Tuning in NC

00BlackGT

Established Member
Friend just got full exhaust for christmas for his 2012 boss, he is doing an intake and the ford racing TB.

Obviously this combo will need to be tuned and we are look for the best, most reputable tuner in NC to do this.

Let me here some opinions, Aaron at tru dyno tuned my old procharged GT and i was very satisfied but I want the best tuner for this platform!

Thanks

Muzner

Established Member
I've heard a lot of good things about Pro Dyno. They are around the corner from where I live. If I ever get mine tuned I plan to go there and have them do it.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Pro dyno. Dan is the man

Another vote for Dan at Pro Dyno. If you want to drive your car to a guy for dyno tuning or a parts install, I recommend him. We also offer tuning by Jon Lund which is all done remotely via email, so that's another option for your friend as well.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Friend just got full exhaust for christmas for his 2012 boss, he is doing an intake and the ford racing TB.

Obviously this combo will need to be tuned and we are look for the best, most reputable tuner in NC to do this.

Let me here some opinions, Aaron at tru dyno tuned my old procharged GT and i was very satisfied but I want the best tuner for this platform!

Thanks

I would go with Rick at Amazon tuning in Mooresville over Pro Dyno. I have the fastest ET's and MPH for a bolt-on Boss, ran 11.5's and have trapped 123mph with just an exhaust, intake, and tune from Rick, that's on 12.0 a/f's and only 28 degrees of timing.

Last edited:

cobra1718

Established Member
another suggestion or vote for Pro Dyno. Have had a number of cars tuned. Pro dyno has always got the best results and he will stand by his work.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member

Thanks

We are now located in Mooresville NC.
If you want to PM a # I will have Rick give him a call to discuss his tuning options for his 2012 Boss

I suggest that he speak with any tuner he is considering then decide based on his conversations.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Dan tuned my GT500 at Pro Dyno. Great people to deal with, and Dan definitely knows his stuff.

00BlackGT

Established Member
Surprised how many votes there are for pro-dyno... i've heard alot of bad, not with the custom service, just less than ideal tuning.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Surprised how many votes there are for pro-dyno... i've heard alot of bad, not with the custom service, just less than ideal tuning.

You will hear pros and cons about any tuner.You will get varying opinions depending on who wants to post about who. Only you can decide who will be the right "fit" for the goals you have for your vehicle. That is why talking to several tuners will help you figure out who will be the best choice for you.

strongs_2009

Established Member
Dan is a stand up guy. I have known him for a few years now. He is the first one who tuned my 07GT500. I have had Dan @ Pro Dyno, Caleb @ Fastlane and Carl @ Competition Auto all tune it before. Each one is a great tuners in there own right. In ways all work together if they come apon something they cant figure out or are unsure of. So going to any of them is a safe bet you just have to pick who you feel better with working on your car. I know all 3 personally have worked on a boss and tuned them and have had great results doing so.

Last edited:

00BlackGT

Established Member
Lol. Has Dan tuned your cars or you "just heard".

Nah he has not, because of detonation issues when he tuned my buds KB Cobra and his dad's KB GT500 blowing up when it had 1500 miles.

Now there are two sides to every story, and if this many people recommend him, he must be good lol.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Funny he tuned my cobra to 836 rwhp on e85 and he tuned it on gas just over 800 rwhp and we ran the crapp out of at the track, if u blew your car up from detonation its your own faught, does Dan install your gas and measure the octane I think not anyhow I've bought 93 before and guess what it knocked and I had tuned it my self guess what I made a few phone calls they paid to have my tank drained someone had dumped 87 in on top of the premium fuel and it measured like 90 octane cause I still had some 93 mixed in! If it pinged they should have carried the car back and Dan would have been happy to tweak it some more, also it's a performance setup and stuff breaks

jayman33

I've been to both tuners. Rick and Lynn's customer service and family atmosphere is awesome and thats probably the reason I was so patient with them tuning my car. With that being said Rick had a hard time tuning my 2011 GT whipple which involved around 10 hours on his dyno and 2 months of datalogging. I made the most power with his tune at 624 on a dyno and 11.3 WOT, he just couldn't make it streetable... at all. Rick or Lynn responded to my phone calls and emails very quickly, quicker than any other vendor who tunes, I went with another tuner (mail order) and it was spot on the first time with zero issues. I'm not saying Rick is a bad tuner as I've seen others with the Coyote have successful tunes done by him. I just wanted to state the truth about Amazon tuning. Great group of people, although I wasn't completely satisfied I didn't leave as a pissed or unhappy customer.

Users who are viewing this thread