TT Coyote produces 900+rwhp. Stock engine on 91

CPRsm

There will be no doubts then.
Sure there will be. You've already predetermined your conclusion based on engineering laws. Problem is those laws are based on everything being the same, as in just adding boost. Problem is on top off adding boost, we took off tri y headers, cats and added tubular header, and 3in exhuast all the way to the start of the catback. On top of all this and most personally I think the largest factor is cam timing. That alone drastically changes the VE of any engine. Since laws are broken logs wouldnt really matter, but I'll see if I can get them. Either or, the car is going to sea level for more testing. Track results will be the proof

GabeMarlin

V8/RWD Fanatic
Established Member
These LS guys are retarded. Of course your all aftermarket TT 454ci engine is going to make more power than an all stock 302 with 2 turbos strapped on. Do I need to bring up that John Mihovetz run a 6.08 @ 235 mph on a stock block, stock heads 281 ci aluminum modular? Last I checked, that was well over a half second quicker in the the fastest LS powered car, which is all aftermarket with 354 ci and an iron block. Oh, he spools w/ nirtous as well. John doesnt and his car is heavier.

Edit: when you LS Guys are making these power numbers on an all stock aluminum TT LS3 on 91 octane, let me know.

Last edited:

TheRealJoeDirt

Established Member
Sure there will be. You've already predetermined your conclusion based on engineering laws. Problem is those laws are based on everything being the same, as in just adding boost. Problem is on top off adding boost, we took off tri y headers, cats and added tubular header, and 3in exhuast all the way to the start of the catback. On top of all this and most personally I think the largest factor is cam timing. That alone drastically changes the VE of any engine. Since laws are broken logs wouldnt really matter, but I'll see if I can get them. Either or, the car is going to sea level for more testing. Track results will be the proof

LOL.......................I see you continue to dig yourself deeper. :lol:
There is no reasoning with someone such as you with your weak background.

Have a great day!:beer:

CPRsm

And what's the point of your posts? There isn't anything to reason about. These are the numbers, plain and simple. Background has nothing to do with it, but let's see how deep we can dig. I've proven more than once when I say something someone doesn't like or doesn't believe, that I was right. I'm guessing that's why you're here. But I love that these threads have been bringing people out of the wood works.

CPRsm

agreed. I think if "background" had anything to do with the abilty to produce a quality kit, there would be one on the market already.

TheRealJoeDirt

Established Member
And what's the point of your posts? There isn't anything to reason about. These are the numbers, plain and simple. Background has nothing to do with it, but let's see how deep we can dig. I've proven more than once when I say something someone doesn't like or doesn't believe, that I was right. I'm guessing that's why you're here. But I love that these threads have been bringing people out of the wood works.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't PROVEN a dang thing....................well..............other than you don't know what you're talking about.

CPRsm

I know nothing about what what I'm talking about, yet this kit didn't take a 125 shot to break 950rwhp at the same boost level. I've also never told a customer 3-1 back pressure is normal for a street car. Next please.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't PROVEN a dang thing....................well..............other than you don't know what you're talking about.

Joe please, you sound like a complete toolbag. I can't stand people that go into a thread like this and then drill for "raw" info. The car is making power no matter what. That's what we know as of now. They plan to sell these kits and there's NO POINT in making gobs of power and lying about the motor or fuel so no one can reproduce the results. Just sot back, shut up and wait a week until kit details are released. Then go ahead and cut it down for no reason.

TheRealJoeDirt

Established Member
Joe please, you sound like a complete toolbag. I can't stand people that go into a thread like this and then drill for "raw" info. The car is making power no matter what. That's what we know as of now. They plan to sell these kits and there's NO POINT in making gobs of power and lying about the motor or fuel so no one can reproduce the results. Just sot back, shut up and wait a week until kit details are released. Then go ahead and cut it down for no reason.

I'm sorry that you're that gullible to believe the numbers at his claimed level of boost.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'm sorry that you're that gullible to believe the numbers at his claimed level of boost.

Hey dirp dirp, ever wondered why 1.8-2.2 L civics can make 800-1000whp? Vtec. Guess what, the coyote has something superior to vtec. Get a grip bro.

If anyone should be waving the bs flag, it would be me because my 5.4 4v swap with twins at 15psi only made 885whp. Guess what? I'm not because I actually take time to stay in the know regarding technology and can see that the heads on the 5.0 are much more advanced than those on my car.

Bottom line? They can get awesome power safely with the high compression motor because they have such control over the cam duration, timing, lift, advance, retard, and all perimeters.

If I installed heads like these on my 5.4 I'd easily pick up 75-150hp depending on how crazy I went with the tune.

