TT Coyote produces 900+rwhp. Stock engine on 91

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
wow, i need to get my turbo kit asap. Waiting on a sponsored kit sans turbo, gate, and bov. Hopefully he gets working on it soon. I'm supplying the turbo, gate and bov which i have in stock at my job anyway. I'm going to go with a 7685 most likely. Maybe a 7175 at the smallest.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Its only a matter of time before that motor pops, high compression and 12lbs on twins and 91 octane.

Very impressive numbers, but lets see some proof itll actually run and last for a while. Plenty of motors will make stupid power for a little while. Gm high tech made 1000rwhp with a bone stock 5.3 truck motor.

CPRsm

Its only a matter of time before that motor pops, high compression and 12lbs on twins and 91 octane.

Very impressive numbers, but lets see some proof itll actually run and last for a while. Plenty of motors will make stupid power for a little while. Gm high tech made 1000rwhp with a bone stock 5.3 truck motor.
Don't really expect it to last forever. Wasn't really the point though. Don't expect anyone to push a stock engine this hard either. Unless a new engine is waiting.
But it's a little itty bitty 302 making 1000hp on 91. IDK of a LS that's made those number on a stock engine and pump. Efficiency and comparison of turbo kits here, not really Ford Vs GM.:beer:

BTrinanes

Established Member
I don't understand why some are getting so hung up on the fact it's a stock engine and it's gonna pop. Of course it will eventually.. What's impressive is the the power this can make on pump of even 108 mix with so little boost.

implosive

Established Member
I wasn't aware that stock engines that are making 630+rwhp MORE than they're supposed to will eventually blow up....

itSSlow98

Established Member
I don't understand why some are getting so hung up on the fact it's a stock engine and it's gonna pop. Of course it will eventually.. What's impressive is the the power this can make on pump of even 108 mix with so little boost.

12lbs isnt "little boost" through twins on a high compression motor. The 5.0 is almost 3 compression points higher then a stock 03 cobra motor. Hence why it makes great power on what people think is low boost.

CPRsm

When it takes the closest power adder 7-8 psi more AND 100% race gas to make similar numbers, I'd say they are pretty "low" comparatively.

BTrinanes

Established Member
12lbs isnt "little boost" through twins on a high compression motor. The 5.0 is almost 3 compression points higher then a stock 03 cobra motor. Hence why it makes great power on what people think is low boost.

You totally missed my point. It has nothing to do w compression or even your 03. 12 lbs of boost is indeed little boost on a stock coyote motor makin 900 rwhp.

itSSlow98

Established Member
You totally missed my point. It has nothing to do w compression or even your 03. 12 lbs of boost is indeed little boost on a stock coyote motor makin 900 rwhp.

I dont wanna clutter up the thread more then I already have but the fact it made that power on 12psi has EVERYTHING to do with it being a high compression motor. :shrug:

CPRsm

I dont wanna clutter up the thread more then I already have but the fact it made that power on 12psi has EVERYTHING to do with it being a high compression motor. :shrug:
Sorry brother man. I think if it had everything to do with the compression, other power adders would be a little closer than they are. Closest power adder on 13 psi, race gas AND ice in the air to water tank made 791rwhp. With 1.25 psi less and an air to air inter cooler, this kit is still 100 rwhp ahead. You still need to move the mass into and out of the engine to make the power. Discussion is what the thread is for. Don't worry, I'm sure by the end you will have mucked up it the least.:beer:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Meth for safety. +40whp too.

950whp stock 5.0 anyone? Safely (I guess) as well

neatofrito1618

Established Member
12 PSI=12 PSI= 12 PSI.

The CR or anything else doesn't change the fact that it's on low boost. After he builds a short block this dude needs to throw it up to 30 PSI and add on a meth kit to see what the stock Coyote and do.:beer:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Sorry brother man. I think if it had everything to do with the compression, other power adders would be a little closer than they are. Closest power adder on 13 psi, race gas AND ice in the air to water tank made 791rwhp. With 1.25 psi less and an air to air inter cooler, this kit is still 100 rwhp ahead. You still need to move the mass into and out of the engine to make the power. Discussion is what the thread is for. Don't worry, I'm sure by the end you will have mucked up it the least.:beer:

Lol I gotcha, now what power adder was used on 13psi? Im guessing the amount of air these twins are able to push is greater then the other power adder.

CPRsm

The other power adder is a twin turbo also. :dw: I'm not sure where these will top out, or which kit will make more. Dunno which will max first, compressor or turbine. Testing testing lol

KenB

Established Member

The difference is, we did one dyno pull like that. Spent no time on the dyno pushing the stock engine that hard. We are more concerned about performance, not dyno numbers. But we can go back and forth all day. But why?

I don't really think we need to market by comparing kits. Why not just talk about what yours does, and we will talk about what ours does. Then let everyone decide what they want.

86merc

Established Member
The measured pressure in the intake is a measure of the back pressure in that intake. That number has NOTHING to do with air flow, efficiency and so on. And people get too hung up on dyno numbers. It is a tool for tuners to gauge changes against previous runs. Dynos can be manipulated as well as other factors. I saw a NMRA DR car make 80 more RWHP by changing the tire pressure. That was it! Did the motor make more power with no changes but air to the tire? No, of course not. They forgot to check the air pressure in the tires and it was noticed it was way low. They way the tire put the power to the rollers was more efficient than the earlier passes and the dyno read that. So there is a whole lot more than one thing when it comes to dynos and the numbers they show. When this car/turbo set up makes some passes at the track and puts up a good number I think that is all that really matters. I hope that happens before a motor pops. If it does I hope we see a built bottom end go in the car quickly to see what the kit is really capable of.

The set up & seems impressive with those numbers. Amazing potential with these motors as well. Exciting time to be a Mustang guy for sure! Props to you guys!

I can't wait to hear more info on the kit, turbo specs, data like back pressure pre turbos and so on. Along with what they learned and what might be there next step with what they learned with the current configuration. I will be patiently waiting! Good luck guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread