Tune/tuner combos

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Its the "Shaun @ AED tried to get someone fired and is basically is giant turd" thread lol.

quick paraphrase of the majority feeling on that several page thread.

:)

Last edited:

redline5.0

Established Member
I wish I knew what thread you all are talking about lol.

I just realized you have a a6 car, mike rousch from Mid Atlantic Performance does amazing auto tunes too if not one of the best so that is another option as well.

scott_0

Established Member
Which is a bummer, because that is useful information for consumers in deciding who they want to deal with

I wish I knew what thread you all are talking about lol.

Its the "Shaun @ AED tried to get someone fired and is basically is giant turd" thread lol.

quick paraphrase of the majority feeling on that several page thread.

:)
anything in that thread has NOTHING to do with his tuning ability, NOTHING!!! kind of the point of not dragging that drama into this thread. let it die already!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'll just say this OP, i'm not going to name anyone specifically you can read my signature if you'd like.

ANY! Tuner who doesn't datalog isn't doing it right regardless of how few or many mods that you have here is why?

#1. Factory Tune files from Ford have in some cases exhibited drivability issues as well as severe lean conditions in certain situations.
#2. While in theory all our cars are the same, they're really not, all of these cars behave a little different and with as complex as the copperhead ecu is, the slightest piece of calibration being off makes a huge deal sometimes.

#3. Everyones gas situation is different, I can't being to tell you how much bad gas is out there from 91 to 93 to pump e85. If the tuner isn't datalogging he's either making it over conservative (Cheating you on power) to mask to root cause of the issue being bad gas which can easily be determined from datalogs.

#4. If you're going to spend money modding your car, you want the most power out of it for what you're spending right ? The only way to do this is to fine tune Fuel Trims, MaF, Variable Cam Timing, and Spark. Despite what some people think, these cars are made or broken based on VCT table adjustments. There are tuners out there who don't even touch these values thus holding your setup back enormously.

#5. Do your research find out what tuners have had bad luck with motors popping on someones tune that was a shelf, "canned", generic tune (I.E. Not written specifically for your car) and look at how many motor have been popped from a legitimately full datalogged tune. The numbers are astonishing, also you'll find that the cars that have had motors popped ironically are cars that seem to be making less power, so keep in mind less power doesn't always mean "safer" or "better" it means less optimized.

If you load a canned tune on your car be prepared if you go up against a buddy with equal mods but he has a logged tune to get pulled, and also be prepared for the possibility drivability issues.

this is info right here is very important. if your gonna spend 30k plus you want to make sure when you mod it, your not gonna have it blow up and you paying 10k for a new motor.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
anything in that thread has NOTHING to do with his tuning ability, NOTHING!!! kind of the point of not dragging that drama into this thread. let it die already!

stop quoting every single person who mentions it and it might?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The other thread has absolutely nothing to do with tuning and is also available for all to view if they choose.

scotmach

Established Member
I just realized you have a a6 car, mike rousch from Mid Atlantic Performance does amazing auto tunes too if not one of the best so that is another option as well.
This since you have an auto clc44.

But Lund would also be an excellent choice.

scholle

Established Member
Do any of these tuners mentioned leave options open for the end user to adjust if they want? Things like tire size , shift points, shift pressure,axle ratio, global timing Etc. ?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I didn't want to comment on this but really felt the need to. I apologize OP for this... Scott_0 - nor does beating women or child affect Ray Rice or Adrian Petersons ability to play football

Gray5.0

Established Member
I'd go with aed even after all the bashing. He makes the car drive and feel so much better than stock. Hence why you do data logs to dial it in just right. Shaun isn't just after your money either. If you car isn't acting right upon its initial data log he will either tell you to fix it or take your car somewhere else. He's not desperate to tune or sell everything out there like some of these guys one here jumping on every thread asking about a paxton or tune he just lets word of mouth get him business. Oh and op his tunes are safe because of the data logging allows h to make adjustments based off what he sees. Shaun's a great tuner and stand up guy in my book

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
I'm in the middle of data logging with AED right now. If yall think rhe datalogging process is too much trouble I really don't know what to tell ya. Very rarely can you spend $250 on a product and have 100% confidence in what you spent your cash on, before actually receiving the product.

I like things to be 100% correct not 99%, so it's a no brainier for me.

Users who are viewing this thread