Get a grip man, he's in business, does McDonald's tell everyone the recipe to a big mac's sauce? No. Does that mean its fake? Get the hell out.

I tried being cordial but your being obscene so I gotta tell you to shut the hell up already.

BTrinanes

Established Member
LOL! Otay Bankey!

Have him post up the datalog file.

Judging by your other 9 posts you have its pretty easy to tell you bash other companies that are your competition.. And judging by your posts its pretty easy to tell who you probably are.. sooo why hide behind the screen name? Sure seems like you got your panties in a bunch over something you couldnt do :uh oh:

implosive

Established Member
I don't understand the controversy, this isn't the first, second or third coyote to make these types of numbers... High compression, big power adders, and variable can timing. Not that crazy of a "recipe"

OHTHREESVT

I Whine
Established Member
Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

98ss88mm

Established Member
Hey dirp dirp, ever wondered why 1.8-2.2 L civics can make 800-1000whp? Vtec. Guess what, the coyote has something superior to vtec.

dont know if i would go that far, Toyota and Honda have been doing this for ages. Ford comes in pretty late on this game... also civics barely make that HP on kill mode, and only the high dollar outlaw builds are doing that. Most do vtec delete anyways... thats a whole nother topic...

TheRealJoeDirt

Established Member
Judging by your other 9 posts you have its pretty easy to tell you bash other companies that are your competition.. And judging by your posts its pretty easy to tell who you probably are.. sooo why hide behind the screen name? Sure seems like you got your panties in a bunch over something you couldnt do :uh oh:

No little man, I haven't bashed him and haven't done anything for ulterior reasons.
When confronted about the numbers and parameters, ol 10sec tries to lay down a smokescreen with tech jibberish that may sound good to the lay person, but that's it. I got calls from several people all over, pointing to several sites he has posted. He's been called on his info and he replies in the above fashion.
On one site, I had 4 builders/tuners shoot me PMs and they were laughing at him. WELL known in the turbo arena that make cars go way faster than this guy has.
It would be funny, if not for people gulping this stuff up. :(

I won't ask any more questions of him since he can't/won't supply logs so anyone could see the truth.
Have a nice night Padre!

CPRsm

I don't understand the controversy, this isn't the first, second or third coyote to make these types of numbers... High compression, big power adders, and variable can timing. Not that crazy of a "recipe"

It's not the power he's griping about. It's the amount of power per psi. Basic laws state the best you can hope for when boosting is to double the engines original output at 14.7psi or one atmosphere. In this case 824hp at the flywheel. Then pump loses and heat rise will drop the actual output. In a perfect world 824 would be the highest possible output. At 18 psi the engine is at 248% it's original output. Impossible without the ability to change cam timing.

It has to do with intake wave pulse tuning. Google it for more in depth explanation. Hours of fun reading. Intake pulse tuning is why cams and intakes change power levels, and their rpm ranges. When a cylinder is filled, the intake valve opens, vacuum draws the charge in, intake valve closes and then boom. What some people over look is what happens next. When the intake valve shuts, all that air that didnt get it, back ups behind the intake valve causing positive pressure in the intake runner. Now this pulse will back up at the valve, and eventually goes backwards towards the plenum. If the intake valve opens at this point, the cylinder will be left to draw in what it can by pure vacumm as the piston heads to bottom dead center. As an engine speeds up, these pulses become more in tune with ea other. Intake will open then close, the charge will back up at the valve again, until this time, the runner is packed, but the puslse has not changed directions and the intake opens again forcing the charge in as the intake is sucking. This timing is why 4 stroke engines make more power as engine rpm rises.

Now what if you could have that max cylinder fill at all rpm? Boost is measured in the plenum, not the intake runner itself. 14.7 in the plenum, 18 in the intake runner when the intake opens. The intake charge will see more than one wave pulse after the intake closes. The first is the strongest and will make the most power. But not the one most engine are capable of using because of intake manifold restrictions. Most use the third plulse. So it actually hits the intake, bounces back to the plenum and back again. It does this a few times before the intake opens up. Usually the thrid time the pulse heads to the intake vale is when it opens. A gross over simplication, but the best I could do w my weak background.:lol:

CPRsm

On one site, I had 4 builders/tuners shoot me PMs and they were laughing at him.
and yet not one confident enough to call my "bluff." they all resorted to "I can't do it, my buddy can't do it, so it's impossible." i think even one said the hand of god couldn't do it with the help of jesus christ LOL. I haven't avoided a single thing. I gave the correction factor when asked and anything else I knew. Still waiting for a response back to the log request. Funny part, is when the car goes to sea level at another dyno, what will the guys w so much background when they have painted themselves into a corner?

Users who are viewing this thread