Trading for cobra

maxmax

Established Member
To much like the old school muscle cars for me to drive everyday, exactly why we own one!

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I've been daily-ing a Terminator since 2003. Maybe it's because I don't know any better, but I can honestly say that it is one of my most fun things in life.

So, I'd say do it OP! You should have some mechanical knowledge however, because like any older car, it is going to require care and maintenance that you don't want to be paying others to do.

But the first time you pull up next to a newer GT, it will all be worth it.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
You can add a phone/Bluetooth interface for your stock radio. I had one installed on my old 02 Mustang GT, so you can rule that problem out of the decision process.

As mentioned above, the Terminators are reliable - this is assuming the yellow one was not flogged to death. Have the potential purchase thoroughly checked... make sure the engine is healthy. If you bought it as a daily only to discover you need a new engine, that would hurt.

The biggest drawback of daily driving a Terminator would be the clutch. The 03/04 Terminator has the stiffest clutch, hands-down. These cars were before the hydraulic assist clutches and have a stout spring to hold the horsepower. If you have to drive stop-n-go traffic each day, I’d definitely advise against the Terminator as a daily. If you are able to cruise to work without traffic issues, I say scratch your itch and pull the trigger!

zcs626

Established Member
Thinking of trading in my 2013 gt with 57000 miles in on a 2004 screaming yellow cobra with 44000 miles, anything I should look for, and is it a good idea.

I'm in a local DFW facebook Terminator group and they've inquired on this car just to learn more about it. Apparently the sales manager has been joy riding it and hasn't been available to see at the Kia dealership. Daily or not, it's a nice car. Good luck.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Is that the twin disc

RST and RXT are both twin disc setups. If you go with either one of those, it greatly lightens the pedal feel. I had a 1200hp RXT and the pedal feel was only slightly lighter than stock. My friends regular rxt clutch feels like a Honda Civic hydraulic clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
You do have to remember , there are more guys here , worried about garaging the cars, not driving .
Takes a real car guy to put miles on a CAR , to appreciate what you spent your money on ..

zredfire04

Established Member
my $.02:

if you want a terminator for the collector value, don't buy it to DD.

if you want a terminator because you want the best union of modern technology and old school hot rod to drive as often as possible, get one. a lot of folks here have less than 30K miles on a 15 year old car. they aren't going to be able to provide valuable input to someone who just wants a badass ride to get to work in every day.

i'm not disparaging the collector types at all; they are mostly to thank for the strong resale value these cars still have. there's just a difference between a car collector and a driver...and both camps have a hard time understanding where the other one is coming from. for now there is still room for both.

Users who are viewing this thread