TT or 4.7 KB

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
There's a reason for that. A blower that size is simply not practical and needs to be spun very hard to make the power. There are all kinds of other issues with running a big Whipple or KB. You need to double keyway your crank, you will have issues with intercooler, issues trying to tension the belt and keep from slipping etc. I suggest you do a large amount of research before you jump into the big blower world, it's not as easy as it seems.

That's why I went turbo. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
True that,but in all honesty,most other intakes dont look very appealing.plus it makes power to 7500,which is what im planning on spinning to.i know of 2 guys running 31 and 30 psi on that intake on a coyote with no problem,i dont think ill ever need to see over 27 for the power im looking for.
Theres plenty of SC 6 speed cars out there well into the 8s.what makes you think it will go nowhere? Theres just not many people who actually want to spend the extra time it takes to get the car just right for it to hook.

While I understand that you already have the Magnum T-56, it just seems like a waste of your time and money to build a 6-speed setup (for optimal hook) and then when you reach that goal to then go to an auto and start all over. If you were pretty sure you wanted to keep the Magnum then I could understand it. Nothing wrong with what you're doing; just seems to make more sense to skip the Magnum and put the money and time into the (auto) setup you're ultimately wanting. :shrug:

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
While I understand that you already have the Magnum T-56, it just seems like a waste of your time and money to build a 6-speed setup (for optimal hook) and then when you reach that goal to then go to an auto and start all over. If you were pretty sure you wanted to keep the Magnum then I could understand it. Nothing wrong with what you're doing; just seems to make more sense to skip the Magnum and put the money and time into the (auto) setup you're ultimately wanting. :shrug:
Logic is not present in this build. He is building exactly what he wants how he wants. That's perfectly fine and it is his car so ultimately he has to be happy with it. But, logic says sell the magnum for top dollar before you destroy it and your rear end behind the power you are wanting to make. But there is a guy building a serious hp car with a stick and IRS still, but he could be much faster and spent less if he just did an auto.

Coxy

Established Member
Why stand on his nuts about wanting to run it bolt action? If he's got the time and money, all the power to him, it will be awesome. If all that mattered in life was squeezing out every last tenth of ET, you wouldn't bother with a 4000 pound car in the first place.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Why stand on his nuts about wanting to run it bolt action? If he's got the time and money, all the power to him, it will be awesome. If all that mattered in life was squeezing out every last tenth of ET, you wouldn't bother with a 4000 pound car in the first place.

You also would not spend that much money on a sleeved 5.8 with absurd HP numbers either. The point is, his engine build screams race car and the rest of his build screams ported eaton. That's the point. Why make 1500rwhp with a magnum and spend 20k when you can make 1000rwhp with a magnum and run the same times? Or why not run a full manual auto with the 1500rwhp and run faster, safer, and more enjoyable times. Have you ever tried to pilot a 800+rwhp stick car? It's scary to say the least.

SlowSVT

Established Member
a "point & shoot" ride with stupid hp will be best with a slushbox and a stick axle. The IRS will be useless and the T56 would be a distant 4th or 5th choice and for more reasons than 1.

I think the OP knows this already

Venomous 03

Established Member
The car has a built SRA.i want the car a 6 speed because i want to go as fast as i can with it before i go auto.im not wasting my time or money,thats just what i want to do.stick an auto into anything and it will be fast,thats not what i want,i dont want the easy way in.fast car AND driver is what im aiming for.will an auto be faster? Hell yes it will.is it stupid to run a 1300rwhp car with a 6 speed? It could be,but thats how i want to have my fun.ive already set something i want to accomplish.i might break stuff,i might not but i want to go through that experience myself,money is not an issue.thank you to all that understand

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The car has a built SRA.i want the car a 6 speed because i want to go as fast as i can with it before i go auto.im not wasting my time or money,thats just what i want to do.stick an auto into anything and it will be fast,thats not what i want,i dont want the easy way in.fast car AND driver is what im aiming for.will an auto be faster? Hell yes it will.is it stupid to run a 1300rwhp car with a 6 speed? It could be,but thats how i want to have my fun.ive already set something i want to accomplish.i might break stuff,i might not but i want to go through that experience myself,money is not an issue.thank you to all that understand
That was my entire point. You are doing this because you want to, and that is all that matters. Is it weird to some people? Yes lol. But it is your car and your money and you can do what you want!

Weslsew

Established Member

I say put the 4.7 on it with the six speed and have some fun. It will be awesome!

stangfreak

Established Member
I say put the 4.7 on it with the six speed and have some fun. It will be awesome!

gonna be a lot of problems with big big blowers. just saying. You want big power, turbo. Thats it. That saying that big blowrs run cool? Don't think so.

Venomous 03

Established Member
Just saying.the 4.7 is a beast
Liquid cooled with the BIg Gun intercooler upgrade,staying cool wont be a big problem.
150 hp gain over the 4.2 at the same boost.most likely the baddest out there

svtshadow

Banned
OP, am like you, l like to experience stuff first hand. People told me not to put a sump on my street car because if i get rear ended it will blow up. I have been rear end twice, and tank was nowhere close to be damaged or hit.

I say slap that blower, live the experience to post it here. There are a lot of people with stick shift with over 1000rwp, not everyone has a driver mod.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Have you ever tried to pilot a 800+rwhp stick car? It's scary to say the least.

I have many times for the past 3 years. Good times but takes a lot of practice to make it work well.
Look up Nicholas Shortbridge, he has a 1300+ HP T56 Terminator. Still on the IRS thought.
Whatever you decide to do will be a blast!

SlowSVT

Established Member
gonna be a lot of problems with big big blowers. just saying. You want big power, turbo. Thats it. That saying that big blowrs run cool? Don't think so.

yea, it's all fun & games until this happens :nonono:

SnappedCobracrank_zpsceccfb96.jpg

MalcolmV8

Established Member
At the HP levels the OP is going for I'd say turbo(s) over blower hands down. Quite simply for the massive advantage of boost by gear and boost by RPM. The car will hook and go like a rocket in all gears and speeds. Remember a 1000+ whp stick shift blower car is spinning unless you have a lot of money in suspension, tires etc. and a lot of practice with the gas pedal. If you're spinning you ain't winning :)

Users who are viewing this thread