turbo kit pics please

WIPLASH1

Established Member
As twin turbo installs go, I've heard the install for this is absolutely dreadful? Fitment isn't all that great is what the guy said.
It's not fun, but if you've ever read a Hellion install thread they're not far off. It's a little more involved on the '13+ cars with the need to redo the IC brackets. My biggest gripe is the lack of an exhaust hanger. On3 leaves the end user to figure one out on there own, which my guess is most customers won't put one on, and will lead to cracks in the header. The instructions could use more pictures, but there's enough pics in build threads to get it done.

Otherwise the piping was nuts on, hot and cold. Hoses, drains, brake lines, it was all good. There's a lot of people that have had fitment issues, but on the flip side myself, other home installs, and MANY shop installs had zero issue with fitment. I was impressed with the piping.

stretchb, were you having MAF signal issues? Looks liek you're running the Paxton setup? I ran the Pro-M Wave with a super smooth signal in the stock piping, was fearing the worst on that one.

stretchb

Established Member
I tuned it myself on the street. So no numbers.

John was afraid if people had to change the line and drain/refill the A/C, then it might scare some off from buying the kit. Easier install.

I wouldn't put an ON3 kit on my car if it were given to me for free! Any one can build a junk kit and make it work, but the cheap quality isn't worth the hassle.

Just my $.02

and how fast is your over priced kit ?

WIPLASH1

Established Member
I tuned it myself on the street. So no numbers.

John was afraid if people had to change the line and drain/refill the A/C, then it might scare some off from buying the kit. Easier install.
Valid point, but posts of Hellion owners losing the charge on the road won't help either.

I wouldn't put an ON3 kit on my car if it were given to me for free! Any one can build a junk kit and make it work, but the cheap quality isn't worth the hassle.

Just my $.02
That's easy to accept, I don't have a problem with that opinion. By the time you add the cost of quality gates, quality BOV's, and BB Precisions the cost of the piping isn't that far apart. I'm sure the Hellion headers are of much quality, that being said though the On3's clearly work and aren't going to fail.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
and how fast is your over priced kit ?
Not as fast as yours ended up in the shop! Like I said, anyone can make a junk kit fast. It's not impressive.

Valid point, but posts of Hellion owners losing the charge on the road won't help either.

That's easy to accept, I don't have a problem with that opinion. By the time you add the cost of quality gates, quality BOV's, and BB Precisions the cost of the piping isn't that far apart. I'm sure the Hellion headers are of much quality, that being said though the On3's clearly work and aren't going to fail.
My A/C line is still fine. I have personally seen a local On3 kit fail and headers crack. No thanks. You can keep the Chineese crap. Lifetime warranty better quality stainless steel American made for me!

Cheers. :beer:

WIPLASH1

Established Member
Not as fast as yours ended up in the shop! Like I said, anyone can make a junk kit fast. It's not impressive.

My A/C line is still fine. I have personally seen a local On3 kit fail and headers crack. No thanks. You can keep the Chineese crap. Lifetime warranty better quality stainless steel American made for me!

:beer: Pics of the hangers he put on the exhaust?

And nothing is impressive about anyone's kit, AFIK none of them have defied the laws of physics, whether it's double or quadruple the price.

Last edited:

stretchb

Established Member

it ended up in the shop due broke block ?

but it now has a stock motor with FASTEST off the shelf TT kit, would u like to have a comparison at the track ? being we are semi local.

rintegration

Established Member
Here's a pic of our prototype kit
1374930_10151660669677681_2080747151_n_zpsb9b526b0.jpg

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

How is what stretch did not impressive? I think he took the "cheap" off the shelf turbo kit and made it run faster then any other off the shelf turbo kit. Pretty impressive to me.

Here's a pic of our prototype kit
1374930_10151660669677681_2080747151_n_zpsb9b526b0.jpg

What kit is this one?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
:beer: Pics of the hangers he put on the exhaust?

And nothing is impressive about anyone's kit, AFIK none of them have defied the laws of physics, whether it's double or quadruple the price.
I don't have pictures of it. He is a local Dallas guy that had the kit.

Exactly my point! Jamming air through tubing into an engine. It can be done by anyone.

it ended up in the shop due broke block ?

but it now has a stock motor with FASTEST off the shelf TT kit, would u like to have a comparison at the track ? being we are semi local.
No, I set my car up for the street and I am still on my FIRST stock engine. I am not willing to push the motor because I would like to sell it to help me offset the cost of a built motor. But I am 100% certain a car given the same mods and tune would not have any problems running similar times as you.

How is what stretch did not impressive? I think he took the "cheap" off the shelf turbo kit and made it run faster then any other off the shelf turbo kit. Pretty impressive to me.
I will agree 100% that the times that he ran are very impressive for anyone. It is not easy going low 9's with any set up. But it has ZERO to due with the kit. Like I said, jamming air through tubing into an engine can be done by anyone. It's how a kit is built that means the most when it comes to turbo kits.

stretchb

Established Member
what did they call the rich kid with "Fancy" skateboard and cool gear but he never skated, only carried his board and made statements like "anyone can roll down a hill" ?

"Poser"

CSG

Established Member

What kit is this one?

Hell, how would you like your high dollar kit to be sharing dyno and track time with one of these "cheap ass, no good" kits and constantly be having the high dollar kit handed its ass... it sucks, trust me.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
JMHO, The CPR kit is the best quality and performance "BANG FOR THE BUCK" I've seen and the fact its a single system makes it even more desirable. Why run twins if you don't need to ? :pop:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
What do they call a broke kid with a "Jalopy" skateboard and no supporting mods and breaks his skateboard because he was not smart enough to build it properly?

"Ignorant"

See how two can play at your childish game? :rolleyes:

It's ok. Whatever makes you feel better. Just keep beating your chest. "Record This" and "Fastest That".

How about "8 Time" Super Street Outlaw Champion? How's that for a "Real" record?

Do I plan on running it? Yes. But like I said, if you care to have read, I will not push it because I need to sell this motor to help offset the cost of a built motor.

If you would like to kindly send me the funds for the new motor, then I might think about it. But you won't because it's obvious you like to waste money.

CSG

Established Member
I wish I was brave enough to invest the money in one of these single turbo kits to compare it to my Hellion kit. If I don't like this 2.9 then maybe I'll give one a try but the money for a kit + tuning is too much to gamble on when just coming off the $ loss on the Hellion. That would be an awesome comparison if someone does it and is honest about the results.

Users who are viewing this thread