a hint of oil burning. I figured it was a turbo seal and was keeping an eye on it. Well after 3 months of many street pulls and 7 passes at the half mile event it was starting to get worse. At this point I was blowing smoke out the exhaust almost all the time. So back in the middle of January I parked it in the garage, got it up in the air and pulled the turbos with the engine in. The previous owner had gone with journal bearing turbos but the drain line they used wasn't large enough. Anyways I upgraded to ball bearing and that took about 6 weeks to get back from Precision. Then to get the turbos back in it was best to just drop the motor and do it. Anything turbo related on these cars is supposed to be a motor drop. My buddies at Lethal Performance (the Corvette guys here in SA) let me use the shop one weekend. After 16 hours I had dropped it, installed the turbos and put it back in. So after getting it back together we finally finished the last 5% of the tune by adding a little more timing in the upper gears and here we are to today. I'm very happy with how it is performing. Later on I am going to upgrade the rest of the gears in the trans so we can turn the boost up to where these turbos really shine. Should be about 35 psi. We should have about 150-175 whp left in it.

IMAG4832_zpsk19rynfx.jpg

IMAG4844_zps7xk3cli8.jpg

IMAG4842_zpsuj1autka.jpg

IMAG4849_zps4k299ir3.jpg

IMAG4851_zpscl0e3di7.jpg

IMAG4852_zpszywiqdmp.jpg

Last edited:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Was wondering if you had video of it. Too bad your punk ass moved to Texas. After I get your house sold out here I'm flying out there for some fun.

earico

Established Member
Good ****ing god I thought clearance was tight on a 96 cobra with LTs and t56...I have been schooled.

Exactly! Holy no room. It is a work of art, a very precise fit work of art.

Jesus. That engine is a beautiful mess.

Thanks guys. Yeah it's tight in there. You have a little more room with the OEM cast manifolds than this tubular manifold that I have but not much more. LOL.

Was wondering if you had video of it. Too bad your punk ass moved to Texas. After I get your house sold out here I'm flying out there for some fun.

Haha! Come on buddy. We can hit the lake too. :beer:

Damm that things an animal !

Thanks it's a lot of fun for sure.

Awesome. Glad I don't live in TX lol

LMAO!!! Shit man I'm just an average fish here in TX. It's crazy how many big power street cars there are here.

STANGMAN93

Established Member
New car is running pretty nice! Going to have to find you at SAR this summer for sure :-D

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
great run earico, shoot me a PM next time you go to the track if you dont mind...would love to this beast in person

and lethal performance works on GTR's?? If so, im giving danny a call asap

earico

Established Member
i just came!

:lol: Did you use your new, soft, tiny hand?

What a beast! that thing makes a 9 sec run looks easy :rockon: good looking car too!

Thanks man. :beer:

great run earico, shoot me a PM next time you go to the track if you dont mind...would love to this beast in person

and lethal performance works on GTR's?? If so, im giving danny a call asap

K. Will do. Lethal didn't do the work. Danny and Gus are friends of mine and they just let me borrow a lift. I did the work.
They may start working on them before long because they both own GTRs. I'm the main reason they bought theirs. After seeing my old FBO car run so much at SAR, well hell they both went out and bought GTRs. LOL.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
:lol: Did you use your new, soft, tiny hand?

Thanks man. :beer:

K. Will do. Lethal didn't do the work. Danny and Gus are friends of mine and they just let me borrow a lift. I did the work.
They may start working on them before long because they both own GTRs. I'm the main reason they bought theirs. After seeing my old FBO car run so much at SAR, well hell they both went out and bought GTRs. LOL.

Wow i cant believe danny got a GTR....! Hes such a corvette guy! Im gonna swing by the shop and check his 15 out. Thats crazyyy lololol. after i rode in a FBO i was sold

Users who are viewing this thread